1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A pleasure to meet all of you!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by nicque, Sep 29, 2016.

1. nicque

nicque Snail

Sep 29, 2016
    7:12 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hi, I'm Nicque, from Singapore.

Maplestory has walked alongside me since my childhood, having played MaplestorySEA since 2005 (Dice-rolling, 80k mesos to Orbis, etc.) I've been on and off all these years, quitting for a while, only to play it again. I have countless fond memories of this game and I must say, I'm disappointed with how the game has evolved over the years.

In MapleSEA, I have spent over a few thousand dollars over these 11 years in total, well, because that's how pay-to-win it is here. It is virtually impossible to engage in any end-game content meaningfully without funding with real-life money. I miss pre-Big Bang, where real life cash only mainly serves as a means for aesthetic enhancement.

Update after update has made MapleSEA easier for unfunded players (making my initial 'investment' deteriorate in value), and has made me increasingly disappointed with the way MSEA is managed. So, being unable to tolerate the game anymore, I have decided to quit MSEA for good, and I'm currently in the process of selling as many of my endgame equips, items, and resources as possible in order to minimise my losses.

On the other hand, I have decided to join MapleLegends for a number of reasons.

1. I can enjoy pre-Big Bang maple again, the good old times. Based on my research, it seems that this is "the" place to go for nostalgia. Although it is relatively new compared to MR, I have full confidence in having an enjoyable experience in this server based on the experiences that people have shared on this forum.

2. I read that the software works on Macs too, that's a plus, since I have other laptops that don't run on Windows.

3. Not specific to MapleLegends but, unlike MapleSEA, playing MS would certainly be more convenient on a private server when my overseas medical school term begins in Feb 2018.

All in all, I would like to conclude by saying that I look forward to interacting with an amazing community that comprises of people from all walks. Though it is such, we nevertheless have a common interest, that is - to relive the greater past.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Oryza

Oryza Red Snail

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    6:12 AM
    Oryza
    I/L Wizard
    Nice to meet you!
    My good friend and I just recently started playing on this server and it's been great to recapture the nostalgia of my younger years. From what I've seen, the community is incredibly welcoming and helpful, and the mods seem to be doing a great job.
    If you're looking for a noob to train with, feel free to add me! :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fredrik

Fredrik Chronos

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    1:12 PM
    Feddieze/Blackbird
    Shadower
    Halyconrad
    Welcome Nicque! Enjoy your stay and I hope to see you in game :)

4. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    7:12 AM
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    Welcome to the server! If you need any help message me in game: Deku

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Welcome! Hope you have a great time here!

6. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    1:12 PM
    Welcome to MapleLegends Nicque! I'm completely on the same page when talking about the evolution of maple as a whole over the years, I myself have played from pretty much start to finish with quite a few breaks inbetween, sadly the official game doesn't feel the same as it once did. But after giving a few private servers a shot I eventually ended up here and I must say I've had a blast so far.
    I might not be that young kid anymore, (Jk, I still am sometimes lol.) But my "journey" so far here has had it's moments where I really felt like I was doing certain things just like I did back in the old days.
    Maple has always been one of those very few games that always stuck with me no matter what simply because of how great of a time I had when I was younger and to experience the same thing again..
    It's amazing, for me at least. (Hooray for random rants!)

You're very much welcome on my buddy list if you're looking for people to talk to at some point, my ign's "Chowy" ~