1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Anti-Leech System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aquarium, Jun 12, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    9:07 PM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    The thing is, the suggestion is not only to nerf Bishops (even if it's mainly Bishops that sell leech) but nerfing leeching in general. I didn't think of nerfing HS as a solution since it still makes leeching viable both for afkers and on other occasions. I think it would be better to just restrict the leeching completely which will solve the problems with HS for afkers and leeching. This is also to make it fair for all classes.

2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    Candy does not like Leechers he said.
    Leechbotx.png
    Teehee

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thing though is that nobody regular leeches, because its less exp ALSO for the attacker, so I see nothing wrong with regular leech. HS leech gives BENEFITS for both, which is what is bothering people about HS leech, I think.

However, the post that I've made about afk leech also would be applied for non HS leech.

4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Latte, is that you?
    Oh wait.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    3:07 PM
    Didn't he invent duo leeching?

6. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    There's people selling leech without HS in the Marketplace forum and I have seen people leeching even at Teddies and Platoon Chronos. Even if it's less exp for the attacker, the one who's afk still gets quite a bit of exp and that's what bothers me. People that isn't playing the game shouldn't be able to get exp.

7. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop
    what if the player doing the killing is also the player leeching? they are still "playing the game"

also, why does it bother you that someone else is getting exp while they do something else? what if a friend wants to help his friend level up so that they can pq/boss/quest together? is that really so bad?

8. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    If you are leeching yourself you are basically playing one character while you are getting exp on two. Pretty unfair.

Then they can train together. You can help someone without leeching them.

If you read my other posts and my answers to you, I have already answered this.

9. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop

i think you should take a step back and stop trying to tell people how they can and cant play.

its not unfair for me to leech myself, "unfair" would require me to have an advantage that others can never have.
    telling someone they cant leech their friend because you dont think its the right way to play is just silly. its my story, if i want to spend it on a rope, i have every right. the same way i have a right to build a full STR mage, or a dexless bowman. its my game, let me play it my way. it doesnt affect you at all. (rankings do not affect you)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Listen to your own advice, some people care about the rankings more than others and are more competitive than others. Some play to be as high as possible on the rankings, then leeching does affect you. I'm still not against leeching, it's fine as it is, but you're bringing wrong/contradicting arguments to the table.

Assuming Temple of Time will be introduced, though, Bishops should get a nerf without taking away their strength, since that gives non-Mage classes a good place to grind, making it even less necessary to nerf them in any way...

11. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop
    i am not telling someone they can or cant play a certain way because of rankings. rankings have always been a hardcore grind, a "free-for-all", if you will. its an anything goes system.

rankings do not affect your gameplay directly. if you are using them to be competitive, that is a dynamic outside of the game that you are including on your own.

i do understand the argument for "highest rank", the competition drives some people, but that doesnt validate changing how the game works for others. if you want to compete with me for ranks, dont try to cripple me because you cant keep up. on this note though, i do not personally care about ranks and would gladly remove myself from them if that meant i can continue playing undisturbed.

12. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    8:07 PM
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    This thread sprinkled so much salt in my eyes i cant see what im typing.

OT: so you guys want hs leeching nerfed seems legit but getting rid of leeching all together isnt a wise move, the people who are and have leeched are long done, if its made harder for others to catch up pretty sure alot of people will lose motivation to lvl.

I would say bringing out new grind spots and buffing other places for all classes to grind in party/solo is the way to go.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Its pretty unfair i have to go to a shop and pay VAT on a bottle of water, its unfair theres people that cant get a job even with a degree, its unfair people live on the streets while people have millions....
    Lol grow up please about unfair someone can level 2 chars at the same time just because they have the power to because they have two pcs/ can multiclient, this is rather a pathetic thing to complain about, either grow a pair or get even and do the same, or dont waste your time playing if its that bad, kinda simple really..

You guys make me laugh, if you guys are 20+ and complaining about this then i will vomit salt.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:07 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Simmer down there buddy. That kind of attitude is unwanted here.

This may be a game, not real life, but you know what that means? It means problems and inequalities can actually be fixed - and pretty easily at that since everything is basically coded onto a computer in a virtual world.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Yes things can be fixed, thats why gacha was changed (for balancing) saying someones playstyle should be nerfed completly and they shouldnt be able to do it falls under " if i cant do it, no one else should be able to" i dont see how it affects people lol, if you want to spend 10 hours a day to lvl once knock yourself out, doesnt mean the whole server has to do the same thing.
    So someone can lvl two chars at once, how does that cause problems for other people, as i mentioned before opening new spots or buffing other spots for party play would motivate more parties and attackers wouldnt be feeling out of place, that being said doesnt mean leeching needs to be nerfed, if people care about rankings so much they would leech as well.
    Granted not everyone has the same time to put into playing a maple private server so im sure people leech to keep up or pass the hard lvls that would take hours to lvl once, removing that option while no sufficeint grinding spots can atone for the nerf would result in people not playing or bothering to lvl up.
    On top of that you would be giving the people who have already raped leeching a huge gap of an advantage and that would just cause even more problems, also people currently lvling an alt to just leech themselves would result in wasted time if it gets nerfed, again causing problems and hate.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Kim should just do what she thought of doing, nerf exp if they don't kill a mob every few minutes. I've seen this on a few other servers and it works wonders. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Loki

Loki Slime

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    New Zealand
    7:07 AM
    Precision
    Bowman
    GUCCI
    Here's my argument.

When they nerfed party ratio to 80/20 people still continued to leech.

I think that fact alone implies how op current leeching is.

To me leeching is fine as long as the exp gain is roughly in-line with standard training (both solo and as a party, thought I think some maps should definitely favor a faster rate with a party to encourage socializing).

That way, you leech if you cant be bothered training and you can solo and party train the "standard" way.

This will make all ways of training balanced while still giving the funded a way to "get out of traditional training".

Thoughts?

18. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Tell me, do people really feel nostalgic when afking to get exp? Because that's the only thing that gets brought up every time people discuss this topic. It's nostalgic and part of pre-bb. My memories are quite different.

• Like Like x 3