1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The nerfs are too op.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Tank, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank

Tank Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    5:52 PM
    Tank
    Okay I was told my some reliable sources that GMs told them that tons of stuff has been nerfed? I understand nerfing SOME things such as lmpq (even though I didn't like it, I understood it). There are 2 things I heard that were nerfed:

1. Drop rate at skeles. I really do not understand why this was nerfed. Everyone on staff keeps flaunting how this is just like maple v.62 and keeping it as close to it as possible, but then they go and change everything that is considered "OP". Can I have reasons to exactly why this was nerfed? I really don't even understand...

2. Drop rate of ilbis. I dislike this idea, because I personally had to train at ws from 79-100 ish. From level 79-91 I received zero ilbis and RNG was such a horrible person to me. Then from 91-100 I probably got around 5 or something. I know for a fact that if you are starting off and you get to the train at ws stage, you are probably just started to get out of the "poor" and into the " kinda have money... but only for pots" stage. I had to borrow so much money from all my friend to even afford pots. The only reason I was able to pay them back was because of ilbis, they help not only the sins, but whoever trains there. Warriors mostly need those ilbis to have even the money to continue grinding.

P.S. I understand you have been buffing some training places to create more places to train? I personally find that pretty stupid. Why would you create MORE places to train when we have such a low player base. Grinding together and pqing together helps people bond together and find new friends. If you keep spreading them out more and more, people will have little to no friends, they lose motivation and might end up quitting as some of my past friends did.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jasmine

Jasmine Horny Mushroom

May 22, 2015
    Female
    Narnia
    Bliss
    Bishop
    Majestic
    1. At skeles I use at least 2m in pots in less than an hour of grinding. I probably can last about 30-45 mins max and then I have to go repot like literally 5 more times.

2. If ilbis were nerfed from wolf spiders, may I ask why tobis haven't been nerfed? Because people get a crap ton of them in gs2. Not to mention steelies as well at gs5. If it was done to fix the decrease in price in ilbis, why hasn't anything been done with the other stars as well, as I'm sure you're aware that steelies have gone down half and tobis are worth little to nothing?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    6:52 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    1. Skele drop nerf was meant to address the profits that bishops get at skeles in addition to leech payment. I understand that it can seem very bad before 2-hitting them (due to increased pot cost) but eventually it will not matter much because when you hit 7-8 skeles at one time, the drops will still build up really quickly. It's not a big factor to me personally, even without selling leech. The profit after an hour of grinding was around 1.5m from looting mesos and npc-ing equips (depending on luck). However, I can see it affecting the non-bishops who do train at skeles, especially if they pot lots.

2. Not sure about the drop rate of ilbis at WS. But I think it has less to do with bringing up the price of stars than it has to do with people farming them for hours at a go. It's also a popular leeching spot for bishops (less so these days due to harps) so I suppose it was possibly meant to nerf their earnings. I agree that this has a bigger negative impact, since there are many more players legitly grinding at WS than skeles and the money from ilbis could go a long way in offsetting the pot costs.

tl;dr nerfs (if any) are an attempt at limiting bishops' profits, albeit at a cost to other classes. #BlameBishops

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eeko

Eeko Timer

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    3:52 PM
    Supremacy
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I don't get why there's so much nerfing. This is how the game is going to be and this is how its supposed to be. LMPQ nerf, okay fine, ilbi nerf? why even nerf something thats supposed to drop at its normal rate....makes no sense to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    6:52 AM
    We don't necessarily have normal rates to start with. Mesos and mob etc. drop far more often than in GMS if you noticed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    6:52 PM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    lol @ skeles - any other job beside bishop gets no benefit
    even me as an i/l im losing money...
    and make some lmpq changes bruh my gunslinger is stuck --;

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:52 AM
    Moderator Post
    A lot of info is being suggested here without confirmation. However, some are saying here that drop rates are 100% GMS-like. This is incorrect to begin with because the drop rates were never leaked from Neckson's Database. This means that ALL drops, including its % were done by me and Navi during the development of this server. Any claims that the drops are GMS-like and are nerfed from it are incorrect. The Neckson default drop rates are much, much, way much lower because they had 100k users, while we only have 200.

If such nerfs exist, it was done because we've noticed the market price of mentioned item decrease and decrease. Nerfs that I do can confirm is GS which are mentioned here.

