1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update New area: Shanghai Wai-Tan

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    1:53 PM
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  2. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    5:53 AM
    Paladin
    [​IMG] Ducks [​IMG] and [​IMG] cows [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Red Snail

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    Oeuvre
    Assassin
    Coool :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    3:53 AM
    OHYEAHHH I GUESSED CORRECTLY!

• Like Like x 1
  5. awandy

awandy King Slime

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    7:53 AM
    Ambient
    F/P Arch Mage
    Nebula
    This is the bund in ShangHai. Never been there before, but I want to :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    2:53 PM
    Amazing! Really looking forward to explore Shanghai and hoping for Night Market to open up next MapleF2
    Thank you staff!

Edit: the spawn should definitely be heightened.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    4:53 AM
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    Seems cool, good job on the coding ^^

• Like Like x 2
  8. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Why do you guys keep adding stuff which takes it further and further away from v62 GMS ._.

9. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:53 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Because a server stuck with the same content forever would make it more boring and monotonous than maple already is

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    This area is actually very nostalgic for a lot of pre-Big Bang MapleSEA players. We hope this attracts those players to MapleLegends as well.

If you want to play a monotonous server that never does any updates and never brings anything new, you're not at the right server. :oops:

• Like Like x 7
  11. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    I'm not against new stuff, but bring new stuff which is more relevant for the higher level players. It's monotonous for us.

With the amount of stuff we already have, there's no way it can be monotonous for players under level 70ish~. There's plenty of variety for this demographic already.

I mean... ducks and goats and cows are great, but I prefer eating apples man :c

The majority of people who end up leaving the server because it gets boring etc. are, you guessed it, high(er) level players. The additions being made to the server are not catering to the demographic you are losing, and the additions certainly aren't anything which play a big role in attracting new players. Most maplers don't care about shanghai. If I was brand new to the server, knowing that the server has content like apples is way more enticing than knowing I can access an area from MapleSea.

Progress and growth for the server happens when you address the right issues.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Big fan of adding new maps and quests in general, don't even mind doing lvl 20 quests on a lvl 8x char, simply because it's content.

Also new maps from after v62 are perfectly fine imo and even custom quests / maps / content should be considered sometime in the future. The game can be nostalgic and still be improved on because as a matter of fact, Maple gets really tedious from 80 upwards.

Edit: But please up the spawn rates on Shanghai, it's horrendous atm :p

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    While I see where you are coming from, I always saw Legends as an international nostalgic house. MapleSea had shanghai (and Thailand) prior to v62, meaning its still "nostalgic" but aimed at the other regions of Maplestory.

Other maps that were at prior before 62 but in other regions is Night market (TMS and CMS), Ninja castle (JMS and CMS), Malaysia (MapleSEA) and few other.

I cant write so much right now because I am on phone (and not home) but other maps we are working right now on are also for higher level users.

• Like Like x 6
  14. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    you actually completely missed his point, he just wanted more high-lvl content rather than low-lvl content that users will visit once and never again

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    He says we go further and further away from 62. How is that making a point that he want higher level content that is also after 62?

16. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    She was replying to his first post, not his second.

18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I answered what I've quoted. And even his second post is addressed in fact Ive said we are working on higher level content too.

19. jianxun

jianxun Mano

Mar 10, 2016
    Male
    7:53 AM
    -_-
    Magician
    N/A
    I love this decision that u guys made, i was away from maplelegends for a good while because of school, now i cant wait to be back in this great server. Keep up the good work!

20. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    It's good to hear that you guys are working on higher level content. It gives me hope that one day, some day, we will get it.

It's just that looking at the past couple of months of updates and maintenances, your general update trend is all aimed at lower level content, even though there is plenty of it already. If that's an indication, and you say you're working to bring both higher level content but also content from other Maple worlds, chances are we're going to end up seeing more of this "other" lower level content a lot more than seeing what we would rather see, which seems to be on the back burner (not that I actually know what you guys work on, rather that's just how it seems to us players).

I agree with the understanding that all progress is better than no progress, but in my opinion, real growth is achieved by successful implementation of what is highly desired rather than least desired by your player base.

As someone mentioned above, all your hard work and effort (which I know there is a lot of!) into bringing content which people use/visit once and then forget about is simply, for lack of other terms, a low return on investment since it might likely be unfairly underappreciated.

But nevertheless, for now I along with many others will continue to hold out in hopes that the game does get better for higher level players. OnionCourage

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.