1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

IGN change prices are ridiculous, make no sense & should be changed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BadWolf, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts

because they're donators. They actually paid money to the server, and at least that shows a bit more commitment to the game, even if they wind up disappearing for months or forever. Let's just call it another little perk that isn't pay to win.

And yeah, 10k donor nx does sound fair too. At least it's not something ridiculous like $50. Oh right. Let's also put a limit on how often you can do this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Out of curiosity, why put a limit? I think instead, there should be a log of IGN changes.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I was thinking once every 6 months. Because something like a name change shouldn't used often, otherwise it will just be abused by a bunch of people. You know, those same people who think spamming smegas is funny. But this time they'll think confusing everyone is even funnier and who knows? A name change is something that could potentially be abused by someone trying to scam.

4. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    I agree with most of your points. About scamming; if you're reporting a scammer, you ought to bring a screenshot anyway, and so it's better to just have a log of what IGN was changed to what, so changing your IGN wouldn't let anyone get away with scammnig unless they would have gotten away with it without changing their IGN at all.

6 months is too big a limit for smega spamming and trolling. I think 1 month tops would be more than enough. Even 1 week would be enough to prevent spamming smegas, and that's already being over cautious. I mean, if you really want to spam smegas/troll, you probably have an alternate client on vmware and use a VPN, and/or have many different accounts, so why waste $10?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Just because I didnt have a credit card and couldnt pay to donate to the server (not because I didnt want to) and went on a break for 6 month they could take my ign?
    I dont think donations have to do anything with it.
    Donators should be treated equally to others, one of the things of the server that paying/donating doesnt give you privileges.

Also on another note 6months is way to short, people been playing this game (in generall) for over 10 years, taking a few years break here and there means no time at all for us.
    If i take a break and I reserved an ign (which is part of the game) I wouldnt want it to be taken away when I come back.
    Im not planning to go back to gms, I treat this server as my last maplestory thing ill do, I probablly can never quit and always come back might take a few months/years break here and there but can never quit totally (thats for most people who play this game, they always come back at some point).

If this does get implemented and for example the time to change for an ign is 6 months, I think it should be fair to give a 6months notice before it actually gets implemented.

6. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    As long as you have at least one character at level 45+, I think you and anyone else should be safe from having your IGN taken unless you agreed for it to be takem, but honestly I think the game only starts getting slow at level 51 when you can't LPQ anymore, and basically no one does OPQ, so I think 52 which is one level after the game starts slowing down and you pretty much have to grind, is a good level to make your entire account's IGNs safe from taking (unless you agreed for them to be taken). I think everyone with a character at level 52 and up should have those rights while keeping the IGN change service stay behind a paywall, with a reasonable price.

7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:27 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    IGN Life is free boys, go take it!!!
    Blame Latte for not having Fine free

• Like Like x 1
  8. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:27 AM
    Still think IGN change/stealing is stupid and would like to see it as little as possible so ...

9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:27 AM
    also donations arent supposed to give in-game advantages (pay to win) - donators already have 'privileges' - ie perm nx and stuff. changing an ign doesnt give u an 'in game' advantage, hense the logic behind donators not having their igns taken, its a privilege but not a in-game advantage.

Please ignore my horrible grammar

10. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    Check the other comments. I mean, it was suggested that any account with level 45+ or 52+ is safe from having their name taken. That seems fair to me. And can't you agree that an account that doesn't even have a level 30 and is inactive should have their IGN freed for someone who actually wants to play?

11. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Level 45 might be a bit high for some classes, for example, if some1 plays a begginer that only quests to level and not grind or pq, leveling up will take him alot of time. The game slows down at a different point for each person, you cant just decide it.
    When i leveld my bowmaster i got from 55 to 8x in 2 days or so, the game didnt slow down for me until 9x 1xx. It depends on the person and the way they play the game.

And when you say a person that actually wants to play. If the other person just takes a long break and still wants to play? Just because some random player donated some money they can take their ign?

12. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Thats not entierlly true, there is no one way to play the game, every player plays it differentlly, an advanrage varies from each person, and one can think that having a cool name gives him an advantage.
    For example, if somebosy has a very cool name and he asks in fm for help or money etc, he is more likely to get what he wants then somebody with a really uncreayive or random name, hence having an ingame advantage.

13. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    Well, in this specific case, it was a level 15 that clearly doesn't play. About beginners, I agree, but all those rules look like it would be much better to just drop the current command from the source of the server and do it manually, I can imagine what a hassle itd be to code all that for a command. And about leveling, I still think not being able to LPQ anymore and leveling once after that is a good place because its where you actually have to start grinding. Yes, there should be all these ground rules, but being pragmatic, the current system is terrible. If you stop playing for 6 months anyone can take your name for $50.

14. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Just to clerify, you dont actually have to grind until you are out of ranges of all pqs and you finished all the quests, and lpq is slower then avtually grinding (this only applies if you are playing the game to level up and get stronger and not to meet people, socialize, etc. There are more then one way to playing the game).
    Werr not talking about specific cases because of we do it just gives the gms way more job to do and we dont want that, if you do want to make this happen you need to come up with a system that the majoroty of the people and most/all of the gms would agree on.
    Also dont think that just because you suggested something it would get implemented right away, there are way more stuff the staff are working on right now, and I can tell you this is not a high priority.

15. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    "There are way more stuff the staff are working on right now." good luck proving that statement. The amount of ground rules we already came up with shows that it would be better to just scrap the current system and change IGNs manually following what makes sense. As with everything, we should also draw a line in this matter; even if you can't PQ, you can make a second account and make a bishop and then leech yourself to 120. Are we gonna tell people they have to be level 121 or 150 to have their IGNs safe? no. I think 52 is a reasonable spot, especially seeing as basically no one does OPQ.

16. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/status-update.9083/

17. OP
    OP
    BadWolf

BadWolf King Slime

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
  18. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:27 AM
    Because pay to win

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Since when did changing a character's name become pay to win? There's no in-game advantage to that. This also means there's no "pay to make others lose" either.

Pay for privileges? Yes. It helps keep the server running tyvm. But pay to win? No.

Seriously, sob stories about someone's precious identity being stolen are going to be few and far between. Like if some guy named a character Cloud or Gandalf, and then they got bored and quit, do you think anyone would give two shits if someone else with the same lack of creativity wanted the name instead?

• Like Like x 2