1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Anti-Leech System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aquarium, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    1:48 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    This is only temporary though give the staff some time, ToT will be out in the future and will be better than leeching i'm pretty sure, Sure leeching might be the way to go now but there is still a lot of content that has to be released. I think once ToT is released a group of attackers will get more exp than a bishop leeching someone. Just give it some time.

2. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    7:48 AM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    It still doesn't prove me wrong, and with that said, ToT (and most of the other stuff that will be added) is also an improvement added from a newer version.

EDIT: (Merged post)

That's the thing, I'm not looking to make Bishops and Arch Mages useless, I'm just looking to make them better together with a party instead of soloing and leeching people.

I hope I made myself and my point understandable, English isn't my mother tongue so excuse my grammar-/spelling mistakes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    1:48 PM
    Right now I'm think of GS leech and WS leech, I don't think ToT has training spots that are better for players who are around that leeching level range of GS/WS?

The lowest levelled mob at ToT is 90+ isn't it? Are they better than whatever leech a level 90+ player can get?

• Like Like x 2
  4. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    6:48 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    :poop:

From the perspective of someone who hasn't made friends with anyone currently selling Gene leech, I can agree that I do envy those who are granted leech for cheap/free.

I blew all my cash on blowing up himes and I'm stuck at 115, no cash for leech, and just feeling like :poop: wasting so many pots on killing stuff to get decent %/hour.

In all honesty, I lost motivation to train, due to the fact that people can get leech and they do infact level much quicker than those who grind instead.

However, you shouldn't let the way others play affect you.

The reasoning is, not one of us here was the #1 mapler back on GMS/EMS/JMS/BMS/KMS/TSM/FNATIC, we all play differently, there might be some people here in the top #10 or w.e, but you weren't number one for a prolonged period of time. :poop:

Aiming to become number one on a private server is still a hard goal to achieve. Don't expect just because it's 'x2' xp that the road is going to be easy.

It's actually going to be harder than EMS, since in v62 you were in fact able to combine HS with a x2 XP coupon, a welcome-back ring and a x2 XP event.

If you let others' gameplay (specifically bishops) deter you from playing your game, then it's your own problem.

Don't get too annoyed at it, it's what BBB was and is.

Focus on your own XP gain, just because someone else is getting 70% an hour, that doesn't mean YOU have to get that much XP as well.

Play the game because you like the game, trying to change the game is missing the point, if you don't enjoy it anymore, it's hard to let go, but just move on to a different game.

• Like Like x 5
  5. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I was mostly thinking about leech for higher levels since everyone seems to be able to get to 100+ without leeching but yes, that's true as well and shouldn't be forgotten.

EDIT: (Merged post)

I don't envy anyone getting leech, I just don't understand them. My guess is that people just want to be high up on the rankings and that they don't actually enjoy getting leeched. I know that some people are working hard to get high on the rankings and I respect them. But I don't understand people being proud of themselves if they got leeched to the top and don't deserve to be there. I'm playing the game as I like it and making sure I enjoy myself. That is why I'm suggesting ways to improve the game both for hardcore and casual maplers. In one way leeching is an unfair advantage even if it doesn't affect me directly, it affects the other aspects of the game which then affects me. I don't understand why you think changing the game to the better is wrong.

6. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    OP mentioned he wants to make parties more favourable minus leeching. If you disagree with that, kindly provide some explanations.

Out of curiosity, for the people who support or don't mind leeching being present, do you feel this way because it was a feature of v62 and therefore don't want to mess with it, or do you guys like the idea of leeching and the way it works here? Meaning, if you were the game designer working on the party system, would you have avoided a leeching system, or would you include it intentionally?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:48 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I agree that it would improve the community to have a more... Active feel to it, not just hit level 110+ and start afk training by leeching.

But on the other hand... This was v62. So if they want a fully GMS server I can understand why they don't make these changes.

