1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed -147,500 Donor Cash on account. Changename request bug.

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Myrosb, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    12:14 PM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): When requesting to change my characters name through the in game @changename, I ended up processing requests and the service started subtracting -50,000 Donor Cash. I didn't believe this was actually removing this value from my account's cash. I found a name I liked, donated enough for 52,000 Donor Cash, and then checked my balance to find -147,500 Donor Cash. Now, in-game, I cannot enter the Cash Shop on the account that has the negative value. This is likely because the shop can't load in the negative number and crashes.
    What is supposed to happen?: I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a check in place to determine whether the account has enough Donor Cash to purchase the 20,000 or 50,000 name change. If there is, then nothing seemed to prevent me from occurring this negative amount on my account. If there isn't, then adding another step in the internal system to perform a check on the amount of Donor Cash in the players account should be added.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: When requesting a name change through the @changename command.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Unsure, I'm fairly confident I had around 50 donor cash left on my account from a previous transaction. To re-produce this bug I'm unsure if you need to have a certain amount of Donor Cash, however, simply request a name without the required amount of NX, and see if it removes the 50,000 from your account.
    Extra information (optional): I just previously processed a name change. I misspelt the name when doing so (which is dumb and my mistake) and so I am attempting to change the name again to something I intend. That name was processed and is now the live name on my character. I'm unsure if this has any impact or relation on the current bug I'm running into.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:14 PM
    Moderator Post
    Did you do everything you wanted to do though? I am not following this at all, but I believe we fixed the bugs that came with changes we made, but this topic by itself super confuses me. Please make a character issue thread with all proper info being the name you wanted name you changed to, and if you didn't wanted any of that still mention all that because I need to revert it.

3. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    I will make a character issue thread with as much relevant information as I can. I was recommended to make a bug report because this appears to be a bug.

The issue is I was able to process a name change without the proper funds on my account. (I didn't have enough donor cash). This caused my account to have -147,500 donor cash. The current name change request is all good and set, the problem is now that my account has -147,500 donor cash and I cannot enter the cash shop because of this.

-147,500 donor cash seems to be a bug in my opinion
    the ability to process a name change request into the system without the required donor cash to do so might be a bug

thats why I made this post and I apologize that it was confusing.

4. OP
    OP
    Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    While the name change is all sorted on my character and it has the right name, I do believe there is still a bug related to this and that labeling it as "closed" might not be appropriate.

I was able to process a name change request, and the game took away 50,000 donor points, without me having donor points. And this happened several times.

While this situation is rather peculiar, and its not a very common situation for your average maple legends player, I think that it should still be something that is considered a bug and should be fixed down the line when resources allow for it. This bug opens the book for a lot of issues for a player. With the negative donor cash I cannot enter the cash shop which is a huge part of the game. If I were to donate again, would it still be negative and I cannot use my donor cash again until I've donated enough to fix the negative balance?

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:14 PM
    Moderator Post
    Like I've asked to make a character issue thread. I don't wanna handle account-related issues in public, that's why it got closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.