1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Islander boss(es)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kargo, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    12:16 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    About the boss(es)
    I think it would be fun to add some kind of boss on to MapleIsland to make islanding a better experience but still challenging. Like a stronger Mano or weaker mushmom. I made sure the items i added were lower level items and were useful for an islander. All items should be untradable so no one can sell them outside of Maple Island.

Drops: (100% Dropped High drop rate, Normal drop rate, Low drop rate, Extremely low drop rate)

The high drop rate shouldnt be higher than 60% chance on being dropped.

Mesos
    Random ETC items
    Useless potions

All color wiscons/danas
    Blue/Red Sauna robe.

Bamboo sword
    Korean fan
    All color work gloves

Fish spear
    Both baseball bats
    Bath robe

Speed scrolls
    Old raggedy cape

[Edit] Fake Papa Pixy or fake Alishar could be a good boss for islanders.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    Quitlander asks for too much
    Quitlander gets ignored
    Quitlander continues being a quitlander

• Like Like x 5
  3. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    5:16 AM
    This imo goes against what islanders are about, which is attacking slimes, orange mushrooms, or whatever without having to worry about gear or strong monsters. Can't speak for the islander community but I don't think this should be part of the experience.

• Like Like x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I know, this is going a bit against what islanders are about, but there are more things that are against something on maplelegends, like royal hair/face coupons and ToT. So i dont think this would be a huge problem. And this post was more suppost to be to get an idea of what could be fun when well executed. This would also maybe make the islander community bigger because many people think islandig is boring, but with this people who arent islander maybe create an islander to check out the new boss and maybe stay.
    Me quitlander? ;-; i was on vacation as i told you D : xD

5. Bombasty

Bombasty Pink Teddy

Dec 23, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    1:16 PM
    Bombasty
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    Fake Mushmom - 6130101 (test it first to make sure its a fake mushmom) winkmush

Would be a nice challenge for all the islanders out there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Higher level islanders are probably capable of killing real Mushmom too, but I think most Islanders won't like this idea too much, like ClairvoyantClairvoyant said. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    But what if islanders do like this idea?! : D And maybe mushmom should do a little less damage because islanders dont have alot of hp.

8. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    Im an Islander
    I have Islander friends
    None of my Islanders friends like this idea
    Neither do I

• Like Like x 12
  9. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I'm glad you like the idea :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Buza

Buza Orange Mushroom

Aug 11, 2016
    Usually I wouldn't support this suggestion since that's not the point of the Islanders but..
    Since the community is really low right now (no complains) but which means I usually play solo as Islnder over there and I really like to be Islander but can't play solo all the time.
    This suggestion is a great for us, and if the staff really care about us they will consider it and discuss about this suggestion.

It will increase the community of the Islander and much more interesting :)
    Please staff<3

• Like Like x 1
  11. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    If you really cared about me please consider and discuss about giving me all your money. <3

• Like Like x 2
  12. Buza

Buza Orange Mushroom

Aug 11, 2016
    Sure, trade me money has no value in Maple Island anyway xD
    I mean, people say that you just ignore and respond would be very appreciated we are not asking anything that isn't legit only some improves to the server for the islanders.

I'm grinding and will keep grinding for hours in Maple Island and I really like being Islander but some features such the boss would be very helpful and appreciated.
    The islanders community isn't that big, I feel like I'm a lonely Islander over here expect another one the guy who offered the suggestion who's playing with me :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    hmm, i better not post a screenshot of those ???? if you know what i mean ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Poof pretty much described this perfectly, you're saying that if the staff cares about you they should consider something that has obviously been considered and very quickly declined, for obvious reasons.
    Please don't take it to that direction, it's not that the staff "doesn't care about you", and it's not that they "don't have time for you" or anything. It's just that this suggestion, like many others, is simply "I got bored, give me more stuff." it's natural to feel that way, but usually these changes are bad for the game. FoxHehe

• Like Like x 4
  15. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    "I got bored, give me more stuff." isnt really what i ment to say with this suggestion, it was more like: There arent many islanders, maybe something like this will help to change that.

16. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Maybe I was a little too harsh, I didn't mean to say your suggestion was just to get more stuff.
    I know you have good intentions, I just don't think this suggestion will change that for the better. :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Buza

Buza Orange Mushroom

Aug 11, 2016
    I less care if they accept it or deny it, I more care if they respond and take decision.
    Because those suggestion can stay over here open fo no reason for months without any goal. If they don't like the suggestion at all and they deny it, it's completely fine but atleast let us know =]

Anyway, I'm just a little bored as I said I'm grinding and I will keep grinding. I like to be Islander and I will keep do it, I just say to increase the community of Islander and help it would be very appreciated if this suggestion would actually happen in-game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Yeah, I understand. Though, even if the staff doesn't reply to every suggestion, they do consider it. you can see the list of people who read this thread below. and if a large scale discussion about a suggestion is starting, they do reply. Also, Clairvoyant and Poof replied to this, and they're both GMs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Buza

Buza Orange Mushroom

Aug 11, 2016
    Anyway I still think it should be more up to Islanders community opinion..
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower