1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Sweaty Journal...

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Subterlabor, Nov 2, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    5:57 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Only a coward would run
    :eyes:

someone tell DimezDimez the maple world needs him, we must rekinder the flame that blew out so long ago

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I just deemed this impossible in one of my latest runs without upgrading/leveling.

Since then I leveled once or twice but had nearly flawless gameplay throughout this run. The road to 6m HT dpm is done, now begins the 7m dpm attempt. Hopefully I can pass some more ws10 on my bow soon to help, this was with my 128/0 Engaw still. Just goes to show how significant +80 avoid+good head cancels is for a Bowmaster.

This also ended early... my previous best record was 5.6-5.8m. This ended 2* mins early working out to be 6.4-6.5m but it's on paper as 6.1m so I'll take it :^)
    Btw, whoever said shad's can't dpm are idiots. This was the fastest 12 man I've had in the past months. Time to rise up shads, reclaim your throne. :)

Mw30, HT Buff, Echo, Concentrate, Ciders, Event basket, one (1) brand-new shad
    [​IMG]

Clear time at 1:04
    [​IMG]
    Dpm test time
    [​IMG]

Party composition for the runs, Crab d/c'd during heads.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Well I figured since the servers are shut down (because of us lmao) I'd explain what Toilet has been doing for the past few months, and how we managed to bomb the servers kekw (sorry Kimmy)

Months ago Dud's separated from Toilet, leaving us basically with mule guilds in our alliance.

Since then we've done alot with Toilet. As we found ourselves recruiting random improv Horntail runs it started as 1-2 and blew up to be 5+ runs/week, sometimes pre+post reset on the same day. We soon realized we needed a discord to organize all these runs through. It started simply as a HT server, and blew up to be over 100+ people in literally a week. Every other day we needed to expand it to accommodate all the traffic that was pumping through it, further expanding each channel, changing things, brainstorming ideas on how to make it cleaner for runners to simply be able to see the current runs, sign and/or ask questions with the least trouble possible. When we started this our runs would instantly fill all slots within 2 hours for a 12 man run, we then decided to expand it to be Toilet's exclusive discord. Then it became an issue of time resources dealing with poorly designed (stolen) Horntail excel sheets. With help from many people including cereal boxcereal box and (others not on forums) there was probably 15+ hours invested into my HT sheet over the course of a few months for it to become what it is now. I had no idea how any of excel worked prior to starting these HT runs.

I still need to do more work for linking helpful HT guides for range players, and exclusively the Trinity Horntail guide with animated gif's for easy access to runners to visually look at. I've just been extremely busy with hosting+life the past week. I've become so swamped lately with multiple runs I still need to make SweatyHT1, SweatyHT2, etc just to handle multiple runs of splits at one time. My HT specific mule and my Bowmaster have both been loaded with cash lately from the past weeks runs that I need to pay out.

[​IMG]
    While all of the HT runs were still going the guild leader TommygunnerTommygunner and us juniors continued for a very long time prospecting guilds, with the idea of a potential merger behind the scenes.

Toilet itself is generally 10-20 people online at a time, but many of our main loyal "OG" players are on temporary breaks for irl reasons (needed to focus on school, some of our HT hosts are travelling for work etc)

There was a few very strong candidates where both guilds were interested in the idea, but there were complications that ultimately had that idea fall through. After months of sending out our "minions" to float around guild's to find similar guilds with the same values as us we landed on 2 main guilds, both with very strong potential for our people, but everytime there was more and more logistical delays.

During these struggles behind closed doors, we still kept pushing within our guild to better ourselves for our people, we've accomplished a lot for many of our "random" people that came in from smegas, answering their questions and pushing them to hit their goals. Giving out free mon's, Zhelms, discounted Mw20/Gen 30 books, and even recently a free HTP. We helped guide many of them from being a brand new player, to having 1000's of coins in net worth.
    [​IMG]

(This wand went +5/2 and is currently still on the market for 1700+ coins)

[​IMG]

It was a delicate balance because we didn't want to upset what we had, but we also knew that we needed to grow to be more than what we were. So there was alot of debating and pondering behind closed doors on how to address it. Ultimately we landed on Adobis, and Eternals for several significant reasons. While the juniors and leaders of these guilds knew, Adobis and Toilet had no clue this was happening. I kept dropping teasers in game and on our discord leading up to the news, but consistently got hit with delays.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally we got confirmation, and we kicked things off with a huge guild event (rip I didn't take any screenshots of it :deadge: )

[​IMG]

The basis of the event was as follows-

Once I started the event, I opened my store with the first riddle, each riddle referenced a map or NPC that had a mule with an Omok board. Each mule's store name had only one number/symbol, which spelled out the final location
    (FM store riddle)

Where did this all begin?
    How did I get here?
    Only a small time has passed, yet I've travelled so far
    If only I knew my way around, I could ask for help...

