1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PQ availability for higher lvls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dumbledore, Mar 14, 2017.

Do you want to make PQ`s available for higher lvls?

1. Yes, option 1 (Daily restriction on amount of visits on PQ)

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Yes, option 2 (Same pq but lvl ranges)

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Yes, by something else (post below)

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. No, keep it as it is

20 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    11:58 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Dear all,

It is a bit of a pity that there aren`t many pq`s available for higher lvls (Only GPQ, HTPQ, HenyPQ). To make the end-game life a bit more fun, and/or to help people out on getting enough people to do a PQ (For example the Orbis PQ (which is like a dead place now), I thought it would be nice to let higher lvl people be able to do these PQ`s which have a lvl restriction. I have got some ideas about how to do this.

1) Make high lvl`s available to do the PQs, but put a restriction on the amount of times they can do these PQ`s daily (like once or twice a day), so as to make the PQ`s not like a leeching paradise in which the high lvl people clear everything, but still let them have the fun of doing the PQ. This will also give more ease in finding people for a PQ. This daily restriction is easy to implement I think.

2) Implement a system in which the PQ`s are for different lvl ranges, with the same monsters and stages, but then stronger and giving more exp. So for example Opq for lvl 51-70,70-100, 100-200. Hard to implement I think.

3) Something else? Post below

4) Keep it as it is now? I know you can make different lvl characters and camp them on different PQ`s, but you will still need others to do an OPQ or PPQ or whatever PQ with (OPQ/PPQ mules?, never heard of that)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:58 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    my honest opinion for this is, just simple removal of level restriction for it. I don't think joining of high lvl ppls will make it leech paradise. high lvl charas doesn't boost up progress so much like, gathering tickets, doing DEM FACKING 123456789 ROOM, collecting piece of clouds, matching scale puzzle and lever puzzle. ofc, they can kill boss in a sec, but their high lvl makes pty members exp very low cuz of exp distribution by lvl gap (and nobody cares for boss killing exp ahaha).

yes, this is not GMSlike, but in this small population server, to activate party quests, I can clearly say that lvl restriction is nothing more than obstacle.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Partly true. For PPQ and LMPQ you have to kill monsters only, so there it will have a big effect. I do agree that for LPQ and OPQ it will not have too much of an effect on the finishing time.

4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:58 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Many suggested that..
    If she's strict on the rates and the hardcore mode, why would she allow bishops hs newbies at PQs (which will be the case)

5. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    Boss pq or whats it called with <<<<
    I dont mean dojo

6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I don't like this idea at all. Level restrictions should stay, otherwise it WILL turn into a leech fest and people will just PQ to leech their other characters, or even sell leech. I've seen it happen before. This will remove everything that feels nostalgic about older MapleStory for me, and will also make the hard work people put into PQing at a low level go to waste, as you can just PQ however many times still to for example keep receiving the LPQ glasses.

If it's just purely because "there's nothing to do at a higher level"; we're working on higher level content.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:58 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You're right. it's true that high lvl ppls are feeling lack of contents, and davids suggestion on removing PQ lvl restriction can be one solution on it, but yes, I don't want PQs become scene of leech and business. and if removal of restriction can cause such things, I'm surely opposite for it.

I DO agree on opening PQ for high lvl ppls, but don't agree on PQ becoming leech paradise or business field. sadly, I can't come with nice opinion can meet both conditions. :(

8. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I dont think that a lvl ranges system will make leeching a business (bishops can only enter a lvl 100+ pq then). Making a restriction on PQ visit a day, say once a day, or even once in two days, whatever, will not be giving much opportunity to leech I think, because it is not that much.

The main purpose of this thread is to deal with a lack of people available on Party Quests (especially OPQ). Doing PQs is part of nostalgia for me as well, but it is very unfortunate if you can hardly find any people to do PQ with, making it very hard ot activate PQs, which kind of ruins nostalgia in a way too. A second purpose is that higher lvls should be able to PQ too.

9. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Another possibility is to add a skillblock for higher lvls to PQs. This will mean that for OPq, Lpq and LMPq, all third and forth job skills will be blocked, for PPq that forth job skills will be blocked. This will kill a leeching possibility and will not make PQs much easier if you have a higher lvl party member, a higher lvl party member will function almost as equally as one within the lvl requirement, but will be helpful in getting to activate a PQ. I think this skill block is the best solution to this problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    7:58 PM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Personally, my opinion on party quests is that they make the game worst.
    I like version before big-bang is due to the grindings.
    The moment big bang was out, everybody is just focusing on party quests to level up.

11. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I like to switch between PQ and grind. When getting bored of grind, switch to PQ and vice versa.

PQs are a way in which people in ML get more closer, get friends and such. I still remember doing KPq with DulceDulce . If higher lvl people get the opportunity to help lower lvl people in PQ (with their third/4th job skills blocked (so no Hs/ults/SE or other powerful skills), or by some other way), then I believe that will bring more closeness between high lvl players and low lvl players.

12. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    To conclude this thread,

Most of the people voted in favor of the availability of PQs for higher lvls (20 vs 12 (62.5%)). A lvl ranges system has the most votes out of the votes for a change. If this is a too much time consuming idea, then I think a block of higher lvl skills (3rd+4th job skills not allowed in OPQ, LPQ, LMPQ, 4th job skills not allowed in PPQ) will be a good idea.

A restriction on the amount of daily visits for a higher lvl might ruin nostalgia too much or might give leeching.

Either way, if there are PQs for higher lvls in the planning (?), that might help too.

13. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    CWKPQ PogChamp

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Er... you do know all kind of PQs existed before big bang, right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Yes i do o.o, But they are very limited. Not sure if you notice, but the moment big bang came out, most of the grinding spots went from crowded to a field where you can listen to crickets sing.

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well I wouldn't know because I never really played maplestory after they released big bang.

Still, you're talking about the impact of PQs in Big Bang vs impact of PQs on a mostly classic server. It's like comparing Dark Souls to Mario 64.

17. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    well i am just stating my opinion on WHAT IF too many PQs are coming out, the joy of grinding will simply goes away. I am just stating what has happened before in original maple.

18. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    4:58 AM
    Paladin
    funny how that changed 2 years ago. i miss PQs in big bang now :(