1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Game is harder than it was at the beginning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwine, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    5:33 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    2nd world hype

2. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    I saw a few. you were too slow Kappa

3. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    11:33 PM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    HI GUYS I'M A LVL 100 CRUSADER AND WANTED TO SCROLL MY BOT NOW!
    oh wait..

4. Fredrik

Fredrik Chronos

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Feddieze/Blackbird
    Shadower
    Halyconrad
    yaya my opinion is invalid cuz im a casual and then cuz I'm just 1 person kappa

The server feedback and criticism feels VERY concentrated to the older players which makes sense since they they have had more time to get involved in the community. But just assuming that new players are gonna get deterred with nothing to back it up with feels meh imo. The few players that are actually somewhat new and whom I've doesn't seem mind much at all. Yes it's a small sample size, but to be completely honest I feel like the frustrated ones are the veterans.

I also want to say that I somewhat agree with your view. The whole thing is annoying, but not enough to stop me from playing. A few might actually get deterred but I doubt it's many.

THIIIS SO MUCH. I wanna make a sexy Khanjar for lvl 80 but I can't find any scroll for shields attack whatsoever ;_;

5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    S> bot dex 30% 50m ea, shield atk 30% 100m ea Keepo

6. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:33 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    70s are the ones that disappeared, not 30s bruv

7. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Got those too. Interested?

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol, when I found 60% bottomwear dex scrolls, everyone was asking me where I got them... has no one been hunting them?

Well, I guess night ghosts and dark foxes are better anyway. just sold like 4 30% claw scrolls for 9m each. Found a bunch of 70% oa int, 30% cape dex, 30% dagger att, 30% helmet int, got a yac and a bwg.

It would be a lot nicer if you could farm other scrolls like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    GMS and every other official version continuously got easier and easier which is why the game sucks dick now. I kind of don't want that to happen here.

The complaints about how stuff things were more obtainable before is 100% true. However, you can't say it's unfair that you weren't around when it was and therefore should be compensated cuz you were late to the party.

Within the first couple weeks of release, people spammed the shit out of the former LMPQ and got from 51-70 in like a day. That was changed, but people who weren't that high lvl at the time weren't compensated.
    Anyone who was in the beta got an exclusive chair and the mark of beta. You wanna argue you should get something similar cuz you weren't around at the time?

Life's not fair, deal with it <3.

• Like Like x 5
  10. EternalVoid

EternalVoid Orange Mushroom

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    i am going to have to say this may be the closest point to what ive been trying to say on the post.

11. Nock

Nock Mano

Nov 12, 2015
    /find Nock
    Crossbowman
    Circus
    Well to be honest, I feel that people are using the excuse of "oh, new players are gonna have it so hard, and it's going to be impossible for them to catch up and get similar gear to what people have", while in actuality people are just upset with the changes that were made, how the game became progressively harder, and that other people have gear that was easier to make back then (yet it's still make-able now).

As a new player myself (Lv. 43 Crossbowman), I talk to and play with the lower level / new community. Sure it can be kind of discouraging joining a game late, having people already made end-game equipment, and almost reaching max level. I still find new people (including myself) that are eager to progress in the game and craft our own gear / reach end-game. Every night I see people in my guild attempting to craft new equips & I can't wait until I am able to farm scrolls and make my own gear. I don't think people should be discouraged by what already exists in the server, and instead be motivated by what has yet to be done.

We have yet to kill Horntail once, I've never seen a glove with above 14ATT (I heard highest on server was 15ATT, but never seen), only a few equips in the whole server have been "perfect scrolled" even though you could get higher stats with Chaos technically. No one has reached max level. There is still so much to do, and I don't think a wipe or anything should happen anytime soon. While it sucks that dupers made the game a bit more challenging & feel "less legit", I think the game is still fresh and a lot of stuff is still uncompleted.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I'm kind of inactive right now so I won't actually contribute much here unless I see the need to do so. However...

You can't use "MapleStory" and "hard(er)" together. Maple is IN NO WAY hard. It's time consuming. There is legitimately no hard aspect to the game whatsoever and is in no way challenging. Don't ever say it is, you're kidding yourselves.

Carry on.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Try fighting fighting Griffey, Manon, or Pianus with a mage.

14. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:33 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Mp wash and then Hp wash on mage so that even without magic guard you survive Kappa

15. Christine

Christine Blue Snail

Aug 19, 2015
    Female
    Christine
    Beginner
    What I see is..
    No new players are complaining about missing out on anything.
    The old players are complaining that they missed the chance to make good gear when they had it. And now the game is suddenly too hard because they didn't take advantage of it.

I appreciate the server as it is now. If things were too easy to obtain, then we're straying farther away from a GMS-like server.

I actually enjoy the difficulty of making godly items. It's bittersweet--just like how any competitive game should feel.

• Like Like x 16
  16. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    4:33 PM
    This exactly.

I keep seeing this reoccurring trend of (older) players complaining about the increased difficulty in making these self proclaimed mandatory items (seriously, I play on a legit and have some cruddy int gear but it's good enough for me) and how it's unfair for the newer players. Why is it that the veterans are the ones complaining and speaking for the newer players? I haven't actually seen any of the newer community complain for themselves, particularly on the forums; heck, it's the opposite, really. On the contrary, the general populace seem to enjoy the changes. I honestly feel like the primary motivator for all of these complaints is people being upset that they couldn't abuse the previously broken and over-flooded market of scrolls.

Also on a side note, some of you guys are being incredibly disrespectful through your sarcastic remarks to the administrators (would like also to point out from an objective standpoint that these posts are not in the least humorous regardless); please respect them because the decisions we make within the staff are through a MAJORITY vote and they may have voted along the same principles being advocated here).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  17. lemontea

lemontea Master Chronos

Jul 14, 2015
    Male
    2:33 PM
    lemontea
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    YOU QUIT?!

• Like Like x 1
  18. EternalVoid

EternalVoid Orange Mushroom

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    good job in making a stand this is exactly what ive been looking for i agree 100000% with this and the comment you had replied to keep up the good work this is spot on

19. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters

While I have your attention, can someone from the staff actually address the issue I brought up? There's a difference between "harder to obtain" and "impossible to obtain." Why exactly did certain scrolls just straight up disappear from gach after the revamp?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Cuz beta was 20x Kappa