1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best moments in Maple history?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireMushroom, Feb 7, 2017.

1. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    11:23 PM
    Whether it was because of population numbers, an event or some other personal thing, when do you think Maplestory was at its best?

In my case I had to make it a 3 way tie.
    1. Knights of Cygnus release: I forget the exact date but this seemed like one of Nexons best efforts to reach out to more players without sacrificing other bits. It can be hard to level up and making a branch of jobs that were slightly easier was a great way to include additional people. More importantly, while they were stronger than a normal job of the same level, their growth max'd out earlier so the original characters would remain more powerful at end game.
    (it was too bad that the hall of fame got glitched and they were never able to repair it)
    (Unfortunately this was also the start of a downward spiral of over simplifying a lot of things.)

2. Release of Leafre/4th jobs
    Even though not many could reach level 120, I remember that there was huge hype when this came out. The new region was cool and there was a new mountain to climb for anyone who was interested. It did not perfect late game play but 4th jobs did show a clear advancement in power from a characters humble beginnings. (NLC was also coming out or getting expansions at around the same time)

3. Maker skill
    Even though it turned the market into a mess, (each ore suddenly had 4 separate versions: normal, basic, medium and advanced) the skill opened up crafting without being too OP like potentials. It was also nice that it was introduced with a whole town and backstory to go with it. Even though Maker marked the beginning of the end (after this, future systems with power creep quickly took over the game) it was fun while it lasted.

2 of my 3 are ideas that got out of control later but long ago they were still good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:23 AM
    Moderator Post
    When the very first MapleStory Private Server started appear, OdinMS. It was so broken, nothing worked.. but nobody cared. 2000 people played, there were login ques, and even if the server crashed 10 minutes after being up people couldn't wait to play more.

People had such low expectations back then... it was wonderful.

Its also when I played MapleStory for first time, since back then one of the owners of a private server 'GunBound Classic' started move to the second MapleStory Private server, LocalMS and back then I just never heard of Maple before because I was the scrub that was stuck at GunBound... which only ended because this game got completely destroyed by pay2win.

And even when Odin/Local closed down people mass made hamachi servers. Once again people had such low expectations back then, every server was pretty much reborn/high rates because Neckson was still at around v62 while Odin/Local was at v55/v52, so making a 'nostalgic' server was completely pointless.

Here's a very old video of when Odin development (though already no longer the original team) was still active, and pirates were teased:

3. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    Maplelegends releasing on April 1st 2015OnionBlush

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:23 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Best part for me was when pirates and cwk came out. Everything was just so awesome. Even the new soundtracks!

Now, had I been a really oldschool player and been there before leafre and 4th job..? Well, maybe my answer could be different.

5. Frazen

Frazen Pink Teddy

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    11:23 AM
    Frazen
    Night Lord
    For me it will be these 3

1) Perion "Free Market" - before the actual free market was released
    2) GM mass mob summons in town and lag
    3) Hunting the first pan lid from green mushroom and getting scammed selling it. also when most players thought magic def of the pan lid was something really good

• Like Like x 2
  6. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    1) The release of NLc + Haunted House
    2) My first 1 mil (I thought I was rich)
    3) Medals (I liked the saint exorcist medal)
    4) The Cygnus release (I liked playing windbreaker)

7. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    6:23 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    I guess ludi release was awesome af.
    (Never passed lvl 80 so most ofmy time i was i ludi)

8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:23 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    when this was made.

• Like Like x 8
  9. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    6:23 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    I change my answer to this ^
    Op af

• Like Like x 2
  10. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    9:23 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    first maple gf OnionBlush3

• Like Like x 1
  11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:23 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    When the Maker Skill came out. I enjoyed being an ore merchant for the disenfranchised! I tried to establish a bank of graded jewels... before Professions came out, I had 90+ Advanced Diamonds that I sold for 250 million mesos each.

12. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    8:23 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    A little hard to say but I think it might be when Ludi came out! It was a great area that added a lot for everyone: PQ, the tower, underneath the toy factory, etc and I had a really fun time exploring everything new with friends of all levels ^^ It was the first huge town we got since Orbis was released and boarding a new ship was super exciting, really felt like the world was expanding! (also it was just great to see all the worried noobs frantically asking before take off if balrogs would spawn ahaha including myself)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Paladin
    unpopular opinions coming through

1) big bang release. post big bang gets a lot of crap due to cubes and patterns in class design, but for what the first release was, it was cash. lhc, professions, flash jump for both thief classes, buffs to weak classes, and resistance classes. and those rings you got for logging in daily were the best for unfunded people.
    2) odinms. first private server for maplestory. pretty great, but only got to lvl 60 as a fighter lol
    3) old destinyms. met a ton of good pals that i still talk to 8(?) years later
    4) putting INT in my warrior

• Like Like x 1
  14. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    11:23 PM
    Slave
    The greatest moment in all of history:

Warrior (Paladin):
    • [​IMG] Blast output damage has been increased from 550% at level 30 to 600%
    • [​IMG] Ice Charge damage has been increased from 105% at level 30 to 125%
    • [​IMG] Thunder Charge damage has been increased from 125% at level 30 to 150%
    • [​IMG] Flame Charge damage has been increased from 125% at level 30 to 175%
    • [​IMG] Blizzard Charge (Blunt Weapon) has been increased from 105% at level 30 to 125%
    • [​IMG] Lightning Charge (Blunt Weapon) has been increased from 125% at level 30 to 150%
    • [​IMG] Flame Charge (Blunt Weapon) has been increased from 125% at level 30 to 175%
    • [​IMG] Heaven's Hammer delay reduced from 20 seconds at level 30 to 10.
    Fucking bless Legends and all its greatness -- thanks, Staff, for making me scream like a five year old (or whatever year) playing his first video game. This is so great I almost cried and I scared my roommate screaming about it.

• Like Like x 2