1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Islander boss(es)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kargo, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    10:42 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    My opinion is that those who oppose simple fun adds like this in a private server of a 10 year old game are severly autistic

I was an islander. I have a z3 account that dates back to the beginning of 2008 and had been islanding before than. I remember Khaini. I remember SnailSlayers and AmherstMafia. I'm facebook friends with MrBrandini. I remember the day MTS came out and ruined our fun. I remember participating in very early Islander focused private servers. New content such as bosses were welcome so long as the content was equal and competitive.

+1 to this idea, ya'll don't know shit about the old school island life

• Like Like x 3
  2. Buza

Buza Orange Mushroom

Aug 11, 2016
    6:42 PM
    We are not looking for anything "HUGE" we are just looking more reasons to keep playing. Because Islanders here are obviously not like GMS, the players amount way lesser so the Islanders either.
    I have no complaints, but more goals for Islanders especially when you are alone could be very helpful.

Two things I see which can be very good to Islanders right now:
    Bosssess (When I say bossess I mean to max 3 not more even two or one it's fine)
    Scrolls Shop (There are scroll shops in Kerning City, Ellinia the 100% ones nothing special but helpful to Islanders)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    11:42 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Or you can just make a perm beginner and get all of these things OnionF6

OnionDead

• Like Like x 7
  4. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    5:42 PM
    Islander
    Ya'll be actin like you island all day everyday
    Gettin to dat lvl 20 thinkin life is hard, wanting nerfed rayquaza as boss n shit

god

• Like Like x 6
  5. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    8:42 AM
    NSFW
    my god, islands are dead now. could you imagine how dead they'd be if this gets added?

that being said it would be nice to get a response saying that it's closed so people can stop autisming all over this thread

• Like Like x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Perm beginner and an Islander is a different thing lol (Islander is like, hardcore lvl perm beginner lol)

Hehehe, donor only royal coupons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[Edit]
    This thread is now a hot thread, thanks guys. I would never created this thread if it wasnt for you guys, it has been a crazy ride thanks alot.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Because the island is comfy. Islanders don't stay on the island because they enjoy lack of content, they stay for the community.

Seems like there's currently no community because everyone quit since there was not enough activities to do.

Current players who log onto there islanders probably once a week are harping on this guy making a suggestion that may eventually add more of what makes islanders island, community.

What doesn't sound autistic about that? OnionF6

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Maple Legends is dying in general. Needs to do more than add a boss on maple island, which doesn't belong their in the first place, to get players. The items that were suggested for this are literally useless. Adding a boss would cause an unbalance to the many different ways there are to build an islander. Being an islander is all about killing mushrooms and pigs, not bosses lol.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:42 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ah yes, typical Nikki throwing out insults within the first breath and wondering why people get offended. You don't even know what autistic means, apparently. If I was opposed to fun, I would make it so nobody could ever leave maple island. But I'm not opposed to fun; the fun is outside maple island where it belongs, and I encourage people to not make islanders and have some fun.

Look, the point of Maple Island is for players completely new to the game to get situated and learn the very basics. It's also there as an easy way to get to level 10 and get a lot of useful items to continue on your journey. You are meant to leave maple island at some point.

There is no point to islanders or even perma-beginners, really, except insane masochistic challenge. If you want that, have at it. But if you want bossing? Go change class and fight freaking bosses like everyone else. If you want community? Welcome to the forums, the shout box, guilds, and discord, etc.

The fact is, 99% of people do not care about islanders. Adding bosses to maple island will only give the few people who bothered to make an islander a few minutes of entertainment, then it's boredom boredom boredom again. People who didn't care about islanders before still won't care and the "community" won't grow. In fact, quite a significant portion of current islanders won't like the addition of bosses.

The whole point of being an islander is limiting your available content. If you were actually playing for the community, you'd move on to where more people were at or better yet, just join one of those online chat room game things and idle there, since that's bound to be more entertaining than with an islander.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  10. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    That is true, but the only one i heard who didnt like it is lolzor and a few non islanders. o-o
    But in my opinion, someone who isnt an islander, shouldnt even care about this thread.
    It wont affect any non islander.

Also, can you give me a few names of who dont like it?

11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I dont like it.

I do not yet see myself as a worthy islander to really voice my opinion yet but I hope to get there one day. Adding bosses or other content (except hair/eye npcs) would be a big - for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    8:42 AM
    NSFW
    the only time i log in to this server [which has been more common these past few days] is to play on my islander. tf you on about fam

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    uuuhm wut? lol
    Everyones opinion is worth something, but a non islander shouldnt really care about this thread since it wont affect them.

14. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Until they accidentally run into it and it kills them.

Seems like most people speaking are islanders though :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    True, but maybe some kind of map could be added that you could enter when you are like lvl20+

16. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    a maple island scroll shop is a laughable idea and you should feel bad for mentioning it

autists have trouble communicating effectively
    currently active islanders ask why nobody want to have fun and play with them
    "cuz its boring add more content"
    NO U MUST HIT THESE MUSHROOMS IN THIS ORDER ON DANGEROUS FOREST
    empty island continues

sounds like effective communication isn't happening.. behavior that could fall on the autism scale imo

LionheartLionheart your post starts with me than moves along to suggesting an entire race of characters be genocided because it's the 'right way to play' MapleF5

For the greater good?!?

Get it together Stalion MapleF6

• Like Like x 1