1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A better Vote Abuse Punishment

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by DKFox99, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    10:19 AM
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    Hey Everyone,

I want to start out by saying I have never been banned, nor do I even own a second account. This is just an idea I had on a way to prevent voting abuse and a better system to hopefully make people not do it again. This has been a hot topic recently and since I like this game and community I figured I would put in my input for the GM's and others to think about. It might have flaws but they could be worked out.

The current system we have is to hand out 7 day bans for vote abusing. Although giving bans is a fine punishment it does not fit this crime. When you get banned for 7 days all you do is vote and get a free 35k nx when your not even playing. Isn't the point of this punishment to actually...well punish the people who are getting extra nx from voting. Instead you just give them a free pass to keep voting in their current system. I think that there needs to be a new system put in place for this punishment.

This is what the new system should be.
    1) You get a 3-7 day ban (depending on how many times you have abused the system). During this time you will not be allowed to vote or have any type of game activity because that is truly what a ban is.
    2)The nx that is in their account currently should be taken away and reduced to 0. I understand that you cant take away items due to duping and other issues. So if they already spent some of that nx, you cant do much about it. But you can reduce their nx down to 0.
    3) This is a new function that should be added. Each player should be forced to pay back the amount of nx that they "stole" from the game. For example: A player earns 20k nx that he should not have earned. The nx will be taken away. Their new nx total would be -20k nx. Now after their ban is up. The next 4 days of their voting will be used to pay off debt that they have. This function makes sense because when they earned all of that nx in 1 day or so they have techniqually been paid there nx for 4 days. So they should spend the next 4 days paying back when they earned. This will balance the market as well because there will not be an increase in gachas and other items.

This punishment actually fits the crime. If you were to steal money from a bank, (example from autoassemble), you would serve jail time (your ban time). Then you would also have to pay back all money and damages done (your negative nx that you will pay back). Now I understand that there might be a few flaws in this system. By I think this is a decent punishment for abusing our Voting process. The flaws could be worked out and discussed more by GM's, who could put their own touch to this system. But overall this system should be a good punishment that will deter people from vote abusing in the future.

TL;DR: 3 day ban with no voting allowed during. NX reduced to 0. However much NX you earned by abusing will now be a Negative number and you use your votes to pay that debt back.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:19 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    You can't roll back them.
    You can't actually stop them from voting.
    You can't take away the profit they gained from voting.

Why not make the ban longer than 7 days, avoid all this over time removing nx.. and just give a longer ban, a harsher punishment for a pretty much free crime. You lose nothing you gained. All you do is chill for 7 days, come back and continue to spend the profit. #Gains

3. J4sper

J4sper Brown Teddy

May 29, 2015
    Male
    Jasper
    Warrior
    Reduced nx to 0 is a great idea. In my personal opinion it should be permanent account block. So they would start all over again and work for it. Other than that +1 from me

4. OP
    OP
    DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    The problem Aero is that they are getting away free. "You lose nothing you gained." Thats why its a problem. You have nothing to lose by vote abusing. They give you a tiny slap on the wrist and you cant play for a few days but yet you keep earning NX. Thats why I suggested this new system to fix it.

5. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    12:19 PM
    Beginner
    -
    Only problem is this emphasizes the throw away gach accounts even more

6. OP
    OP
    DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    throw away gacha accounts have to be lvl 45 now. That problem has already been dealt with.

7. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    12:19 PM
    Beginner
    -
    If that problem has been dealt with then there’s no reason to discuss this further

8. OP
    OP
    DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    That's not true. Throw away accounts have already gotten a fix. This is for vote abusing of nx. what ppl spend it on is a different story. This thread is how to fix people vote abusing

9. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    1:19 PM
    Moderator Post
    I will mention that, at the very least, I will be wiping any vote points or NX on the alts by the end of the ban. I simply do not touch them yet in case players wish to appeal and if any of my logging and background checks happen to be incorrect. I also am looking to see if certain players continue to multi-vote even after they are banned (which there are some extremely intelligent players trying to do).

• Like Like x 6
  10. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Why not wipe their mains as punishment also, the NX is a gift, it can be taken away right?

11. OP
    OP
    DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    That's awesome Navi! That starts to solve some of the problem as well!

12. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    I do not see why vote abusing isn't an instant perma ban.

I am from MapleRoyals, and that is what they do, and it works nicely. There will always be a few amount of people that know how to get around the system and not get caught, but everyone knows that voting on more than 1 account for NX is against the rules. There is no reason not to instantly perma these people.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:19 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think all you need to do is subtract however much NX that was obtained illegally from their account (which will more than likely put them into the negatives anyway). Also perma-ban the vote mule account.

If you only do that, adding on a ban is more than enough punishment. There would be no need to further reduce their NX to zero before putting them into negatives, and also a rollback, while it is probably possible, is even more of an undue punishment. Not to mention the fact that items having nothing to do with gash and quest progress, exp, and levels are lost, it's way too much trouble to go through.

14. OP
    OP
    DKFox99

DKFox99 Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2015
    Male
    DKFox99
    Warrior
    Dalmascus
    "I do not see why vote abusing isn't an instant perma ban." Yah i totally agree with that as well. I would have put that in but I figured the GM's dont want to perma ban people other wise they would. I would prefer perma bans but this is an alternate to that. That was my thinking at aleast.

15. JohnMR

JohnMR Red Snail

Jun 20, 2015
    Male
    If you don't show a heavy hand when punishing rule breakers, they may just decide to take the risk for the tradeoff of the potential rewards earned by voting multiple times on multiple accounts.

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    7:19 PM
    Beginner
    Yeah, You've seen America lately? The hard punishment thing is working wonders over there :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  17. JohnMR

JohnMR Red Snail

Jun 20, 2015
    Male
    I have no idea what America has to do with anything.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    7:19 PM
    Beginner
    Just figured I'd throw in a real life example of how punishment of the masses doesn't always work as intended.

19. JohnMR

JohnMR Red Snail

Jun 20, 2015
    Male
    That depends on what you consider working, but I don't think it is relevant to this server. The fact of the matter is, if the punishment is light, what stops you from doing it again?

20. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    That is a fucking horrible example lol

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.