1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

4th Job Warrior Rush Storybook

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sriemac, Aug 18, 2017.

Should it be made easier to receive the "Indecipherable Book" Storybook?

1. Yes, by increasing Taurospear spawn

36.3%
  2. Yes, by increasing the drop rate of the Storybook

22.5%
  3. Increase both spawn and drop rate

20.0%
  4. Should be left as-is

21.3%
  1. sriemac

sriemac Mano

Jun 19, 2017
    8:54 PM
    sriemac
    Paladin
    Essence
    Hi! I'd like to raise the idea of possibly making it a little easier to obtain the "Indecipherable Book" Storybook from Taurospears, which is required to start the quest to get the Rush skill book for warriors.
    I've heard a couple other 4th job warriors describing the process of getting the Storybook as tedious and soul-crushing, after they farmed it for 30 mins-2 hours. (With me myself posting this thread after farming for 4 straight hours on Taurospears with nothing to show for it. ._.)

The problem being is that the Taurospear spawn is INCREDIBLY low, with the drop rate of the storybook also being seemingly low. The only maps that naturally spawn them would be Dungeon:Sanctuary Entrance 3, and Sanctuary Entrance 5, with SE 5 being the better one of the two with a whopping 5 Taurospear on the map at any given moment, mixed in with a bunch of Cold Eyes and a couple of Tauromacis. They also spawn back kind of sluggishly too, though I can't tell you how long without sounding very biased.

I would like to suggest, if possible, that the Taurospear spawn either be tweaked to provide more chances to receive the storybook, or to increase the drop rate of the storybook. To how much it should be tweaked, I wouldn't know what rates would be fair, but I feel the current state of it feels a bit...tiresome. Mainly because I'm so unlucky that I haven't gotten anything in 4 hours straight... :S

Maybe I might be whining too much, but I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks. Of course I'll probably have it by the time this post is decided on anyway, but it'd probably be helpful for any other up-and-coming 4th job warriors. I've also added a poll.

(EDIT: I just got one after passing by the map on the way to Jr Rog by killing one Taurospear. Go figure.)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    4 Hours isnt even that bad.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:54 AM
    Beginner
    Shit.. I think I dropped that book at one point.

4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    6:54 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It was hard for me to get it aswell, but as hard as the game should be.

I recommend asking a friend to surf maps and channels woth you.
    Should take a maximum of 1 hour

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    what if you have no friends OnionCryRun

6. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    8:54 AM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    i had to farm for 2 days at wyverns for brandish 20...for a friend

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Brown Teddy

May 14, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Draft
    Hero
    Muse
    I farmed it for 4-5 hours to no avail, and can only thank CamilleCamille for helping me while I was offline. :) (To be honest, all about luck, someone got it on his first mob)

Anyways, I agree with the low drop-rate, but I think it should stay as it is. It brings out the challenge of getting Rush. Furthermore, if we were to adjust the drop-rate due to the stated reasons, it will just set a precedent for many other skill books. (For e.g. Brandish 20 - This is probably gonna take you a longer time)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    i hunt green storybook at shark/cold shark map from lv 121 to 123..not even drop 1..:confused:

9. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    Dazzle
    Magician
    i like the fact that skillbooks are a challenge to get, adds another dimension to 4th job that feels like an accomplishment. heck the feeling when i finally got Angel Ray after like 25 zak runs was really awesome.

10. OP
    OP
    sriemac

sriemac Mano

Jun 19, 2017
    sriemac
    Paladin
    Essence
    This is a pretty good argument against it, I hadn't even considered that. Judging by everyone else's responses, looks like it shouldn't be changed and I concede the point as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. SuperInferno

SuperInferno Mano

Jul 16, 2017
    Male
    7:54 PM
    SuperInferno
    Crusader
    Senpai
    Wow, I feel really good now. I was doing the Muirhat clean up quests and got a book drop.

12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Maybe sriemacsriemac would like to buy it from you

13. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    The low drop rate is fine, I just wish there were more taurospears to kill. Only 4 of them spawn at a time in these maps and it's very annoying, especially if you have 284578324765278345623784523467856738924652368459384573897456 cold eyes being spawned at a time. (not sarcastic, i counted this many when hunting taurospears)