Lith Harbor - Store name 5

Who am I? I don't remember..
    I don't remember anything anymore, but they say they can help me
    To reclaim my memories, lost so long ago
    They guide me to the end, to the end of time itself
    There is so much more for me to do...

Temple of Time, Three Doors - Store name -

Who is this woman?
    Is she here to trick me?
    Why does she hide away in such a cold dark place?
    Maybe with time she can return to the surface once more...

Carta the Sea Witch - Store name 2

The walls around me burn, the land is rugged and crude
    I tread so lightly..
    With enough patience I know I can succeed, but this land is dangerous... I must be careful

Zak Prequest - Store name 1

He speaks of fellowship, so lost in our wars
    Fighting together, we grew stronger..
    We started small, and lost some along the way
    But together, we cut through the lines
    Powerful with numbers, yet united as one

Orbis NPC for creating guilds

You've come this far, but did you listen? - Store name Good Luck :) (lol this Omok was completely troll, but I needed a way to tell them to trace their steps if they didn't already figure it out. We were dropping hints like mad to help them on this part)
    All the answers, were in front of you, hidden
    If you are lost, get help with your friends
    Retrace your footsteps, and look once again

There was 2 people that blew through this in about 20-30minutes, the entire event was around 1 hour. One of them was smart enough to notice the stores spelling out a FM spot. He cheated once he saw "5-2x" and started checking every single 5-2x FM store until he found the final location.

Inside 5-21 was a store simply a mule store saying "Eternals+Adobis+Toilet are Merging"
    1st place paid out 12c
    2nd place paid 8c
    3rd place paid out 5c

Shortly after I released an explanation of why we chose this alliance.

[​IMG]

The initial hype was absolutely insane, I was stressed people would object to the merge, but it was completely the opposite. Everyone was incredibly excited and happy to have Eternals, Adobis and Toilet all within one group of people. When we joined with Adobis, it was a giant wall of green from all the people settling in right away :relief:

However, while this was happening, EndGEndG, leader of Adobis was still in Orbis trying to bring Eternals into the alliance, and he did, for a moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please que the server-wide WorldTree event.

[​IMG]

To summarize, End bombed the game, and temporarily shadow-banned 800+characters.

./thread

[​IMG]

(We got a follow up after the staff terminated our alliance that suggests the issue might've actually player count within the alliance exceeding the total capacity of the client. Excessive memory usage was the cause of the crash)

When Eternals joined the alliance, everyone got the message about it and immediately bricked every single person that was online within ANY of the guilds in the alliance.

[​IMG]

First we were hopeful....

[​IMG]

Then we were nervous....

[​IMG]

Then Kimmy single handedly crushed everything we had worked so much for (jk)

[​IMG]

Sadness swept across our guild, we had been stripped of our green text, and slowly as we trickled back into the game we thought it was over for us. Expecting weeks of staff work to solve the issue with a new patch, many of us felt hopeless. We just found new friends within Adobis, and only minutes after that everything was taken away... a day went by... but then, out of the darkness, a light appeared

(come to) PastaPasta stepped in to save us, and thus, we were reunited once more.

[​IMG]

Soon, Eternals shall join us again to form the now renamed BurningTree Alliance (yes, we actually renamed it that as tribute to this giant shitstorm of events lmao)

[​IMG]

Thank you to all the staff that got us through this. It's been a hell of an event

[​IMG]

kekw

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. oldkev

oldkev Mano

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    7:57 AM
    oldkev
    Shadower
    hey thats me :kek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    did I ever pay you for the "cheating" win I cant remember LOL

6. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I made it, I can't hit any higher than this. I can finally quit the game
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. oldkev

oldkev Mano

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    7:57 AM
    oldkev
    Shadower
    you didn't but its okay, the participation prize was good enough

8. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    :)

[​IMG]

9. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    SweatyHT has brought up yet another bishop : proud dad : :p

I was originally signed as SE but got this message not long after. I backfilled a replacement SE and came on my bishop as a 3rd bish to help train in a way he could be replaced if we burnt through our Res reserves (we never did)
    During these training runs I stay out of party (unless some kind of danger is lurking and I need to play damage control) and the training bishop collects 50% of my splits as the Host.

