1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add more grinding options for lvls 30-70

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RT, Nov 12, 2020.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:49 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2020-11-14_9-57-2.png

Taken on 4/20/20.

This was pre-SI nerf with solo HS, SE, and SI, and it was EPM1, so it's probably closer to 3-4m eph consistently. New players most likely won't be able to reach this eph or this or stomach the pot costs, but the alternatives are there.
    700k eph is low. I was getting around 500k on my lvl 40 fire mage using fire arrows at STDs.

upload_2020-11-14_10-6-47.png

2. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    7:49 AM
    I went normal amplifiers at lvl 54 and fancy ones ~60 though. That being said, it's still a good place to train during the first 10+ lvls after 3rd job.

3. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    7:49 PM
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    I mean obviously only an I/L could get that epm regardless.. but point taken. I need to try mannies again

4. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Fog is also significantly buffed if you are a non cleric mobbing class. Paired with muirhats questline is solid xp. Most mini boss quests offer great xp too. Master chronos are a solid option plus they drop elixirs and helm for dex 60.
    Roids, mu lung area, STDs, muddy banks(also comes with quests in the area), saitis, skeleton commanders, kru/captains, mutaes, voodoos, truckers, jars(have a decent quest too)

There are actually so many viable options.

I do agree that running into channels full of leechers is annoying but those are not your only options. Fighting over a GS map is not that efficient(or fun), my main didnt level there at all. Also consider 3 person party grinding at mp3. You are less likely to find leechers there, plus it's faster than soloing any gs map, even without hs. Dont underestimate partying up. 35-75is a great time to explore and is when I did about half of my card hunting(although this is difficult if you are a cleric, in that case a lot of these options are not great) WR also has a buffed map located above the leecher map where you wont run into any bishops. Best of luck

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    700k EPH means you're killing 454 mannequins in an hour, or about 8 mannequins a minute. A new player should be able to do much, much more than that. The aggro changes also made mannequins much better suited for single-target range attackers as long as they can 2-shot them. If they can't tank mannequins, they can even go to the map before and grind on perfumes.
    Taipei 101 is busted with the HP-EXP ratio.

Edit:
    Just ran a quick test with my naked MU mule. One attempt, no planning or map optimization, just mindless attacking on the bottom platform with Lucky 7. A non-naked level 60 sin/hunter should be able to reach these numbers very easily.

upload_2020-11-14_10-40-21.png

6. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    I will say after some testing myself... those areas are too much for a lvl 61 brawler. I have a zhelm and a pretty good maple weapon and I can barely hit kid mannies. I do appreciate everyones input on the thread tho... but I stand by my initial point that there are not great options for the outlines level range

7. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Oh you are brawler? Go to fog for sure the spawn is insane. Also doubles as one of the best candy farming maps for event ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:49 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This depends on type of class, of course. But warriors/thieves/pirates can actually do *far* better on Cheap Amplifiers than on gs2 after like 60-63.

WR becomes viable at like 60 for ranged classes.

Roids become viable at like 55-60 for a few classes too.

9. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:49 AM
    I realised I phrased what I initially wrote badly but when I said 3.2m epm 5 I meant I did a epm 5 and got 3.2m predicted eph.

I did have my personal hs mule though but we’re still looking at easily 2.5m + solo without one which is much better than grinding at gs2 as long as you can stomach the pot cost.

10. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Actually Roids and Neo Huroids are lvl 54 and 58 respectively. They could actually be a decent alternative to GS and FoG. The only issue is that the map has a boss that you can't hit.

11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    But you can hit it... You just need to basic-attack the reactor before it lets you hit it LOL

12. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I had no clue lol Then that map may very well be a good grind spot

13. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I think they should add Monster Carnival level 30-50 nice and fun alternative

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Wintrade PQ will not be added :)

15. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    Yeah Monster Carnival isn't the answer, but a lot of good advice in this thread appreciate it guys. Still generally would like to see internet cafe buffed... think its a really fun mechanic. Funny enough I'm 70+ now so I'll have to try these spots next go around.