1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

curious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pina, Dec 7, 2015.

1. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    12:18 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Some of you guys do not realize some of the problems at hand along with some providing poor solutions. Let's start with gach. Gach is perfectly fine IF they make scrolls farmable. AutoassembleAutoassemble has stated this countless amounts of times and was in favor of the revamp if this was to be implemented. This would create a perfect balance between the players who work hard for their stuff vs a player who just relies on nx for income. If this were to happen, scroll prices deflate so gachers don't benefit as much from scrolls as they already do, excluding white and chaos. There is no need for a revamp. The second thing is Horntail. For fcks sake, this thing has been advertised as working and yet it hasn't in who knows how long. This is embarrassing considering how the first practice run, which only had an reentrance problem, was extremely smooth and every run following went down the chute. We have more than enough dps for this, and this is holding us back from progressing forward. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if someone hit 200 before ht is fixed. Our final problem is content. End game is skeles city till 200, and until ht is fixed, will stay this way as classes with struggle grinding at TOT along with the exp being marginally lower than skeles. Then comes apq. I wouldn't be surprised if apples came after ht is killed as well. I understand there can be a lot of problems with coding apq now especially with same sex marriage as you need a female to do those gender stages and honestly, it's alright that Navi takes his time on this. We are fine in the dps category, no apples needed. Oh, but here we are, let's make a poll to add skins instead of fixing things.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    2:18 AM
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Good start...
    Wait wot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Gach atm does provide super income like it used to meaning people won't get that much money for doing nothing which is perfectly fine.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:18 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Adding gash items to mob drops is easy. It's also what the majority of players want, except for the mage haters. Protip: you don't need a map-wide attack that is slow and guzzles through MP to quickly kill monsters.

I think maybe the problem is all the staff shouldn't get a say in certain things? It's not to be derisive or snooty. I'm just trying to plainly speak truth here. But I don't think everyone is always impartial nor qualified to speak on game and economic design. Some people couldn't balance a square block on a flat surface. Or really hate down jump for some reason. Some people don't understand the concept of a meso sink or the need for it at all. People like that, while I'm sure they're nice and trustworthy, simply can't be given some kind of "veto" vote or whathaveyou and lock up any and all progress.

I see a private server as a manifestation of what the owner(s) want. Sure, it's good to get the opinions of the players and other staff and listen to them. But in the end, someone needs to make the final decisions here.

• Like Like x 5
  5. OP
    OP
    Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    1:18 AM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    LionheartLionheart I really like what you said at the end. Someone needs to make a final decision and you found the words that I was trying to suggest through my rant. I hate the constant limbo effect and us just circling around in arguments on what the server needs in order to be great. I wish someone would just take initiative and do something. Just try it! If it hurts the server than be it, but at least give something a chance. I believe that's the thing the developers are iffy about.

6. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Posted this like 3 months ago. I think a lot of the points carry over tho.
    Advertised as a .62 server, you should be happy with exclusively .62 content. the fact that there's extra shit and they're still planning on adding more is more than you should ever expect, so why the are you complaining? Cuz it's coming out slower than you want? Fucking Ludicrous.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    DoapDoap like you said in your video, whatever you say might be perceived differently by others and that's exactly how I feel towards your post. What I said in my first post was never complaining to the admins and I've said it so many times this isn't a flame post to anyone. I'm just curious as to where we stand as a server ultimately.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:18 AM
    Moderator Post
    This, especially the bolt part. Its clear to see by Navi's last activity on forums that he got insane busy, and that's true. It was already known as a fact that Navi got much more life responsibility once he moved and started focus on IRL business. We do this all for free, we do not take any of the donation money for personal use, so all the updates and progress that DID happen were all done for free, on our free time. Navi started develop for this server at around August 2014 and until around June of this year he almost did this everyday for 8 hours a day at least. Calculate the hours taken on Legends and you'll find out its about your gameplay times 3x.

Then there's also the fact Navi doesn't even play the game anymore. Navi does this all for you guys only, and he can only work on the server when he has time. He won't sacrifice his high position he has right now on his IRL work for this game.

Now my part. Yes, I watch streams at work. When I am at work I have 2 screens. One I am actually doing work and 1 I usually watch streams when one is available. At work I do not have access to other tools. I work from 8 AM to 5 PM everyday except Friday, where I work from 8 AM to 1 PM. I have real life work as well and I work for my money, and do this as a side "job" for free. Besides this, I used to Administrate a GunBound server for over 4 years, which was also 100% for free. The time I have used in dedication to give users a place to play is a lot. Of course myself I got a lot of new friends out of it, but at same time you guys did so as well. There's numerous of people that without Legends they were either in a tricky situation or didn't met people they now play with together all day and even play other games with.