(I got permission to post all these)

[​IMG]

Run 1 he did great, I showed him the basics and he took instructions and performed incredibly well, not enough of a challenge. So run 2 I decided we'd do arms strat, and attempt to intentionally cause triple darks. Since this is where skilled bishops shine the most, and its valuable learning on how to manage double/triple waves of darks at a time, crucial in botch runs where one bishop dies/dc's.

I think I may continue this in the future, its a very good way to learn wyvern control.

[​IMG]

I instructed cleave party to stay on left side, and range party to stay on right side and go full dpm to attempt to cause triple darks, sadly right head died fast as fuck because of all the NL's LOL

[​IMG]

Both runs he never missed HS, never died, and showed good wyvern control in run 2. I'm impressed :)

[​IMG]

If any new bishops are wanting to learn Horntail, feel free to discord me. Thirty30Birds. I'll see if I can fit you into a run :) This was actually alot of fun to just bullshit around and intentionally put pressure on the new bishop. Run 1 he had help in preheads, run 2 I told sed bish no helping, he solo's and the bish just went ahhhh shit :D

I also finally got around to adding in some helpful guides on our discord that was utilized by some people immediately. Included were gifs for HT animations, and showing new cleavers how to hit mid head consistently from the right side.
    I also linked the HT Trinity guide, Sedentarily's Shadower Bossing Guide, and both of Skarmory's BM guides. The goal with these is less about "Peak dpm gameplay" and just answering some very common questions I get about positioning, etc for BM/range players.

(If anyone has suggestions for valuable guides to add please let me know, it would be nice to get one for each class that needs it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fin

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
  10. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    [​IMG]

Timeless Engaw ws10 1/11

Money farmed through 6-12man HT primarily

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    As I continue to progress my BM, I keep running into the same issue, time. I don't have enough time to really progress in this game, not at the pace I'd like anyways.

[​IMG]

I'm continueing my push for 7m HT dpm, and at this point level 200. Pushing my BM to the edge of normal party configurations, I think 6.7-6.8m dpm is my upper limit right now, although I haven't had a clean dpm test to put the numbers down. Constant crashing in HT, bad cancels, botch runs (from people crashing usually) has left the HT dpm in shambles lately. I think I'm 12/14 HT entries now where atleast one person has crashed, atleast it hasn't been me lately since playing in windowed mode.
    [​IMG]

This was a sloppy run for my gameplay/cancels, yet a PR. I would have liked it to have lasted longer but the run took much longer than estimated. Makes me think with clean gameplay much higher is possible. Windowed mode has taken a toll on my gameplay on right head/momentum buffering, full-screen mode is a guaranteed crash for me. My HT prehead dummy dpm is 9.1m, which puts my BM efficiency around 72%, compared to PR runs where I've achieved 76%~ I think I need glasses irl, lol.

[​IMG]

Factoring my time management for gameplay, I'm kind of in a bind.

I host 1-2 12 man runs/week, every week, I try to fit in 6 man HT runs during the week/after my 12 man runs, which leaves me at the rng of Horntail's drops. If I have time afterwards I try to do Cwkpq/duo Zak etc but it's dependant on how much energy I have, which lately is very low. (Jan/Feb I was down for weeks for Covid, then switched to nightshift, now I'm sick again from my kids being a disease factory. GG)

12 man HT historically is poor ev, with 6 man being slightly better, but still not the greatest. I mainly do the 12 man runs to give our newer players in Toilet something to look forward to, it's a fun time to spend together and with our new alliance it's almost entirely Eternals/Toilet members filling the runs. :) Sadly our reign of 6 man splits came to an abrupt end in the past weeks, what were normally 30-70m splits in a 12 man run, have tanked down to 2m splits. It's directly killed my ws10 project in its tracks.

During my work week I can't really do content, but I usually have 1-3 hours at a time to play games, although rarely consistent. So these hours are poor for trying to do content/sell leech, but good for something else.

