1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Islander

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andyman99999, Jan 19, 2016.

What would make you Invest time in an Islander?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2016.
  1. I'm satisfied the way it is.

39.6%
  2. Cosmetics, Face/Hair Changes

37.5%
  3. Bosses (Low Rate Scroll drops. 1/2 Hour Boss Spawns)

39.6%
  4. Beginner PQs

20.8%
  5. Armors From Bosses (No Requirements, All Class Equips that Look like Job Clothes) Maybe Add Stats

14.6%
  6. New Maps

16.7%
  7. Higher Level Enemies

22.9%
  8. Events

33.3%
  9. Free Market

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    11:47 PM
    NSFW
    stop posting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    8:47 AM
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Please don't make this thread into something it isn't, guys.

On-topic:
    I personally think the Mushmom idea sounds great.
    I've never been an Islander because it sounds like the most boring thing ever, but I might actually make one if someone manages to make it interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    Poll made by an offislander getting votes from other offislanders...

As an actual Islander I wouldnt want a boss to fight. Im an Islander, not some filthy offislander.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Bosses and pq's would be nice, though I would never be able to play a islander past lvl 20 I think...

5. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    1:47 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Are islanders really complaining about lack of content? What the hell do expect when you make an islander, Horntail? If you are making an islanders for content, you're definitely here for the wrong reason. Islanders are usually there for the community and for something different, different from the off lander world. We are also trying to keep a nostalgia factor in here. People are going to look a customized character and say, "what the fuck is this character doing here, this server is custom as fuck. How are they going to claim the most nostalgic experience when they've got nx hoes on the island". Theyre also going to be confused with mushmom. Basically any custom content just defeats a claim of the server and purpose of an islander.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Whilst technically being supportive of the Mushmom idea I can't help but to see this guy's point. It would sort of conflict with the main concept of MapleLegends to implement many of these ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  7. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    No, it's people who don't even have islanders that complains how boring it is without horntails and zakums and that they want those two bosses before they make one.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:47 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    If we are honest, it's boring for those who don't main islander. I have a level 27 islander and I got tired of it. I didn't ask for a change though because I knew that if I wanted more content I needed to play a regular character or find a server thats customized for islanders, not change this server's purity on how islanders are.
    However, I still believe omok games and match cards would be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    9:47 AM
    This thread makes no sence to me,I can only see people who got nothing to do with Islanders commenting here.
    I got a islander myself and I like the things just the way they are,simple.We do not need custom shit.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    You make it sound like Islanders are a different breed of humans. lol
    Seriously, if you have a character that doesn't leave the island, you're an Islander. That's all.
    Excluding the banter from the first page I see at least 3-4 people I know have Islander characters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:47 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Just thought I would share this meme with you guys. :)

[​IMG]
    lol, this is exactly what I was saying, yet I get told by the forum's biggest shit poster to stop posting. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    4:47 PM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    This ^

And this ^

Also, definitely this ^

• Like Like x 4
  13. TRM

TRM Mushmom

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    2:47 AM
    SlimShady
    Bowmaster
    Lame
    Leave Maple Island the way it is. No bosses, higher level equips, bonus maps, etc. Defeats the point of making an islander, to challenge yourself by training and leveling whats on maple island.

Also, allowing beginners to have access to the FM would make islanders broken since they would have access to mesos and equips outside of maple island. Idk about you guys but I wouldn't want to see an islander with attack work gloves, frozen tuna, and a scrolled bathrobe walking around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    The reason I didn't want to make it multiple votes
    Offlanders are illegit since you can do something called LEECH. I don't consider this Legitimate. In case you didn't read the other posts, real Islanders voted on the poll... The point of the poll was to have people who don't have an Islander vote so we could determine WHAT IS PREVENTING PEOPLE (THE MAIN CAUSE) FROM THE PEOPLE MAKING ISLANDERS. This is the point of the post, it defeats the purpose if you have Islanders vote. This is a solution to the BRAINSTROMING IDEADS THREAD TO MAKE THE ISLAND MORE ACTIVE.

15. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    How does it not make any sense******? You can't be that stupid to read that I've typed (for at least three times), the point of the Poll is to determine what the Islands biggest weakness for not bringing more Islanders to Maple Island. Seriously how dumb can you be to miss that?

16. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Why do you always fall back on personal insults. Learn how to properly have a discussion.

• Like Like x 9
  17. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Travis. I can't believe you would say that having a Boss would defeat the purpose of an Islander. It adds depth to the game. It literally adds another challenge, something else to work towards. Offlanders can do pqs, get leeched by Bishops at later levels. <--- This ruins offlanders. Adding more stuff to Maple Island does not take any sort of challenge away (it adds it, as I'm saying again). It gives you a reason to level (Bosses could have loads of HP where the point of soloing is dumb because the xp you get from them isn't that great. What you're basically saying is, let's all play Maple v01 and not add any new content to it.

The point of having the fm is an option, is the fact I would like to see how many people think that's why they don't have an Islander. The point of the Poll is to determine what the Islands biggest weakness for not bringing more Islanders to Maple Island.

18. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Please refrain from personal insults.

And for the record, this is Victoria Island:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I'm not insulted, I get tired of dealing with ignorant people (I literally tell people what I think and they just completely skip over it for some reason). I deal with it at work every single day. Dylan... The point of the Poll is to determine what the Islands biggest weakness for not bringing more Islanders to Maple Island.

I have people literally telling me that my post makes no sense... You aren't suppose to vote if you already have an Islander. I explained that loads of times already. Oh yeah, the point of the Poll is to determine what the Islands biggest weakness for not bringing more Islanders to Maple Island.

20. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    God damn it, I meant Maple Island... I kept calling it Victoria Island because of the fact you normally are at Maple Island for about an hour and then you go to Victoria Island... I'm so used to talking about Vic, I completely mistook the name of Maple Island as Victoria Island... Might as well claim your reward since no one else noticed my error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.