1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add daily challenges to HP challenges after level 180

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Mageor, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    1:58 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Hi staff, I think the new HP challenge system is a great step for new and old players alike to enjoy playing the game during all stages of the game and not having to resort to the “feature”, HP/MP washing in order to participate in late game content.

A problem I foresee that this system will face is that players who commit to this new system will forever be bounded to reliance on hyper body for late game content and might deter some from participating in this amazing system.

I believe that I can improve this system by adding a daily challenge that players can perform post-Level 180 and continue to earn HP until they become totally unbounded from hyper body. This number can be 30,000 for melee , 15,000 for shadowers, 20,000 for ranged attackers, 4000 for mages. Although I am aware of the fact that HP items do exists such as the Tier-10 ring and pet HP equipments. I like to believe that this change can improve overall quality of life and allow more room for class balance changes.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:58 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    in my opinion I still believe that in the (maybe not so) distant future, the server will have a medal and a dojo, and with the medals and belt the challenge will be perfect

3. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    If you get rid of HB, you get rid of the need for DKs. DKs will becomes unviable and unwelcome for late game content. It also reduces the risk and skill ceiling for late game content where the risk of dispel is present.

I think the challenge as it stands is well balanced. IMO, you should just live with the fact that you'll have to make friends with some DKs if you want to run late game content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Tbh, I'd just go with HP washing its the best way to get our targeted HP without any problems because people would most likely hate ranged characters regardless and if we ranged players have more HP than the "unhealthy" challenges HP cap people would just hate us even more.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    but this is precisely the point of the challenges, you have hp to do all the game content, not necessarily to have hp to do the content comfortably

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I am someone who has a DK, BM, Bucc, Sair, Paladin, Bishop, all of which are 20k+ HP and do not rely on HB. I can do any small content I want while providing myself with any buff I see fit. If I want slightly more health, I'll bring my own DK. Being "reliant" on DK is not a problem for me. This suggestion is primarily for those who are less fortunate/lazier to wash or make their own hyper body "mule."

However, as a player, I do not favor the current HB interaction (again none of my characters require HB to survive any boss, even Pink Bean). There is very little counter play or skill if your survivability is based off other people's attentiveness to rebuff. Even if you can dodge some "skill shots", MapleLegends is an old school game with very little character mobility that enables players to consistently dodge boss attacks.

As of this posting, the only player skill gameplay I can think of is DR (damage reflect), DP (dispel), Sed (PB musical notes), some predictable boss attacks (Bergamot, nameless), boss defense up (reduce the physical damage boss receives).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:58 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    As another drk player, usually reason I was wanted was not because of survivality which means, being oneshotted by bosses, but because of QoL for 'more HP for narrowly-washed chars'.
    (exception was PB which hits so hard).

I don't think giving 20k to range players 'removes' need of drk. ofc, way lesser dependant for drk because at least 20k guys 'can do' any bosses w/o HB, but that doesn't makes HB completely useless, in wise of QoL and efficient potting. (especially, no need to farm PE for every weeks run)

As long as once player decide to do 'challenge', that char gets 'handicapped' for being blocked from washing - this is quite huge penalty, compared with heavily washed chars. I don't think it's a good idea to double handicap someone by 'restricted by max 12k hp' + 'not even able to breakthrough that limit' because it's still HB-relient and have no other choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    4:58 PM
    Being dependent on HB is good exchange for not needing years of hyperwashing and being able to enjoy 1st to 3rd job. I think the HP challenge structure as proposed is good as it currently stands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    10:58 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Just make the daily challenge reward the player with a temporary additional 30% maxHP until reset that stacks with HB or whatever.

10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  11. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    10:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    The goal of the Challenge system is to enable all of the content to be done without the need to HP wash, but it also does not aim to be the sole focus of any HP needs. Warriors HP, for example, is set to reach 27k, which can be extended by completing the Monster Book Ring (up to 1000 extra HP), wearing other HP equipment such as Event-related items (the current Pendant gives 500 extra), Ellin Ring (100), hats, capes, and whatever else may come in the future.

Adding extra permanent base HP content is not currently something we're looking for, so I will mark this as denied.
    Adding extra HP content in general, however, is not excluded for the future; but let's first see how the impact of the HP challenges live will be.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2