1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Boost player retention ~ Economy ~ HP washing ~ Gach

本贴由 Friendly 2016-07-31 发布于‘Suggestions’。

1. Offline

Friendly Slime

注册时间:
    2016-07-02
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    Local Time:
    20:01
    Job:
    Dragon Knight
    Level:
    Guild:
    Otaku
    Just like to throw a suggestion out there on how to boost the economy with just a little work from our fabulous GMs:

HOST MORE GM EVENTS!

GM events are definitely the highlight of a day of mapling. You get to take a break from mindless grinding and pit your skills against other maplers in a variety of ways. Jump quests, Trivia, Mini Games, etc, can all be hosted by GMs and prizes can be rewarded. In order to do said things in title, the prizes would be NX cash.

For example,
    1st place: 20k NX
    2nd place: 15k NX
    3rd place: 10k NX

Participation award of 5k NX

This leaves everyone who has participated in events happy even though they may not have won. Most of this NX will be probably spent towards Gachapon tickets and AP resets for HP washing. This is a fun way for the community to boost the number of gachapon only items in the market, increase the economic flow, as well as decrease the ridiculous amount of time it takes to HP wash. Gach will become more relevant, instead of having to wait months for an above average sky ski or whatever to show up in the market.

This also boosts player retention due to the fact that players will overall enjoy MapleLegends more if there are community events like these that give rewards.

Expect a small period of price fluctuation if you implement this.

Happy Mapling ~~
    R> O~T~A~K~U

• Like Like x 7
  2. Offline

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

注册时间:
    2015-06-15
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    Local Time:
    19:01
    We actually do have GM events with NX prizes , but we typically host them when the online user count is fairly high.

I admit that I (and the staff) could probably host more, but personally it isn't nearly as fun for me when not many people are able to show up.

3. OP
    OP
    Friendly

Friendly Slime

注册时间:
    2016-07-02
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    Local Time:
    Job:
    Dragon Knight
    Level:
    Guild:
    Otaku
    In my 2 months here there's only been 1 GM events I've heard of, and I couldn't even attend it :(
    But it doesn't matter if the population count is high. You have to start somewhere. You gotta trust the population will grow.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Offline

BooLover Blue Snail

注册时间:
    2016-07-06
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    Local Time:
    IGN:
    boo
    Job:
    Beginner
    Level:
    this
    x10000000

5. Offline

Vith Dark Stone Golem

注册时间:
    2016-05-06
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    Local Time:
    IGN:
    Vith
    Job:
    White Knight
    I completely agree. Getting awarded for merely participating (for example those screenshot caption events) goes a long way in actual player participation as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Offline

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

注册时间:
    2015-06-15
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    Local Time:
    19:01
    Hosted a little 5 question Q/A event for you guys. Hope it met your expectations :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Offline

BooLover Blue Snail

注册时间:
    2016-07-06
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    Local Time:
    IGN:
    boo
    Job:
    Beginner
    Level:
    little things go a long way

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Friendly

Friendly Slime

注册时间:
    2016-07-02
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    Local Time:
    Job:
    Dragon Knight
    Level:
    Guild:
    Otaku
    A step in the right direction my friend.

I think the biggest factor in this suggestion would be the participation nx, as that will be a big motivator in attending and looking forward to events. So create a community space for the event and all attendees receive at least participation NX.

Thanks for the Q/A~~
    OTAKU

• Like Like x 1
  9. Offline

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

注册时间:
    2015-07-03
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    所在地:
    The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    02:01
    IGN:
    Smores
    Job:
    Bishop
    Level:
    Guild:
    Demure
    I feel like you need to hold these events to make the user count high though. I remember not too long ago when Kimberly hosted the tree/JQ event and announced it on forums, pretty sure the user count got to levels we havent really seen lately (100+)
    If you hold more events like these it'll show that GM's still care about the server and the players, making it more attractive to join imo.
    It also makes for quality streaming (advertising) content, as nobody really enjoys watching skele grinds and boss runs aren't always an option

• Like Like x 7
  10. Online

Heartiess Guest

Tfw uve been screaming this in shoutbox for weeks.
    OLA OLA - RUSSIAN ROULETTEEEEE
    Agree, mind you 5k nx is a lot imo if ure just participating. Especially if gms were to host them more often.

Rn we get smegas and scrolls of secrets.