We'll look into the complain of this topic. However, there's already other ideas on how to combat the reason of any nerf, which is something we look into as well.

8. Eeko

Eeko Timer

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    3:52 PM
    Supremacy
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I dont even see ilbis in the market anymore. Nerf it but dont nerf it to the point of extinction.

9. Jasmine

Jasmine Horny Mushroom

May 22, 2015
    Female
    Narnia
    Bliss
    Bishop
    Majestic
    I got 1 set in 9-10 hours of WS. I don't know how it is with others but yeah.

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Skele equip drop has been increased for the time being, so are illbis from WS. I am going look more into the core issue and find a better solution to it that doesn't effect everyone in negative way.

EDIT: This is now applied.

11. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    1:52 AM
    Kim break and make ilbi rates higher ? Dam
    Plus u forgot dat except Bishop everyone lose tons of mesos on skele train
    So what the point making me suffer the entire grind chasing the mesos to be able to train

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:52 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think if there's a problem with how much Bishops profit (lol, remembering that topic Bishop Syndrome), nerfing drop rates on skeles and other mobs they specifically train on is NOT the answer. Because then, what happens to all the other classes who don't hit 16 mobs at once when they try to train there?

Rather, several ways to deal with this "issue" have already been mentioned. One would be to nerf leeching just so that it's less effective. If you nerf leeching, it should mean less people want to do it, and overall a more fair price for leech/hr is reduced.

Secondly is removing NLC pots. I know they are "GMS-like" as GMS added them in on purpose, but why the hell did they? Just to make NLC some cool place to be? If you look closely at it, you will see the NLC pots just ruin the economy. Before, elixirs and power elixers were potions that had value and needed to be farmed. Now they are made obsolete. Also, consider the fact that with 10,000 MP, one mana bull will recover 6000 MP for only 2,800 mesos. Compare that to a sunset dew, that recovers 5000 MP and costs around 10,200 mesos.

Wouldn't removing NLC pots certainly cut into bishops' (and other very high level people's) profits? Absolutely! And it would only make sense to. As you get higher level, profits just roll in. Either from the high value of equips, plus looting mesos and etc drops, selling scrolls, and add leeching to all that. Maplestory is like most other MMOs in that the rich get richer, the strong have the ability to make money faster. But why provide unlimited %heal potions for dirt cheap? It makes no sense and is completely unnecessary. Without proper potion expenses, this server will be flooded with mesos.

13. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    11:52 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    lol you all join this server for v62 nostalgia.

This is how it was, bishops do this shit, its a bullshit class i get it, but it was here. Deal or dont.

Also, lowering the drop rates to nerf bishops fucks all of us even more... Just change it back.

Wolf spiders rarely dropped ilbi anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    The main reason I play this is because this server keeps it this way to the point where it will be a challange for a long long time. If they were to make things easy/easier I wouldnt even be here. I rather play a server where it takes 2 years to get to a point of being godly than 2 months.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    11:52 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    If you want it to take 2 years to get godly, I don't recommend owning a bishop character.

16. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    In general it needs to be said that Tobis Steelies AND Illbis droprate have been lowered alltogether, anything else is false information (Source via. droprate changes by Kim)
    I honestly think some changes are for the better. GMS wasn't perfect and having lots of Illbis drop for such a low population is not healthy. I'm not sure but wasn't Illbi price 5m max recently? That's really low considering that they were 8m+ a few weeks ago.

17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not mean to be rude, but once again I want to point out/further confirm that our drop rates are not GMS-like, because GMS-like drops are at least 10 times lower for every drop, because it was made for 100k users. This is also why if we ever make it lower from current rate its still a lot higher than how it was in GMS. And I want to add further that if we actually grow active more, nerfs need to happen sometimes due to increased user base. This is for the sake of the economy and flood of market. Once again the mentioned drops (Skeles, Illbi's at Wolf Spiders) are again the same as how they were before this topic, and we may come up with other solutions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
  19. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    HAHA AT LIONHEART LMFAO MIGHT AS WELL JUST MAKE THIS GAME INTO A SLAVE CAMP WOO@@@@

ANY POINT OF ADVANTAGE OR FUN SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY WOO!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:52 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Removing NLC pots, I don't even, wow.

Just wow.