1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

An old MapleStory Beta Tester

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Bonespace, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Bonespace

Bonespace Slime

Nov 10, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:48 AM
    Bonespace
    Paladin
    Hey fellow Maplers,

After almost 10 years I decided to go back to MapleStory, unfortunately it has changed so much that it only hurt the memories I cherished.

I used to be a MapleStory beta tester, back in 2004 (!) when Wizet still owned the game. I used to play an assassin named Zoukan on the GMS Bera Server. I'm 27 now. I changed; I'm older, but my memories stayed. I'm not just "pre-BB", I'm from the days when people spammed Perion Channel 1 in order to sell their stuff. Level 50 was pro and if you found a Panlid on the Green Mushrooms in Henesys Hunting Ground you were rich. There was no continent other than Victoria and the release of Ossyria (Orbis and El Nath) were huge.

After almost 10 years of not playing MapleStory I wanted to go back to the world I once loved so much. Sadly the official servers were a huge letdown for me. Being level 100 in a single day is ridiculous, and Neckson introduced a lot of bloat when it comes to upgrading equipments. Potential? Cubes? I don't know how it works and I don't want to know. Where are the days that you could just scroll with the 10% and the 60% scrolls? Well apparently I found those days, right here, on MapleLegends.

I will be playing on MapleLegends a lot and will be leveling a Paladin. Feel free to add me as a buddy if you like my story or you are an old MapleStory player.

Greetings,

Bonespace

• Like Like x 20
  2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Hi Bonespace, welcome to the MapleLegends family! MapleF14

3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    4:48 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    FeelsGoodMan

also hi FeelsGoodMan

4. IEatBabies

IEatBabies Red Snail

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    lEatBabies
    Cleric
    Misfits
    Duuuuude!! I remember the days of selling in Channel 1 Perion and Ellinia! And not having taxi money to go back and forth between the two. Also, when finding a crusader chainmail made you a rich warrior lol.

I also remember when I would ask people "What channel are you from?" as if changing channels was like going to a whole new world (it was to my 10 year old self, haha).

Welcome to MapleLegends! I also came looking for the glory of the old days (I stopped frequently playing around v55 and played occasionally up until v85ish). I started off as a fighter on Bera pretty soon after Beta ended and I found out about the game. Add me up in game! (IEatBabies but the I is indeed an L).

5. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    4:48 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Welcome! Days of spamming in Perion and clean panlids being the shit... ah.

6. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Welcome to the family!

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
  8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Welcome friend!

9. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    2:48 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Welcome! I'd love to be your friend on legends, you sound cool and we have the same idea nostalgia wise. ^^ hope to see you around!

10. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    I'm yiko we hpqed today whaleCUM nice to see a beta tester here x)

11. OP
    OP
    Bonespace

Bonespace Slime

Nov 10, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Bonespace
    Paladin
    Thanks for the many welcomes; in one evening I made about 10 friends. I feel very welcomed and it seems this community is very tight-knit. See you all in game!

12. Admiral

Admiral Mushmom

May 30, 2015
    Hey Bone,

I remember those days! Unfortunately I hadnt played in beta yet. Ant tunnel was like the most dangerous area (and Sleepywood as a whole)
    And lol, in Henesys on the way to sleepywood, you would always be careful to not fall down to the golems. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    2:48 AM
    Paladin
    PogChamp B E R A B O Y Z PogChamp

• Like Like x 1