1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Omok sets

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Doap, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    1:16 AM
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Might be wrong, I don't actually own an omok set right now, but omok sets have designated pairs yeah? Don't know how hard it would be to code or whatever, I have 0 intel when it comes to that shtuff, but I thought it'd be cool to be able to put whatever 2 types of pieces together. It'd add a bit of diversity that I've never seen anywhere else. I don't know if it's even possible but yeah, thoughts?

2. Tank

Tank Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Tank
    There are no designated sets. Any 99 pieces can be paired with any other 99 pieces to make a set.

3. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    7:16 AM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    The sets are designated to each other; following this specific rule.
    The Omok pieces dropped in Victoria Island can be paired with any other omok piece in Victoria Island.
    The Omok pieces dropped in Ludibrium can be paired with any other omok piece in Ludibrium.
    Slimes & Pigs
    Pink Teddies & Trixters

But no Slimes & Pink Teddies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    Is there a way to get rid of the rule? idk if it's too non-gms like to do it, but aside from that I don't see it as game-breaking :S

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    7:16 AM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    The issue is that Neckson only added the items for the pairrings I've listed above. Like Omok Set Trixter & Pink Teddy. I don't know how Neckson handled the code with which piece are there, so no clue if possible to add. I'll give the full list of omok sets which CAN be made:

Victoria Island:
    Slime & Mushroom
    Slime & Octopus
    Slime & Pig
    Octopus & Mushroom
    Pig & Octopus
    Pig & Mushroom

Ludibrium:
    Bloctopus & Pink Teddy
    Bloctopus & Trixter
    Pink Teddy & Trixter
    Panda Teddy & Bloctopus
    Panda Teddy & Pink Teddy
    Panda Teddy & Trixters

6. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    We would need to get custom designs for all of the pieces and have a series of sprites so that the animation of them moving on the board comes together. While I can say that it is potentially possible to make a custom omok set with custom pieces, I don't know if anybody on the current team would be willing to design everything just so we can test it out. I'll move this to rejected as a staff project, but if the community is really interested in it and want to put in the effort, they can give it a shot and I would personally be willing to try to implement it. If people want to, they can look at the image for the board and pieces themselves (what they looks like in your inventory), and also look at each of the frames of the pieces and how they are supposed to look when they are placed on the board (UI->UIWindow->Minigame)

7. OP
    OP
    Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    OnionPerfect cheers