1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet AP reset scrolls...

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Lionheart, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:13 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I was talking to a NPC and it mentioned this item. It said it could transfer levels/closeness from one pet to another. I thought it would be a nice thing to do since I only had one pet I liked now.

But upon "transferring" the exp, it seems both pets' closeness decreased. The pet who was giving up closeness was reset down to 0, and the pet who was supposed to gain that closeness seems to have lost a similar amount as well. So, this little scroll which cost 250k seemed to do the complete opposite of what it's supposed to do.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    9:13 PM
    Did the pet you were giving closeness to have more closeness than the pet you were taking the closeness from?

3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    yep.

I tried to transfer exp from a permanent elephant pet to a crystal rudolph which was dried up. :(

4. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Well, the closeness isn't supposed to add up to the closeness you already have, as far as I know. It's supposed to give the pet the closeness the other pet had. So there's no point really in transferring closeness to a pet that has more closeness already. :p

5. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Uh, huh....

so I guess the question is, why doesn't any NPC or item description explicitly SAY this? All they say is you can "transfer" pet closeness. They never say anything about replacing closeness. If you transfer $10 to your savings account, you don't expect your entire savings to be wiped out and you only are left with $10.

Second, why is it even coded to let this happen if the first pet's closeness is higher than the second's? If it is supposed to work this way, it should just say it's impossible to do and not screw you over.

Third, the whole system is stupid. The result I was expecting to get would be exactly the same if only I had known about this thing when I first got my crystal rudolph. ie: transferring pet closeness over immediately when you getting a new pet. Not like that number would break anything.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    As far as I know Navi coded pet AP reset to be GMS-like (I didn't looked it up how it worked there), so perhaps this is how it was in GMS too.

7. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    2:13 PM
    Buffles
    Paladin
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the closeness would not be added up but replaced. I can't remember where this was, I'll try to look for it later since I'm on mobile right now

8. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    In my opinion it's pretty self-explanatory. They keep talking about transferring it to new pets. Its a system so you don't have to re-train a pet when you buy a new one. It would be kind of weird if you could just train three pets at the same time and then add the closeness of the two pets to the one you actually use. Also, it says 'Scroll of Switch Pet Ability' when you double-click the scroll.

I just went to check to confirm it actually works the way I said. Transferred the closeness from the Corgi to the Harp Seal.
    Before:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I didnt even know this existed, this makes training a -1/min pet a lot easier xD.

10. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ok, let's get real here. You're talking about "exploiting the system" when clearly this wasn't even my intention. You also mention it says some other contradictory phrase where perhaps you wouldn't look or assume it's badly translated. Doesn't matter anyway because "switching" does not describe what just happened.

All I see are a bunch of excuses. The whole thing could be worded better and it could be coded better.

11. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just saying that it would be weird if you could do that. 'You' as in any person in general.

Switching describes it pretty well. You switch the closeness from one pet to another. Doesn't always have to be both ways.

Moved to closed/resolved, since it's working as intended.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:13 PM
    NSFW
    in this context the word "switch" could only mean two-ways. i think there should at least be a wording change.

13. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Who are you talking to? This?

[​IMG]

14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:13 PM
    NSFW
    the thread in general but mostly poof

15. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    3:13 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    That brick wall LOL

16. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    If you have a better idea, you can always write a suggestion in the suggestion section.

17. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:13 AM
    Mar the Fairy warns you when you select the transfer option with the scroll and pet ready.

[​IMG]

Cloy doesn't explicitly mention it when you buy the scroll though:

[​IMG]

...but it's arguable that since he says level will be transfered as well as closeness, you can guess the transfer is a replacement, not an addition. If you combined the closeness, the resulting level might have been higher and wouldn't have been a direct transfer of levels.

This is typical of Neckson, or perhaps is a result of translation precision loss (GMS isn't the best when it comes to retaining meaning after translation), and often players only find out how these things work via forums or word of mouth. Still, when things like these are reported, we can improve on them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well when Mar says, "your new pet will receive your existing pet's closeness and level," it could be understood that it GAINS that closeness. I also see now how looking at it from a different angle, it could also mean "replace", but given that you pay 250k for a scroll and adding up closeness from one pet to another isn't a huge balance issue, it never made sense that this would happen.

Again, bank account analogy looks great. If the teller says your checking account will receive your saving account's money, common sense dictates that money from your savings account is transferred to and added to your existing checking account balance.