Maybe getting better rewards from these scrolls ? (Since black bags are removed u cant really get much).

Or getting 2k instead of a smega.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Friendly

Friendly Slime

注册时间:
    2016-07-02
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    Local Time:
    Job:
    Dragon Knight
    Level:
    Guild:
    Otaku
    I think 3k NX should be minimum participation award. Minimum 1 event a day up to however generous the GMs are feeling that day. Knowing a GM event will occur during the day, but not knowing when, will increase the time players are logged on, motivation to logon, as well as satisfaction after attending events. This keeps players with a regular rewards system that doesn't feel straining like the current monotonous state of the game.

12. Online

Heartiess Guest

Anything more than 3k would be too much in my opinion as a consolation prize. This games meant to be hard you know? ;)

Edit: Also taking into consideration as well that GMs have lives outside of ML once a day might be hard for them XD So the amount of NX would have to be based on the frequency of the events. Getting 3-5k everyday EXTRA makes the game easy. While 3-5k every 2-3 days is fair i guess.

Last edited by a moderator: 2016-07-31
  13. Offline

Nicholas Mixed Golem

注册时间:
    2016-06-09
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    所在地:
    London
    Local Time:
    17:01
    IGN:
    DragonNich
    Job:
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Level:
    Guild:
    Summer
    Totes, though if the frequency of the events is raised the prizes should be altered; handing out too much nx could have an adverse effect on the economy given that there is no guarantee of increased player base.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Offline

Kargo Skelegon

注册时间:
    2015-03-05
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    所在地:
    Holland
    Local Time:
    IGN:
    Kargo
    Job:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Guild:
    Flow
    Why not add auto gm events? :p

15. Offline

Lionheart Horntail

注册时间:
    2015-04-25
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    所在地:
    Gotta catch em all...
    Local Time:
    18:01
    IGN:
    Lionheart
    Job:
    F/P Arch Mage
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hogwarts
    Hm. Low population (partially) because of no events. No events because of low population. I see a vicious cycle here.

But auto events are generally a bad idea. If they become too common of a thing, everyone ends up ignoring the events. Unless the prizes for joining are good. But then if that happens, the server is flooded with the prizes... which of course is in itself a bad thing, but ironically will make people also stop attending these events when they have their fill. I know this from my experience playing Ragnarok Online private servers which also had auto events.

So in short, we need to focus on events that are fun and creative and certainly not predictable rather than a bunch of repetitive baloney.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Offline

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

注册时间:
    2015-12-01
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    Local Time:
    Economy won't really get better.

Here's my view on this.

1. The rates, as nostalgic as the rates are they aren't exactly stable. Having rates that don't have the same experience and drop rate will cause players to level up more quickly but have less funds that they would usually have. (Putting gach and basic rng drops aside).

2. The main problem isn't the amount of scrolls answer such itself (though it can often be dry) but the economy itself. There aren't enough strong buyers to keep up with the constant scrolls that come in. So what happens? The economy goes to shit. Scrolls have never seen a rise in price for a long time, and players are forced to lower and lower.

3. Player base, as lovely as a small loyal player base and really nice community. There literally isn't enough to support a good economy. There isn't much chance to merchant, and the amount of people that actually need zhelms (good way to make money) are extremely scarce now a days. You can see it through the groups who go ht, whom literally make 0 money from the runs they go (very rarely do any buyers show up).

The main reason is that there aren't enough mesos and dedicated people to buy items and scrolls. In my opinion it's only going to get worse and worse.

It would be nice to see a way to implement meso bags (nx for flat rate mesos) to boost the
    economy, this would also help people who don't want to rng gach.

Just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 2
  17. Offline

Clown Zakum

注册时间:
    2015-06-27
    帖子:
    获得的支持:
    成就点数:
    性别:
    所在地:
    The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    IGN:
    Unknown
    Job:
    Night Lord
    Level:
    Guild:
    ✪Circus✪
    I think you might be shoutbox banned then cuz I havent seen it a single time...
    Good try tho!

Did see a lot of this tho:
    upload_2016-8-1_11-32-2.png
    Idk...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Online

Heartiess Guest

Hahhahaa i spammed before the maple tree event came.

Tim dw ill bang u too

Jk fu

Last edited by a moderator: 2016-08-01
    • Like Like x 1