1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A new teleport that can only purchased via DonorNX

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by biggerbang, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggerbang

biggerbang Red Snail

Apr 22, 2020
    Male
    3:08 PM
    Beginner
    This is a suggestion to slightly monetize the Donor NX to support ML server upkeep, etc.

The general idea would be a special teleport available in the Donor Cash Shop that allows teleports to certain towns only. They will have a saved list that will be pre-filled with all the towns available or maybe just a handful of community suggested ones. You cannot use these teleports to go directly to a person or save any specific maps but only being able to teleport to a pre-chosen list of towns. This would prevent the potential abuse of using these teleports to more efficiently camp bosses, etc.

I think this is a nice middle ground of not being abusable since teleporting to different towns on different continents would just be a means to bypass the boats and if you wanted to teleport directly to someone, you would still have to purchase the regular teleports via VoteNX in the shop after using one of these donor teleports.

I only bring up this suggestion with an intention of promoting the longevity of ML since I have noticed that since starting playing, I have purchased less and less donor NX over time after purchasing my cosmetics and pets. Having some sort of consumable like this would promote more purchases and therefore be more supportive to ML as a whole.

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    8:08 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Incentivizing any kind of ingame advantage, (no matter how small) with irl cash is a slippery slope.

• Agree Agree x 12
  3. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:08 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Hey man to add on to your suggestion.
    A teleport command to the donors only hangout Cafe.
    Custom coded statue of the donor's in-game avatar in the free market in order of who donated the highest.

Long live MapleLegends

4. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    4:08 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    This gets a negative from me unfortunately as one of the ML's core values is keeping the P2W aspect off its table.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:08 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    u know it's a bad thread idea when cakesogood's comment actually sounds kinda reasonable

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. cawa

cawa Red Snail

Sep 8, 2020
    Female
    2:08 PM
    Cawa
    Warrior, Beginner
    I feel like the only way something like this could be implemented and not be p2w is if it's a convenience option to replace the 6 existing Return Scrolls.

So purchasing the donor item would allow you to TP to Sleepywood, Henesys, Period, Lith, Kerning and Ellinia and save you from having to buy individual Return Scrolls to these towns; but I don't see this being a quality of life change that I'd pay real money for. Saving up Use slots is nice but doesn't seem like that big a difference to have a single stack of Return Scrolls vs having a single teleport item in Cash tab

7. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:08 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Great suggestion, but from my opinion, bad execution. like Cakeso mentioned anything that incentivises p2w goes agaisnt ML's founding principles. donors would clearly get an advantage if they are no longer required to use vote nx in order to tp. imo purely cosmetic is the best implementation of this system.

and besides, donations should be made not for any type of gain but purely because you want to support the server anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:08 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    my suggestions are always of great quality :oops:.

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:08 PM
    Moderator Post
    While I appreciate people thinking of ideas that could help the server, this is not the way to do it. Well, it could be, but not on this server.

Moving to denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.