1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill Effect Bug

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Romium, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Romium

Romium Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    3:30 PM
    Spyro
    Paladin
    Hogwarts
    Dear staff,

Description of the bug: White Knight Elemental Buff skill does not have the desired effect against elemental weak mobs.

What is supposed to happen?: For example, lets say i used my ice elemental buff with my WK and now my attacks are ice based, you would expect ice weak mobs (like fire boars, fire sentinels, bains) to receive 150% the normal damage, in addition to being frozen.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: While playing with my white knight, after using the element buffs.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug : Create white knight, check its damage against ice weak mobs using regular attacks, now add one to ice elemental buff skill, and check the damage again to see any noticeable changes (there won't be).

Extra information: Do not confuse the freezing effect that ice based attacks of the WK have with the additional damage it should give when charging ice weak mobs, also its the same story with fire buff and thunder buff.

For example: Hitting ice weak monster with normal strike deals around 1000 damage. now adding the ice buff and hitting the same monster again, and instead of dealing around 1400-1600 damage, it deals around 1000 just like before - despite freezing the monster.

(If I am at any way wrong and completely confusing you please let me know and explain why I was wrong, note everything.)
    I hope my report is sufficiently detailed and would be fixed permanently.

Appreciate your help,
    Spyro.

2. OP
    OP
    Romium

Romium Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Spyro
    Paladin
    Hogwarts
    Hmmm... comments ??

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:30 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    My guess is this isn't a bug. Is the elemental charge skill you are using relatively low level?

As it turns out, you do not get the full 50% elemental bonus until level 30. Until level 30, your elemental bonus is proportional to your skill level, multiplied on top of your bonus damage from using the charge.

For example at charge level 3, your ice attacks inflict 5% more damage vs ice-weak mobs. At level 15, your ice attacks inflict 25% more damage, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    2:30 PM
    [​IMG]

Without Blizzard Charge:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

With Blizzard Charge:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So yeah, I definitely notice a significant difference. Using a sword with Ice Charge, too.
    Like LionheartLionheart said, it may just be because you haven't maxed the skill yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Romium

Romium Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Spyro
    Paladin
    Hogwarts
    Ok I see how it works now. it is very misleading tho.
    I'd like to thank you Lionheart and poofs for clearing this out for me.