1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Game is harder than it was at the beginning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwine, Nov 20, 2015.

1. EternalVoid

EternalVoid Orange Mushroom

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    4:05 AM
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    Im inclined to disagree any TRUE competitive player is NEVER discouraged just because something is harder. I personally believe there are " wanna be " competitive players who try to gain an advantage while they can but as soon as they cant they give up. MapleLegends has just as equal of a chance finding " True" competitive players as any other server its all about the individual all that the "harder obtaining scrolls" situation will do is cut the amount of people looking for a chance to be a " wanna be competitive player " because the server is no longer new and will actually impose a challenge for anyone new to put themselves in a competitive stand point

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fredrik

Fredrik Chronos

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    10:05 AM
    Feddieze/Blackbird
    Shadower
    Halyconrad
    Now you are just assuming things^^
    I might have seen a bit casual and relaxed in my post but that's just my personality. I do try hard a lot and I do wanna get on the top, I spend A LOT of time in trying to make money and good gear. The thing is that I'm willing to adapt and make the best of the new situation. I don't mind a bit of an extra challenge :D

3. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    I can only speak for myself, sample size of 1. I would not have spent time here had I joined after the gach revamp.

4. EternalVoid

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    I understand that however when you made the comment you did you referred to it as quote " However, the other category of players is the competitive player. The competitive player is a try-hard, and wants his/her efforts to lead to results. These are the players that move the market, scroll godly items, and keep the game competitive. Maplelegends will have trouble getting these types of players." which would mean multiple people but you just said you can only speak for yourself.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Something you need keep in mind is that you experienced it. A new user would have no idea how the old Gach or old anything was, except word from other.

6. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    And here you speak for yourself, also a sample size of 1.

We all have our individual preferences. And any one person, you or I included, can be outliers.

My thoughts are for what I think will happen on average.

7. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    The new user does not need experience it to be aware of its effects. The effects of jackpot gacha during the first three months will never go away.

I mean, sure, if your only point is to retain players you can just keep the server's past history hidden from them, but isn't the goal is to actually make things fair for everyone, and not just make it seem fair?

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    My point wasn't to hidden it, my point was to provide a new user wouldn't quit simply because the game used to be slightly different then it was months ago. Anyway, we both have a point, however, in end the conclusion to it all is this:

We also never mentioned that even after our tweak gach is final. However, we also didn't provide that changes will still happen. To perfect something, you need experiment a lot over the course of time.

9. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    This is the way I see it. You might as well have a sign on the registration page saying

"Disclaimer: some players that were here for the first 3 months have godly gear that you will probably never get. this is because we nerfed gacha hard. to be perfectly blunt, you will probably never reach the top"
    Now, are you really trying to tell me that wouldn't stop potential players from having second thoughts? Because the above statement is true.

10. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Yes Kimberly, that is why I have posted this thread. To encourage action.

11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You're going way over the top. Private Servers make changes all the time (especially the up-to-date Big Bang servers) and putting something like this is incredible silly.

12. EternalVoid

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    see but i guess thats my point THAT is not the truth people can reach the top and with changes over the course of time that the staff has already said could very well happen almost anyone can reach " god status"
    Also on this comment I feel for you I really do anyone who loves this server wants it to be the best it can be however personally i dont see it as encouraging in my prespective but rather as discouraging Its not about what you say but rather how you say it

13. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    you must not have seen the scroll supply recently Kappa

My personality can be rather confrontational sometimes FeelsBadMan, I mean well though.

14. EternalVoid

Sep 25, 2015
    Male
    Virginia, Us
    EternalVoid
    Bishop
    and the only problem i see with that is that scrolls get used and when all of the " pre nerf " scrolls get used it will start to curve out.

and on this note its all good man i dont say anything personally im just saying i can personally see all the negativity and how its affecting all the players and staff alike so im just trying to you know help everyone see the good and try to eliminate some of that negativity.

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We already know what users want. The unfortunate thing is that repeating it doesn't make the progress faster. Changes need discuss, planning, testing, and a lot of debating (even as staff we don't always agree with each other), and more (example DB statistics/logs if the revamp is even as bad people claim to be, etc). The thing you need keep in mind that once something is changed its pretty difficult to revert it back without other issues to appear.

If the main topic of this thread was to deliver the revamp of gach is bad, than I honestly don't know why.. this wasn't posted in the Gach revamp feedback thread.. MapleF6

16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    9:05 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    dupers already put over 30b into the eco ^^

I'm up for a wipe. It would make this interesting to me again...

• Like Like x 10
  17. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Wipe + remove gacha/scrolls? Base stats all around Kappa

18. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    red we miss u and need u back bby

also lets make a 2nd world, im down bruhs <3 this time 60 base int NL

19. OP
    OP
    Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    FeelsBadMan

20. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:05 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Is this thread still active? I literally haven't seen a single Bot Dex 70 or Shield Watk 70 spewed out by gach since the Leap update. All the ones in the market that went away quickly were from before the first gach revamp.