1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Not getting Zakum certificates

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Lionheart, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:19 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Description of the bug: I am on the dragon squad quest to join the dragon squads. So far I have collected Pianus and Papulatus certificates. So the quest IS active. But after having gone on 2 runs now, no Zakum certificates have dropped...

What is supposed to happen?: Every run Zakum drops several certificates. It probably is dropping them, but for some reason I'm not seeing them and am unable to collect them, even though I'm on the quest.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Zakum

2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:19 PM
    Everytime i have zak'd on my legit i have seen the certificates drop (mind you i have not zaked in 1month+) . Ill test this when i'm home later - but we have not changed the drops for zak, so nothing should have changed.

I will let you know!

3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think something could be bugged with my account/character specifically. OR, maybe there are a bunch of weird circumstances I am not fulfilling. As an arch mage, I didn't contribute too much damage to the 3rd body, and I wasn't in the party with the main killer, if that matters at all. But I don't think it's supposed to. :/

4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

You have to hit it atleast a few times haha

I will double check though as i said :) just not at computer

5. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

[​IMG]

They drop - when i hit it

[​IMG]

They drop when i dont hit it and im not in attacker party....

6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, I don't know why I'm not seeing any. I was there on that Demure free zhelm event. Can something be done about that, like, just drop one for me so I can pick it up? >.>

What if you're on the right side of the screen, and someone on the left side of the screen kills zakum?

Or do you think it's possible players who are not on the quest are looting everything, and somehow picking up and "destroying" these items when they shouldn't be able to?

Another possibility: what if you are on the quest, but the main attacker isn't?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:19 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    as I remember it was FFA run so everybody would turned on pet loot, so I guess someone else in there looted it....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Im with Cozy on this one, I think the possibility of being looting it is extremely high. The level of the quest isnt that high (i believe its 85) and I know a lot of others that were going for 4th job books - meaning they have most probably started the quest and looted it. I have always seen these certificates drop on the LEFT side, so if you were on the right and teleported to the left, its VERY likely others looted.

Especially since only 4-6 drop and everyone had loot on.

As for the other run you went on, was this a run like this as well? or were u with friends?

9. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah both runs were FFA, but if I recall, you can only pick up this quest inside the HTPQ anyway, so I really doubt many of these people here for free zhelms and books had the quest. And if they didn't even have the quest, they shouldn't be able to pick up or even see the certificates.

10. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    3:19 PM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Nah, you get it outside at the girl in the cage, forgot her IGN
    EDIT: zz im sleepy I meant NPC name not IGN MapleF12

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  11. gekkegast

gekkegast Slime

Nov 30, 2016
    Male
    3:19 PM
    Enzo
    Bishop
    Simplex
    Moira is the name of the NPC

12. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Humor me, and do one test for me please, because I want to confirm if something happens or not:

First, you kill zakum with the quest active. You should see zakum certificates drop.

At the same time, have Gi be on the map with a looting pet out, who doesn't have the quest. I want to see if the items disappear when the pet runs by them...

13. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    8:19 AM
    I remember getting the certificates at level 9x or 10x when I didnt any damage at all so I don't think it has to do with damage/party.

14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

The pet only loots one. But youd be suprised how many people start quests and never finish them. Ive had this quest in my inv. for MONTHS. Never forfeited. So if its a crazy loot party, odds are your pet loot wont be off. And with everyone on the left side, your chances of getting one at this event is slim.

Pretty sure you can see the certificates without starting the quest - have to test this still

I can see why you would be able to loot it though since Zakum and Horntail arent done often, so for some it might be the only time they could actually loot it, even without being the min. Lvl required for the quest

Edit:Nevermind, like all quest items the quest must be started.
    [​IMG]
    So definitely, they looted the certificates before you could.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017