1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bigfoot all over the place

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Clown, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    5:23 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Hello people,

Before I have killed a lot off bigfoot s without issues, but since the "event" they lagg all over the place for me.
    Its getting really quite annoying having to buy at least 2 safety charms per kill. Bigfoots are like one of the best/easiest way to lvl up arround my level. Can anyone please help me and explain to me how I can fix this?

More info:
    - When I kill alone its fine, but when I duo with a bowmaster it gets all messed up.
    - Yes before when it worked fine I also duo-ed with a bowmaster
    - No nothing changed in my set-up. I am still using the same computer and have the same internet speed (maybe better)
    - Yes you would be in my top 5 friends if you can give me a solution to this problem

Video of the lagging bigfoot:
    https://sendvid.com/0ntplpkj **

** It happends all over the video but if you don't want to watch the whole video, 2:45 is a good example
    ** 3:50 is a close call too

2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:23 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    1. You can fj over bf instead of use dark sight to take it to the corner, you know that right?
    2. It's true that the aggro got fked up badly, it does harry potter shit all the time. I know a certain person is salty about it *cough FrancoFranco *cough

• Like Like x 2
  3. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    What Sucre said, it has always done this. I remember when BFing on my BM that if the BF didn't feel like getting pinned I could die 3~4 times without being able to do anything about it.

4. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Flash jump is too risky, for me this works fine too...

Nice profile pic btw :p

5. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    For me this only happend recently, I did multiple big foots with Kenneth before and none of them even lagged a bit. Maybe a long time ago it was messed up, then it got fixed somehow, and now its broken again?

6. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    11:23 AM
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
  7. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Im not sure if I need to be happy or sad, but I think I can say now that the problem is not on my part...
    Guess I just have to wait for a gm's response?

After that the thread can be closed I guess (Since the solution I was looking for can't be found on my side).

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:23 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This seems to have always been a problem on private servers. Two different players on the same map cause mob positioning to go haywire as each client thinks the monsters should be somewhere else. When both players attack the monsters and they switch targets, "control" is transferred from one client to the other. If that other client thinks the mob is supposed to be in a different location, it "teleports" over to that spot.

Perhaps these issues could be resolved if the "control" wasn't changed, but mobs could still actively pursue a different character other than their controller? It's also a major issue for status debuffs, which instantly get dispelled when they shouldn't. I've posted a bug about that months ago. It still hasn't been fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Yes this has always been an issue, howerver since the patch where Thanksgiving Events were implemented the aggro has been worse than usual. As an example I've killed BFs with RyanRyan and AutoassembleAutoassemble on my NL and while the BF would sometimes ignore aggro and teleport or move forward, it wouldn't do so every 15 seconds like it seems to do now.
    The ammount of times BF aggro gets fucked up randomly has gone up quite considerable and it makes Bfing as duo with melee and range much harder than it should be. It also affects range duos tho not nearly as much.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    4:23 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    This is just how mob aggro works. Mob "ownership" is swapped between active attackers since it is controlled by the client. The more lag either attacker has the bigger and more common the teleports will be. There is no realistic way to fix this without creating new issues, not to mention it would be very difficult since tge game was made this way.

11. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Bump. It's not only BF that is not working as it should but all other bosses I've tried to duo as well. Anego, Crow and Pap have started teleporting since the November Thanksgiving event was implemented. You can say that BF aggro was always bad, but now it's worse and other bosses seem to act as BF did before.
    Something cleary changed and it's much harder to boss now because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I agree pap is doing very weird things, though I personally didnt have a problem with the 1 time I duo'ed anego. Maybe that was just luck though.

13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Same thing happens at Alishar

14. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I really hope the staff has any idea what caused this increased tp lag.

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Doing OPQ, I noticed Papa Pixie was sliding all around too. This also hadn't happened before.......

16. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    After this update I also seems to have issues with anego, never had that beforeOnionF4.
    Not that hard to avoid being killed but still kinda annoyingOnionF4,

17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It happens with every mob not just the bosses. Exactly what autoassemble said. I hope it can be fixed :).

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just to wonder, did papa pixie slide too before yesterday's update or it got worse now after Christmas Patch? Reason I am asking is because code was modified to hopefully fight the bug OP talk about, but wondering now if it got worse.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm not sure about after the christmas patch. Leveled to 71 right before the maintenance, so I can't check now.

20. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I honestly appreciate you looking in to this. I personally think it got worse. Not sure about this specific mob but as said above anego seems to be a bit worse then before.