1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to multiclient ML using vmware

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Huiae, Oct 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:19 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I don't know exactly from when, but ML client started to allow multiclient w/o vmware or something like that, so this tip is useless. only will help if you can't run more than 1 client "normally".

Why? :

Tired for answering one-by-one. MapleF5. hope to say RTFM after writing this. MapleF3
    To help ppls who need this tip. believe me.

For who? :

Whoever wanna for using mule, or somewhat reason, to do multiclient ML in 1 PC. unfortunately, sandboxie doesn't work for ML, so you need to use vmware to do this.

What should I prepare? :

1. vmware workstation player
    - not "vmware workstation" itself. it's shareware and many functions are sealed unless you pay for it (including functions needed to run ML). for "player" version, it's freeware and for ML itself, it's enough. I used vmware workstation player 12 for this guide.

2. windows installation CD, or DVD, or iso image.
    - you may use ur CD or DVD what you already have, or find .iso file for it. the lower version is, the less your PC resource required.

3. ML client.
    - you're reading guide for ML.

How to do? :

1. install vmware workstation player on ur PC. no more detail description for this step.

2. run vmware workstation player and press "player -> file -> new virtual machine"
    [​IMG]

3. select source of windows. if you use CD or DVD, you may choose installer disc. otherwise, browse ur .iso file. in this guide, i'll use windows 7 (tweaked version). after it, press next. choose right options for ur prepared windows. disk size is free for ur choice but don't decrease it too much. (you need to install ML at least MapleF3). once you press finish button, installation will get started.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Turn on ur virtual machine and install windows on ur virtual machine. this progress is different for every ppls by what they choosed, so I won't wrote it in detail. in most of cases, you'll be fine with spamming "next".
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4.5. (optional but kinda must) you may install "vmware tools" for convenience, especially, xfering files between ur main and virtual machine. after you enter windows, press player->manage->install vmware tools. if it starts automatically, go on. if not, check D: of virtual machine. than just spam next.
    added : this process also includes installing driver files for virtual devices, especially, including virtual video card, so if you skip installing vmware tools, you need to install video driver by manual. (and it's a bit harder than just installing vmware tools itself)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. install ML in ur virtual machine. who did step 4.5, can copy ML from main PC to virtual PC with drag n drop. otherwise, need to download and install inside virtual machine. I'll choose xfering in this guide. but any choice is ok.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. try to run ML. if everything goes fine, say good job to you. if it says "Failed to find proper screen mode for Gr2D", turn off ur virtual machine and in vmware, select ur vitrual machine, press "Edit virtual machine settings", select "Display" and check "Accelerate 3D graphics". if you have "runtime error - abnormal termination", check ur network. for other errors, tbh, no idea. good luck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Question? :

This is not officially supported in ML so don't bother our poor KimberlyKimberly with this matter. instead of her, bother CozieCozie (IGN Idol/Cozy). but, never ask this shit - where I have to go to download vmware/windows? or where I can get serial key for windows?. this question isn't welcomed. learn2google.

Thanks? :

for Chen. you motivated me to write this shitty guide and made me waste my time should be used for grinding. <3.
    for you. endured my dem grammar and finally reached to the end of this guide. apologize and luv u.

Ps? :

I don't know exact reason but some ppls get trouble for this method. hope you have good luck so this works well just like others.

Edit - Failed to find proper screen mode for Gr2D? :

After few tests with changing conditions, I got same problem which was kinda issue for many ppls - Failed to find proper screen mode for Gr2D. I solved that problem with this way, so I add it to help ppls got struggled with same problem.

in short - your virtual video card driver isn't installed or broken. reinstall it. don't forget to check "accelerate 3D" on vmware program also.
    driver files are in virtual machines C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Drivers\video_xdpm (this folder name can be different by version of vmware)

sorry for SS written in korean, i felt lazy to re-install everything in english only for demonstration.... so I tried to take as many as SSs for details. hope this can help you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Drivers\video_xdpm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After rebooting virtual machine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    5:19 PM
  3. Drakonark

Drakonark Slime

Aug 6, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    9:19 AM
    Drakonark
    I/L Arch Mage
    Flawless
    No matter what I do, I get "Failed to find proper screen mode for Gr2D" error... I've googled every single possible fix and can't find anything. Turning on "Accelerate 3D graphics." didn't help either >.> But I've been using oracle, so maybe I'll try VM Workstation instead. I know it's some kind of video-driver issue.
    Decent guide tho... Nice with all the pictures!

4. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    10:19 AM
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    where do i get the iso key? where do i get windows? Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drakonark

Drakonark Slime

Aug 6, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Drakonark
    I/L Arch Mage
    Flawless
  6. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:19 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    bump. for update related with Gr2D error.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  7. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:19 PM
    wat is 2googel

8. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Not sure if this is still a thing, because ML client won't let you log in with the same ID on a VM.
    upload_2017-2-5_0-41-53.png

9. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    4:19 PM
    Create a second account?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    But then I can't transfer any nx items?

11. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Yep. It's impossible to log into the same account twice, on virtually any online game out there.

This is a guide on how to start up 2+ clients on the same computer, nothing more. It's not needed anymore though, as, since a recent patch, you can just double-click the client (MapleLegends.exe) again, and it'll start up a second game.

• Like Like x 6
  12. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    What OnionF5 shit probably shouldve read it

• Like Like x 2
  13. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I didn't know either, I just read it in the first line of this thread.
    You can't actually successfully log into two different accounts doing that though, so still gotta use a virtual machine. :p

14. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    7:19 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    When I don't use a VM, the second normal "maplelegends.exe" client logging into a different account says "account already logged in" still. pls help FPS on VM is atrocious

15. Franc[e]sco

Franc[e]sco King Slime

May 2, 2015
    Male
    The Internet
    LukStinks
    Magician
    there is some weird behaviour going on with multiclienting from the same machine. it seems to kinda allow it, but it's inconsistent.

on a cold boot, I get the usual "account already logged in" however, if I start the vmware drivers, start vmware, log one of my accounts, stop vmware and start 2 clients then I can multiclient from the same machine without having to use vmware.

if this is not intended and multiclienting on the same machine is not intended to be allowed, let me know and I'll stop using this "trick"

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:19 PM
    This will hopefully be fixed next patch w a change in the code.

• Like Like x 1