1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed MapleLegends 1st Anniversary Events

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kimmy, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:02 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Why are you complaining about free stuff?

• Like Like x 3
  2. gxarche17

gxarche17 Slime

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    12:02 PM
    Shulk
    Paladin
    The Annivesary Event should be a Important Thing, People should get some Good Rewards, event if not put some other items in, BUT not a BUFF.

ps, and its Not *Free* people put Time and Hope in it

3. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    6:02 AM
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    To be fair, considering the event mobs don't give EXP or meso, players do have to sacrifice time for low RNG drops. There's room to complain.

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:02 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Because the boss takes long

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    What's the "token system"? You can get tokens from events and exchange those for items from any event?

Part of the reward is getting that rare one time only event item that others missed out on.

As long as it's not better than the regular obtainable equips it's fine.

6. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    The token system they were refering to is a system where you get coins in various ways (the most common being a random chance of getting one from boxes that drop from mobs, you may get a token or you may get random other things). There's a shop NPC somewhere where you can get various things in exchange for the coins. Each event has a different coin so you each event is a drag start.

7. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    I think we're talking about the opposite events.

Yeah, that. Originally done with Maple Leaves as a currency, but that really clogged inventories etc. Each event gets its own token. The main advantage it had was that you could work on specific goals and not be strictly limited to "being in the right place at the right time" or just really shitty RNG. Just gotta hunt what you gotta hunt, play an activity, etc to get event currency, then spend it on what you want. Its far less frustrating than hunting candles/cakes and getting 1 *maybe* 2 candle drops per hour. I have yet to see a present either, which may or may not contain a Maple Bandana.

8. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    And of course while I was replying the boss spawned and I got nothing, for not being in the right place at the right time, even though I donated cake.
    Proof.

9. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    While I do like the current event system in GMS, let's be honest here you're here to experience a nostalgic server. This is similar to how GMS did there events, more similar than how current GMS does them.

I personally like the events.

10. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    We could go into semantics on this topic as to why I play this server, but I'd rather not.
    Suffice to say, there's plenty here I love but the old event structure was not one of those things.

11. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    I personally like these kind of events where everyone needs to collect items and defeat something. I also believe these kind of events are well received? But yes, there's still plenty of room for improvement. Based on the feedback I read I'll be recoding most of the event design to form a solid framework (rather than some scripts bodged together) for this and future events.

I'll be improving the ranking system to keep track of each spawn, sort them nicely and make all of the available through one of the event NPCs (most likely I will use the Maple Administrator to give details on upcoming, current and past events). The total ranking will always remain accessible through that NPC even when the event has ended already.

There will also be improvements to how you are rewarded for your part in the event. Instead of rewarding items (which require space in your inventory) I'll keep track of a point-based system per event. As well as improve the current exchange framework so that it takes these points to be traded in. The Maple Administrator will also include those statistics of players that did the most exchanges during the event.

If you have more suggestions, I'm all pointy ears.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    I loved the whole "collect stuff collectively" events back when I had hours to kill and no responsibilities. They just don't interest me as an adult anymore, because personal free time is in short supply and puts me at odd hours. Love to hear that there will be improvements on future events. One suggestion, is there a way to add a short 1-5 minute delay on boss spawn for these collection type events? The % of total warnings are nice but can be rendered completely pointless if an individual or small group drops a ton of collection items in one fell swoop. Such was the case on my post above.

Thanks for all your hard work, Gi.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:02 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah... I've farmed easy stuff just for cake pieces for hours and got a sizable amount. But then it turns into a waiting game which I simply have no time or interest for... AFK 10 minutes when the cake is 50% done, and I come back to find my char dead and the cake already spawned and defeated!

The system does need to be tweaked, something like a 1-2 minute timer between getting all pieces and spawning the boss at least, because the way this normally works is no one else wants to waste donating their pieces of cake when they don't think they can be around for it to spawn, so only when it's closer to being finished does everyone rush to spawn it. And with that, it's not so much a "teamwork" event but more like people being opportunistic and only looking out for themselves.

When people do use "teamwork", it's usually just a small group looking to spawn the cake quickly after it's close to completion, and that just leaves out the whole server.

Edit: I now realize having a maple admin NPC in every town is absolutely essential. There simply isn't any time to get from NLC to kerning city, then warp to another town with the admin when events unfold so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The only thing I don`t like about boss events like that one from x-mas and this one, is that the chance to DC seems a bit high. I don`t know what causes this, but I think it`s a combination of too many people in one map and the boss attacking animations.

To tackle the problem of too many people in one map, you might think about having a limit to the amount of people who can enter the map, or only allow people to enter the boss map when they have given at least like 100 cakes (just a random number, think about some sort of % needed for the total summon). This will be good to make the boss spawn faster as well, so I kinda like this. This way you avoid people who freeload on the donation of others.

The problem of the boss attacking animations might be solved by also releasing an edited mob.wz, where you made the boss attack animations less "fancy".

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  15. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    6:02 PM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    3rd person attack animations have been disabled for the fight with Cake Boss. We heard feedback that it has helped the lagging and disconnecting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    ZarkZark I've added a 5 minute delay before the cake spawns.

Third person animations of people being hit will also be disabled next revision.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Manji

Manji Horny Mushroom

Jan 24, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Manji
    Crusader
    Aeon
    If someone has any tips on how to not DC, please let me know. Really sucks to disconnect and have no idea why it happens.

Currently playing on Windows 10, computer specifications in signature. Internet speed: 100/100 fiber-optic.
    Compatibility mode: Win XP SP3
    Ticked "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and "Run this program as an Administrator"

18. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    [​IMG]

19. Liprings

Liprings Mushmom

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    5:02 AM
    Tonk
    Islander
    Please extend the first half of the event.
    As someone who mains an Islander we were completely forgotten about for the first week, then got one week instead of two for the presents.
    And now have pointless mobs in our training maps that take forever to kill and deal more damage than average monsters we fight.
    I personally hate that it takes 3 gems to get a reward.
    I donate 2-3k cakes everytime i've seen the cake spawn, but had to do it 3x to get a reward. WHICH EXPIRES ; ; (in my case)
    Also random rewards kind of sucks when it you have to do so much work to get one.
    Random w/ one kill, not a big deal.
    Random w/ 3 kills, fucking torture.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RoGGoD

RoGGoD Blue Snail

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    1:02 PM
    RoGGoD
    Beginner
    Try holding still and don't use any kind of skill when the cake boss is almost dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.