1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks for the memories

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by nanop33, Jan 20, 2016.

1. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:07 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Heh, guess I'm one of the last ones to get to this. I started playing end of June after an unfortunate misclick led to a very fortunate mistake. Despite not having joined the larger server in Royals, the smaller population and family-like atmosphere in Legends fit me very well. Not to mention Legends is very well coded and stable so a very well deserved props to NaviNavi for that. After a brief break in August to focus on prepping for MCAT (which I ended up doing well on :D) I returned and have been playing until now.

What follows is a long list of shoutouts, grouped by the guilds I've been in reverse chronological order. Hope I don't miss anyone!

Project
    LosjLosj: #1 (briefly beaten by bearman Kappa) Warrior, always fun to talk to. Thanks for some of the pointers you gave me on Shad mechanics.
    AutoassembleAutoassemble: Very nice and calm guy, level headed and always have your shit together. Good leader.
    rewyuiorewyuio: Person I've known for the longest on the server dating back to when we were both in High. Good training partner and knew a lot of stuff about the inner mechanics of Maple and taught me a lot. Please stop crying in Skype it's making all of us feel feels :(.
    ZeretiusZeretius: Didn't know you were actually bald until recently LOL. Chill to talk to and always aiming to be the best, you helped create a very encouraging environment in our alliance with this mentality.
    FrancoFranco: #1 server and #1 attacker. Was actually kind of intimidating for me to approach at first because of your status on the server but ended up finding out you were a very nice guy. The event with your gear was unfortunate but glad to see you've recovered, now go get that 200 and keep Project on top of Legends forever!
    ShavedShaved: pls stop drinking drunk celo worst celo OnionCryRun.
    MMopQrsMMopQrs: Bishop loving guy always forced to play NL on boss runs OnionMuha. Chin up buddy, it'll be okay.
    NerdRageNerdRage: A luk mage that's actually useful? wtf. Thanks for all the skeles training we did together, take care and don't drink too much haha.
    UnluckyKidUnluckyKid: Probably the person I trained with most at skeles. Thanks for all the time together and letting me borrow gear from time to time.
    iSandyS2iSandyS2: First person that was a lower level when I met them that ended up passing me FeelsBadMan. Fun to talk to, hope things go well from here on :).
    LuckyCharmsLuckyCharms: Fellow Albertan and UBC student, went together from Divine to Project. Haven't seen you too much lately, maybe we'll bump into each other on campus some time.
    RyanRyan: Actually haven't talked to you much, but pretty chill when we did talk.
    NekoNeko: Thanks for keeping me alive in one of the HT runs.
    PinaPina: It was nice talking to you and training with you for a bit, we had a pretty interesting convo though atm I can't remember what we talked about that day LOL.
    JenteJente: pls stop hitting on everything that moves ._. , hope those exams went well!
    RawfodogRawfodog: Glad to see you turned your life a bit since the first time we've talked, staying in school is always good :).
    JasJas: She snaps nudes while drunk, guys go get her.
    Trung-CanTrung-Can: All I remember is you getting rekt by BF over and over OnionXD.
    And of course, all Lunar and Impulse members in the alliance, it was really fun talking and playing this game with all of you.

Divine
    FearMeNowFearMeNow: Tim! Always a friendly guy, haven't really seen you that much though due to timezones, hope things go well for you in the future!
    MoofinMoofin: y u dupe mang, y u do dis FoxF4.
    RedwineRedwine: #1 FM spot stealer, richest guy on Legends and always very knowledgeable about the economic situation of Legends at all times. Never could beat my typing speed though OnionRay. Thanks for the shoes, I've passed those forward hoping they see more use in the future.
    versachieversachie: BF hunting was...interesting MapleF3.
    yoloswag3283yoloswag3283: Fellow IB kid, hope school's going well.
    YamatoYamato: Friendliest nigguh with a rooster, sorry for screwing up at Pap when you tried to help me with the smoke quest OnionConfused.
    NikkiNikki: We may have disagreed on some stuff towards the end but I'll always remember you as a really friendly person, hope things are going well at your job.
    WizzyWizzy: Literally chillest voice I've ever heard in my life. Don't see you much anymore though, but we had some fun times in Divine.
    Honourable mentions to BAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOYSSSSS

High
    TanniTanni: TAEEEEE pls come back to us :c
    MeepyMeepy: Thanks for leeching me to 4th xD, let's Skype more since you like my voice so much
    FrucFruc: We've probably bumped into each other in the city at some point over the past few years, but since neither of us knows what the other looks like this is kind of a moot point OnionWhatever.
    InvincibleInvincible: Thanks for inviting me to High after Immortals died!
    BongRips (can't find forum name): Mattttt rip boss runs cuz of Mac, hope you've stopped typing with only one word per line :p
    JayChouJayChou: Thanks for that 3am GS2 grind getting me to 70, really wanted to get to 3rd before I took that break for MCAT ahaha.
    EmpireDKEmpireDK: Thanks for driving up the price of the raccoon mask, gouged Franco that day hehehe.
    BulbaBulba: HOLY CRAP I FORGOT YOU LOL but I mean if you picked a better started it woulda helped me remember better xd.
    BBDerBBDer: #1 King Sage Kitty camper
    Lots of love to the rest of the old school High and Majestic members as well!

Others I've interacted with a lot
    BaboBabo: Probably the nicest person I've met on this server, unique looking character with the hair that I can never get OnionCry.
    JoyJoy: #1 Shad (goddammit) that I could never catch up to. Now with our powers combined, stay ahead the rest of dem nibs :p.
    kittygkittyg: fk u dogie, stop calling me retroviridick. See you around maybe, Burnaby so far to commute to tho :x.
    SiriSiri: u basic hoe if we hang irl and I hear "starwards" irl I'll fk u up m8.
    KelseyKelsey: where dem nudes at hoe.
    kirbzkirbz: Always nice and friendly, though puberty hit you pretty hard omg pls stop pubertying all over my buddy chat.
    hoohshoohs: Momo! One of the first people I've met, good times in LPQ.
    ElfuElfu/PwndPwndPwndPwnd: Another couple of people I met in LPQ, though neither of them are around anymore.
    Lyn00Lyn00: stop spearing my ass pls, don't spear your students' asses either when you become a teacher.
    JannyJanny: Okay I lied, sorry Tommy, Janny is the nicest guy on the server.
    TaeoTaeo: One of the many friendly SEA people I've met on this server, good luck in the future, Darren!
    yukkichanyukkichan: You know we've actually not talked to each other that much ._., sorry I forgot about you kek.
    PureasianPureasian: Thought you were cool, then I saw your Skype pic Onionthehehe.
    ApplePieApplePie: Thanks for trying to contact Kitty that one day I was desperately trying to reach her. That dress still makes you look fat though.
    LeslieLeslie: Had an interesting convo about med with you, good luck to your application! We'll both make it at some point.
    RichardRichard: First person I talked to in Legends on Skype along with Justin. Never streamed much though. Be more careful with gym equipment in the future!
    xRotixRoti: Spooky person, survived training at skeles with meOnionSweat. Jokes aside, another very nice guy I've met on this server.
    OliveOlive: NeverLucky
    SwordArtSwordArt: OP Bear man, knocked Losj off of top for a while. Nice lad who can appreciate a good booty.
    DulceDulce: Go train Sunny! Stop AFK in FM, you don't even merch anymore :c.
    stormyarisestormyarise: First Shad I've ever met on the server, gave me some tips on playing the economy, and then disappeared :(.
    DarkNinjaDarkNinja: Birthday bro, another Shad, another duperOnionSmart (jkjk). Was nice talking to you about scrolling stuff.
    sunshinesunshine: Thanks for training with me at skeles a lot!
    HeartfiliaHeartfilia: TRISHAAAA MARRY ME MapleF15MapleF15MapleF15.

Okay holy crap this ended up being a long list. Just goes to show how wonderful this community is. If I missed you I'm really sorry! Please feel free to PM me your contact info (Skype/WhatsApp/FB/etc.), I'll stick around the forums for the next few days to collect these before moving on.

As for why I'm quitting, there has been multiple threads on the incident already so I won't go into too much detail about it. I've also ranted a lot in private already and spewed out a bunch of salt. My friends were hurt and it's sad that this has happened to them when they've only ever had the best intentions for the server.

This has been a very depressing day for me personally so I want to end this on a positive note. I've loved every second I've spent on this server over the past 6 months and was able to accomplish things I was never able to when I was a kid. Thank you everyone for everything.

Sincerely,

Michael (Retroviridae)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 31
  2. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    10:07 PM
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    Michael what can I say, because of you I could not quit. Thanks for the competition, and for the friendship. Take care of yourself, and I will keep this spot warm for the both of us.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:07 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Thanks for the shout out man. We never talked too much but hearing you spam shout "black wyverns" during HT runs was one of the funniest things ever :p
    It's sad to see it end this way :( but I wish you the best and I'll pm you my Skype so you can add me and we can talk ;)
    At least you can look back on your time here fondly :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trung-Can

Trung-Can King Slime

Aug 14, 2015
    Male
    4:07 AM
    maplekiller
    I/L Mage
    Project
    See you man! you will be missed!
    How can u only remember me for dying to bf hahaha! I did so many zak with u in divine man! and we did tot bro! <3
    #Retro will never be forgotten!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Siri

Siri Slime

Nov 5, 2015
    7:07 PM
    Siri
    Ranger
    Basic
    why are mine and kaat's shouts outs so savage LOL

• Like Like x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:07 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    cuz I can actually meet up with you guys irl

7. JayChou

JayChou King Slime

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    JayChou/BlackAF1s
    Night Lord
    Noir
    I'll miss seeing you around man.., good luck with everything ! MapleF2

• Like Like x 1
  8. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Bye man.
    Sad to see you go.

9. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    One of the last of the Divine time leaving this server (beside me).
    WHY DO ALL GUILDS I JOIN HAVE TO BE DESTROYED ONE WAY OR THE OTHER
    OnionMercyOnionF4OnionF4OnionMercy

I am going to miss you friend.
    #ForEverJustTooLateForZak

10. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I never personally met you but I definitely respected you and your dedication. It's sad to see you go, good luck with whatever you plan on doing. I'll always remember your salt when you saw my range PJSalt

• Like Like x 1
  11. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    7:07 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    when retroviridick didn't give me a shout out FeelsBadMan

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kelsey

Kelsey Slime

Dec 31, 2015
    Female
    kelsey
    Bishop
    Basic
    bye mikey.
    i'll miss your r00d af hates and jokes on drunk me
    you better skype me sometime
    p.s. i'm waiting for your nudes

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    Don't go. SlimeCry

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jas

Jas Horny Mushroom

Jun 16, 2015
    Female
    The6ix
    Hawt
    Buccaneer
    Descendants*
    MY SHOUTOUT IS THE WORST EVER. You're just salty you didn't get them <3

But dude it was nice being in a guild with you. And maybe see you around in another gaming community!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heartfilia

Heartfilia Slime

Nov 28, 2015
    Female
    10:07 AM
    Wwwwwwow aids
    Now who am I gonna insult everyday ?? Who am I gonna rekt in cards ? OnionCry
    And its cia not sha ffs . And ,I wont say I'll miss you cause you'll be the one missing me OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Noooo retro T_T, still haven't taught me the way of a shadower :(

17. xRoti

xRoti Slime

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    iHeaI
    Bishop
    Basic
    I ain't spooky just because I survived! OnionF4

Anyw, it's sad to see you go. I remember the last time we interacted on forums was when Lyn was quitting and now it's your turn.. Onion...

Thanks for the shoutout and all the best in life. It was fun while it lasted.

• Like Like x 1
  18. iSandyS2

iSandyS2 Chronos

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    Queensland, Australia
    12:07 PM
    iSandyS2
    Hero
    Forsaken
    <3 ild love to see u back one day Michael!~ Ull always be on my BL when u return and hope u will join us again - Good luck and ill miss u

• Like Like x 1
  19. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    9:07 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    I'm not crying, just clouds managed to get into my house. You're original announcement to quit got me misty eyed. I'd write you the goodbye message right now, but I'll do it in my quitting post, and I have to get to class atm and have no reception. Anyways, let's tldr while i have time, you were a great friend and probably one of the closest i had on the server. We shared amazing memories and I'm not sure what else to say as I'm out of time. Sorry for my message being hella cliche.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    good luck with med school, rip