Overall this idea has a lot of positives yet a negative which is big enough to out weigh the positives due to it ruining what the server is apparently about.

Personally, I'll give it a +1.

8. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Leeching is a part of the game....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    why not make the party exp to something like 65/35 or 70/30 ~ ? ( leech would still be a part of the game this way, but it would be more fair against people actually killing in the party compared to people sitting on a rope :p )
    would just reduce the leech exp a bit but still not make it worthless like 80/20

or we could just wait for ToT and see if solo grinding there will be better than leech ? OnionMad

• Like Like x 1
  10. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    11:48 PM
    Beginner
    From what i remember from GMS, training with a bishop was always better then soloing at ToT. Although i think training with 2 attackers with an HS mule is pretty similiar i think its just a tad slower.

11. Admiral

Admiral Mushmom

May 30, 2015
    Give Genesis, Blizzard and Meteor Shower a cooldown, problem solved.

12. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    @tommi@tommi you don't solo at ToT. Duo with FM HS, which is why you make HS mules!

13. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Well if we change the party exp rates we don't only nerf leeching but we also nerf normal parties. If we change the rates to 70/30, people will just train more for themselves and less people will party, which is not what we want...

14. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    8:48 AM
    Sean
    thanks for deleting all my posts, just keep everything the way it is theres literally nothing wrong with leeching (If you can afford to buy it do it its cheap, if you have a friend that can leech you do it its free, else just go grind alone and let people hang on ropes in peace)

15. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Assuming both players kill at the same rate as each other, no matter the split ratio, the total exp gained will be the same. The lesser you split towards your party members, the more exp you gain the faster you kill, so raising the ratio from 60/40 to 70/30 and above would benefit players who kill faster than their party members.

If you can find a partner who kills around the same speed as you, you will still benefit from partying. Don't forget you get party bonus exp, and if you find a priest with HS the exp will definitely be much better than solo, so I don't think a different split ratio will kill off partying. Could use deeper calculations if anyone's interested, but this is what I see at a glance.

16. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    You're right, haha. I didn't think about that, changing the rates is an option. But I don't understand why leeching is even in the game. It doesn't make sense that you don't have to do anything to level up... With changing the rates to 80/20 people still don't have to do anything to get exp, even if partying would be faster. I would say keeping the 60/40 rates without leeching is better since it would keep the fairness between all the party members so that supportive classes don't level up too much slower.

17. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    60/40 could well be the reason for leech. Making it 80/20 would cut the leecher's exp by half, which may or may not still be quite decent exp gain for doing nothing, depending on the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    1:48 AM
    Samus
    Marksman
    From what people have said, you can get from 3-5x as much exp from leeching than you might get from actually grinding at some of the best levels for it (108-120)
    Cutting the party rate in half would mean that at those levels, leeching is still more beneficial, but i'd definitely be in support of that as a start, so that way people can still have "nostalgic" leeching for levels (which i guess is something you fondly remember?) while it won't be so horribly broken.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    I was afraid of that, but setting it at like 90/10 or 95/5 is pretty miserable too, almost as good as removing the split.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    12:48 AM
    Beginner
    -
    I find it highly unfair that someone uses the strength of their class for their own gains. So I suggest any item that is involved with a quest to be marked untradeable. There is no reason why you can't just go and kill things yourself and collect items for yourself. You do not need buy a stack of item for a quest just you can gain exp or an item. If you can't kill bigfoot yourself, you do not need a deputy star and you do not need the xp gains because it obviously too large of amount for you. What you do need to do is spend more time getting better at this game. That or change classes. In fact we should just make everything untradeable, because if you want to scroll something you should farm the scrolls yourself and on the character you want the scrolls for because there is no trading between accounts. There is no reason that someone should be able to get a +30 stat overall without scrolling it themself. They won't fully appreciate the scrolling process. They gained too much advantage over the "normal player". They are simply just taking a short cut to get more powerful. We are here for a challenge guys not for things to be handed to us from another person.