1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Element

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by KOSEM, Dec 11, 2015.

1. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    2:51 PM
    When I'll be a good i/l mage, there is definitely that concern over the element weaknesses of mobs to ice/lightning.

I wonder if I will always have to train at element weak mobs, because otherwise my damage would be too low. I understand there is a 1.5x boost at ice weak mobs if I were to use ICe Strike for example.

Its the same question to as if I were a 4th job i/l now, would I train at Skeles, which are not weak to ice but are higher lvl, or Red Wyverns, which are weak to ice but are lower lvl?

It sure is hard to figure out...

2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    It depends on whether you can 1/2/3 shot certain mobs.

If you can 2 shot skele and 2 shot wyvren go skele,
    If you can 3 shot skele, but 2 shot wyvren I would advice to go there.
    etc

3. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, because of the elemental amplifier skill at the 3rd job, you will get a good damage boost when you train at normal (not ice weak) monsters. If you use an elemental wand which increases your ice/lightning magic attack, you will get another good damage boost.
    Most archmages grind at skeles too, and it`s possible to 2hko skellies at lv. 130 already. If you want to grind at ice weak monsters too, then wyverns or the last maps in ToT (with the coming refix) may be good to train at too.

4. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Oh, correct...that makes sense actually!

What about 3rd job levels 80 - 120 or so? Does ice mages train only at ice weak mobs at these levels? Or where?

5. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    At lvl 80-108 most ice mages grind at vikings in Ludibrium dungeon. These monsters are ice weak.
    For lvl 108-120 I dont really know, many i/l mages get a skele leech. I dont know where non-leeching i/l mages train at these levels.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I trained at skeles from 108-120, both with and without a training partner

7. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Vikings in ludi aren't actually weak to ice, but lightning :p Though I understand why it'd seem that way since they're red.

Link

8. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    8:51 AM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    tbh, i would say that the levels 92-120 were the hardest for me when I first started playing just because Legends was still in its early beginnings after beta. I would get to 52, which was high enough for me at gs2. I stayed at gs2 from 52-83. You can stay there longer if you want to, but if you start getting bored of grinding there Fire Banes were a good option for me too. There was a decent safe spot on top of the tank in the map which you could lure all the bains to. You would just freeze them and kill em. After hitting 92, thats when the grind became real w/o leech. I would just switch off and on from Vikings and Skeles. If you have the funds to leech I would suggest getting leeched from 108-120. It will be worth the money. After 120, just focus on skeles and hitting that 130 mark for your next upgrade for wand. Get the wand that makes your ice dmg more and you're pretty much straight. I'm just waiting for ToT to get changed so I can train there. Once you get to the level of ToT then just go straight to the end and kill Chief Oblivion Guardians. They will be weak to ice next wz update and for me at level 154, im hitting about 70-80k which is perfect for 2 shotting them. They give 14k exp with the current rates. I/L life got a little better now. KimberlyKimberly Thanks :)

9. Rawfodog

Rawfodog Chronos

Mar 18, 2015
    Norway
    Rawfodog / ItzMjauzzz / Foxy / Foxsky / TheBaker / ReaI
    I/L Wizard
    Project
    at 108 - 120 I soloed at Himes. Might not be optimal doe

~Pot cost might be higher than leech~

10. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff