1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by xBloodBandit, Nov 5, 2015.

1. xBloodBandit

xBloodBandit Blue Snail

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    1:08 PM
    BloodBandit
    Hey everyone, I'm an 18 year old maplestory player that has been around for about 8 years now. I live in the UK and am currently maining my 'Oddjob' character: BloodBandit. Would love to hear of any other Oddjobbers out there.. I hope im not the only 1! I am interested in creating a guild specifically for Oddjobs and finding anyone who has similar opinions to this whacky type of mapler.

Here are a few examples of what Oddjobbers are;

Beginners - This is the most common form of oddjobber. Traditional beginners do not gain a job upon reaching level 10, or ever for that matter, and can build their AP/SP anyway they want to.

Islanders - Islanders are identical to beginners, aside from the fact that they decide to stay on Maple Island.. forever.

First Jobbers - These are any of the 5 explorer classes but no job advancements past the 1st.

Secondary Stat Anybody - This is the use of any class but purely pumping your AP into their secondary stat, making the class deal less damage but have incredibly stable damage. (Doesnt really work for mages, but go for it if you want :) )

HP Warriors - As the name states, these are warriors you obtain the most amount of HP possible. Normally you would go the Fighter/Page route so you can level up by power guard.

Dagger Warriors - Again, as the name states, this is a warrior who equips a dagger. As this class of oddjob, you will add str/dex/luk so you are able to equip daggers. Recommended path would be Fighter due to their combo, advanced combo, shout and chance attack all work with a dagger.

Wand Warriors - Here we are with another self-explantory class. This time, warriors with wands! You will add int/luk to equip wands and then pump str/dex to increase your damage. Not sure if any warrior skills actually work with wands.. but hey :)

Str Mages - Str mages are essentially an upgraded beginner. I like to go the cleric route because of the nice acc/def buffs and HS at level 70. Teleport isnt half bad either.

Bow Whackers - One of my personal favourites :) A bow whacker is a bowman who does not use any arrows. Instead they whack mobs with their bow. The AP build for this class is the same as a regular bowman.

HP Bandits - (This is me!). A little self-explanatory. This class is a bandit that pumps purely HP. Due to meso explosions damage being skill-level based rather than attack range-based it means that you can have extremely high HP while not really losing any damage until level 130+ or so.

Clawginners - Another class that is related to beginners. This class is a thief that does not use any star and instead punches mob with a claw. The perks for this class is dark sight, haste and flashjump.

Knuckleless Pirates - These are brawlers that do not equip a knuckle. Pretty much a slightly weaker than usual brawler, but makes you feel hella badass!

Welp this is the end. Sorry for rambling!

Hmu if you are an oddjobber or wish to learn any more about becoming one!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:08 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    5:08 AM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    Welcome to Legends! I suggest you try leveling a few times before you realize how crazy this guild idea is. Totally support the idea though if you manage to make it out alive! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Wow this is really insane. Way too hard for me xD.

Have fun friend!

5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    8:08 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    hi FeelsGoodMan

6. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Welcome! Love the idea! MapleF11

7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    8:08 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Love the diversity MapleF11 Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    1:08 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Nice idea.... Good luck!

but for me, Fuck that...

9. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Hellu~ Welcome to the MapleLegends family! SlimeCool

10. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    5:08 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Some really cool and interesting ideas here! Never heard of most of these, so thanks for sharing! I admire your extreme patience, haha.
    Welcome to MapleLegends, friend! MapleF2