Yes, I am also aware that once a server get bigger the expectations increase. Unfortunately, we cannot do more than just what we do right now, since we have real life work responsibilities (especially Navi) and our life is just more important than this game.

I am not a coder and all the server coding is done by Navi. If something is broken, I cannot help to fix it unless its .wz related. Yes, I make myself look very weak now with what I do, but that's pretty much because its true. Legends is so stable and so well coded thanks to Navi. There were never been a 0.62 server before that had every single skill from every job working. All pirate skills, etc.

Yes, we now reached end game and we have a bit of trouble with Horntail. End game is the last thing we wanted look at when Legends released because we never expected Legends to become as big as it did. Because it got big, people also lvl'd way faster. It took our schedule what to code a bit out of loop and we were rushed to code Zakum and right now still have trouble with a specific teleport packet related to Horntail.

TL;DR: MapleLegends is a free to play server and a free to play experience to replay the old version of MapleStory. Without MapleLegends, or any Private Server for that matter, you would now be forced to play Big Bang. We are sorry things do not happen right now at the speed you would like to see, but we are no developers that get paid, we are no company, we are just normal human beings of a very young age (I am 21), doing this for free, for you, the user. We are not big enough to make this a full time job of us. While this may sound great, this is not possible. We need to work, we need earn our money IRL just like you, and we do this for you for free.

One last thing about the complaints of Gachapon. I've mentioned this in an other post, but I cannot just apply things that I was thinking about to do. We do everything as a team and right now we don't agree with each other when it comes to the changes to Gachapon. This means that while I say x and y is a good idea, it doesn't mean everyone in staff thinks so. I could go and be "I do what I want", but this is not how I want or like to be. I got pointed out in past that I make my dicisions alone, but I want to further add in this post that I make all decisions within the team, not myself.

I probably forgot a few things.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just want make a second post for this quote. Once again, I am a .wz editor. Fixing things is on Navi's hands and adding content related to .wz edits is for me. The reason I made the poll is.. I want to improve the server with the things I can do. Adding skins take no effort on Navi's side since nothing has to be added server sided, besides it need be added how they are obtainable, which takes about 5 minutes at the max.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Again lionheart, we are talking about gach items that are needed to strengthen weapons. We don't need it to be easy, just for it to be available to farm. As you see, there are players struggling at upper level that want to advance but can't due to some stupid luck system instead of their time put in.You keep circlejerking the mage ultimate being overpowered, no one gives two shits, get on with it. It's evident you don't need those skills to farm as I've made 70m in a day on my dk. But when the scrolls come from a completely random chance, it is an unhealthy system for progression.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    This is the real problem though. We understand that many fixes take time and there is a lack of developers working to fix coding issues. But when the discussions are not public, we as a community don't know what the hold up is. The conversations you have as staff could be as simple as "should we do something about mob drops" with one dissenting opinion ending all discussion; to elaborate data driven arguments where your looking at specific items and their availability, and the issues team members have are with the exact methods to balancing, not the fact that a balance is needed. It would help a lot if we knew what the staff objecting to mobs dropping scrolls' argument consists of, it seems obvious that the player base wants something done, so why cant we know whats holding it up? There are many creative people here who may be able to propose something which the staff with their limited time can.

12. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Truer words have never been saidOnionYes

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think your reading skills have critically failed. Try again?

How did I ever come off as being against the suggestion to add the items to monster drops? FoxF6

• Like Like x 2
  14. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    If there is a good balance between boss' drops and farmable mob drops, and limiting the relevent drops for each mob, there should be no class imbalance.

Very well said. "A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours." seems like an apt quote. The dev's can discuss forever, but it will only matter to the players if something comes of it.

I'm not 100% sure you've read the discussion your replying to, I don't see anyone advocating for additional content, but rather a re-balancing of the content we have. Drop and gacha tables are SQL sheets that are fairly easy to edit. It's just about how we go about redistributing the items, there is no additional content which takes up developers time. You should also avoid the "omg guys stop complaining" argument, it adds nothing to the discussion. I don't see anyone complaining anyway, and after watching that meandering argument in the video, fail to see its relevance.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  15. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    From OP:

• Like Like x 2
  16. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Ah my bad, misread that as you claiming that it would make the game too easy.

17. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Mb. Skipped over that because we're in still in the thanksgiving event. I'm sure we will hear something about it when its imminent.

18. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    6:18 AM
    Hey, I'm very curious on what the donation money is used at then? I wouldn't be upset if it was used for personal use, because that'd mean the administrators would be satisfied to keep improving/working on the server. (yes I know that you guys have a real life too, just wanna know what the donation money is used at, because I thought it was to improve the server and all that).

19. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Hosting a server maybe? That shit costs money bruv.

20. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    6:18 AM
    What if no one donated, would the server close down?