If you can't beat them, join them

Enter Sweat multimage arc. I've halted all production on my Bow and funnelled all of my resources into getting a multimage farm to 120 asap. Currently they have no equips funding, but 3 of the accounts are sitting on 1.1m nx, and one account has 800k nx. Since this servers bossing ev is so trash pre-pb I get left with little choice, I could sell leech yes, but again my irl schedule/obligations directly hinder that. 1h Skele has proven to be a complete scam for meso/hr

Since the downfall of dk mules, ulu1/ulu2 has become so excessively contested it's over-saturated with sellers, so it's basically extinct in terms of leeching. Filling a party with 5 leechers takes hours at a time, usually leaving you with subpar-hs bonus for much of the leech session. With the downfall of Ulu2 I've considered selling my female 21 int overall, 9 int rac mask, and 18 earrings since these basically sit on mules currently and my bishop doesn't need it for 1h skele. She has higher tma items to use instead. The extra funds would expedite my push to 120 with these characters, once I can get them to wrs/cds the exp is much more efficient, so I can get better use of my time self leeching them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sure the ign's will get leaked at some point, there are quite a few people that already know. I've decided to save all gachapon until these reach level 120. All gach (provided I can avoid the urge to cash in lol) will be saved on Dexedrine, since she will be doing most if not all of the self leech. I estimate I'll have around 350-400 gach once these mages are done, depending how much leech I buy from others.

This is what I have as of now

[​IMG]

That's all for now, with a warning to the wise, don't try to respond to fartsyfartsy with ^________________^ on smega. You will get banned

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    d/c's lately got me like...... :facepalm:

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Considering how easy this is I'm gonna try to do more of it to maximize my time, Progressing 6 different chars all at the same time. Annoyingly all my clients except for 1 crashed overnight though, so time for fresh windows install.

Also for the keen eye my arch mage isn't at 30k because I got bored and dumped like 200k nx into hp washing it. It doesn't get played much but I've been trying to work on it more, so it has around 50-60 resets or something to spend right now for MP washing back up to 30k

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  14. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Weekend filled with content, Did 6 man HT, then cwkpq (1 run failed from d/c sigh) then duo'd scar to get our noob chars some helms with ScrambleEgg. I managed to scroll this

3x30 3x70 1x60.

Not bad. rip the str. Should do me well until Auf helms. Still have yet to break a 40 stat item. My BM helm 38 dex, OA is 38 stat, this helm 39 accuracy, ggs. This was the 3rd helm I looted in run 1 of the Scar helm attempts. Next week we start duoing Targa for our NL's
    [​IMG]

I also managed to make this, that's a upgrade for my BM also lol, his was only 5 dex since it was hardly worth scrolling for realitically a 3 dex gain (I wanted 8 but settled for less with dark scrolls at 9m/e)

[​IMG]

This lead on to me borrowing some gear from a hero friend, and seeing if my Paladin is actually playable with 200+ int

[​IMG]

Point proven I guess. Rav solo at my level gets me around 6-7%/kill, pretty good.

This accuracy is with basically no mask, unfinished helm during this ss, no shoes, and shit earrings. When I was resetting MP>stats I went with 3x dex thinking I'd struggle for accuracy but it's been the opposite. With my current gears (and some crappy shoes) I have 195 accuracy without Mw20/Bless etc. Unbuffed accuracy, so I have too much

I'll start funding this char with some basic gear so I can stop borrowing top/bot/sword and likely leech this to 135 asap for Zak/Krex etc. It'll be nice to have another character to play so my BM can finally retire in Cwkpq/6 Man HT runs. Just being able to use pots while attacking was a bizarre feeling for me.

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:57 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if 7f is a option to you pally, It will be u best bet

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It was a thought but atm I dont have HH or Acb. Need to do some questlines+zak runs for it

Currently I havd Blast 30 Rush 1 and 11 SP hangin out

17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:57 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    oh, i think even with only acb u can do it faster than leech..

on my pally i maxed acb then blast, but, i only tried 7f with hammer 15 or so

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Decided I might start recording how many swords I boom to gear this Paladin. Current goal is a 130 Claymore although this may change.

110 Claymore 43.4m (14c) (Didnt take pics)
    +2 boomed

19. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    One less goal to achieve, bish is still tier 2 rn gg

J>6 man ht