1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Islander

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andyman99999, Jan 19, 2016.

What would make you Invest time in an Islander?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2016.
  1. I'm satisfied the way it is.

39.6%
  2. Cosmetics, Face/Hair Changes

37.5%
  3. Bosses (Low Rate Scroll drops. 1/2 Hour Boss Spawns)

39.6%
  4. Beginner PQs

20.8%
  5. Armors From Bosses (No Requirements, All Class Equips that Look like Job Clothes) Maybe Add Stats

14.6%
  6. New Maps

16.7%
  7. Higher Level Enemies

22.9%
  8. Events

33.3%
  9. Free Market

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiran

Kiran Slime

Sep 6, 2015
    11:12 AM
    hmm,Well my thought as an islander is How you survived in this island without explore out the maple island?(eg: perion,ludi and so on/ change job/higher weapon )

On topic(suggestion*via the weakness point)
    1)Addition points like cosmetic(maybe like doing a vote system for adding which cosmetic before adding the npc)
    -dont count it based on tickets to change cosmetic ,just deduct it (eg regular :2k nx? vip :4k nx?)
    -it will be hard...wish the best :)

2)omok match is fine (It add fun ,you know?)
    -difficult to add but if really implemented it will be fun :)

3)Created a small npc for islander to join event (eg: Gm event is fine)
    #I suppose islander couldn't kill any snowman ;̶-̶;̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶n̶o̶w̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶a̶g̶i̶c̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶l̶v̶ ̶1̶+̶)̶

But seriously... please don't add any bosses .(It won't really help too much,tbh)
    VOP : If LF> bosses ,please become a beginner rather than a islander......

Strength
    For me ,i invest my time to create an islander(just 2 days ago) because this server is nagostic enough for killing mobs due to the exp .I don't think another server actually provided 1 exp(or 2 exp) for islander.For me ,it's feel like an accomplishment if i really can get my islander to lv 50 or so on ?
    (sorry just a lv 10 islander...can't said much ,still a long way to go..)

* Added for more clarity ... zzz,someone please look at the beauty of island? Being in islander doesn't means that you are alone or you are a noob :( you still can same as others having fun together.... *

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    11:12 PM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    So what you're saying is people wouldn't make Islanders for bosses? You're stating you don't want to play with other people or have a reason other then to level. Beginners are going to get ksed at any other boss off of Maple Island. Given the long maps to get to the bosses... it will take awhile to get to them since they're spread across the map (I explained this before).

The point of the Poll is to determine what the Islands biggest weakness for not bringing more Islanders to Maple Island.

3. Kiran

Kiran Slime

Sep 6, 2015
    11:12 AM
    Answer:
    So what you're saying is people wouldn't make Islanders for bosses?
    -Others, i am not sure . (I 'm not an experienced gamer anyway .) Islander have their points neither am i .For me ,i vote no.THX and i had clarified for my view of point.

and you're stating you don't want to play with other people or have a reason other than to level
    -(i don't want an argument ,but i never said this...)

why i mention beginner (about boss) is because
    -Victoria city provide better opportunities compared to maple island....In vic ,you can get a better weapon compare to island.
    A beginner can kill boss like mano (the legendary snail XD) in little harbor.If added like small boss in maple island,a person will be rather walk off island and become a beginner rather than being an islander.
    So,what's the point stay in an island???
    (For me it special that maple island itself did not have any bosses ,because if maple island itself having bosses,it will be the same as victoria???)

*pls noted that i stated VOP(view of point )in my post earlier and sorry that i didn't actually read all the post.

Determine what the Islands biggest weakness for not bringing more Islanders to Maple Island.
    QUEST & cosmetic ?
    -Quest is limited
    -cosmetic like hair (3 types of hairstyle/face that available in beginning of the choices )

^As upper stated ,it's the only things that i could think so far.^

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:12 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The island's biggest weakness is that it's a starter area. It is an area that is meant for new players to get acclimated to the game. New players practice using its basic features, they level up a bit, they do quests and get items to help them get started... and then, conveniently, when they reach the level needed to change jobs, they are given quests to leave. Many of the NPCs reiterate that there is one "very important" piece of information: how to get off maple island.

So yes, of course, the real problem is that there was never really any content on Maple Island. But there was never meant to be. I just don't get why you people don't understand this. You can add a bunch of custom crap to maple island, but it won't really help. I don't think anyone is going to stay nearly as long enough to build up that "islander community" you so desperately want, and it seems like you are actually going to drive the actual islanders away with your suggestions. Worse yet, you could confuse a person who is completely new to Maplestory into staying on maple island, and they might just think this is a stupid game and quit and never try it again.

Also Andy, I think it's funny how you get to judge that beginners who leave maple island aren't legit, yet you say we're hypocrites and contradicting ourselves when we think maple island should be left alone as it was meant to be.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    5:12 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    No, you are insulting people.
    These are insults.

• Like Like x 6
  6. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    These are questions and statements.
    Statement: You can't be that stupid.
    ^ I need to find the explanation on this since you didn't copy the entire post...
    Question: How dumb can you be?
    ^ I would also like to explain what I meant by this.
    You didn't even quote the entire thing that I said. Changing the lines a little bit can make a lot of difference in how they were perceived. If you guys want to take it as an insult, go ahead, I just fail how to understand why people are commenting on things that I type that they CLEARY don't understand.

Perceive: #1: become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand
    #2: interpret or look on (someone or something) in a particular way; regard as.

7. OP
    OP
    Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Can you prove that the beginners aren't leeching by other classes to get to their level by solo grinding or grinding with other beginners? <--- This is what I consider a legitimate beginner. This is literally the same thing as when you say adding content to Maple Island makes the Islander not legit anymore. In otherwords, I'm just proving how stupid it sounds when someone says:
    Adding content to maple Island makes the Islander not legit anymore.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:12 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its time to close this thread because this thread contains nothing useful for us to improve on, it contains non-stop arguments between people, not to mention insults.

• Like Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.