1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjust Mr. Shim's Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicholas, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    1:01 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Hi,
    I'm currently writing a comprehensive quest-leveling guide, and have recently posted the guide from 1-35. I am currently working on 35-40, which will be done very soon. Once players reach level 37 they will unlock the Korean Folk Town Quests, among which is the level 35 Mr. Shim's Request quest. This quest asks the player to obtain 300 State-held rices from the Retz mob in Helios tower. This makes this quest perhaps the most tedious low-level quest, giving it an unacceptably low return on the time investment. The comparison is even more striking when compared to the other Korean Folk town quests. I suggest reducing the number of items required from 300 to 100, which would still mean it would take a good amount of time to complete, but would be completable by all characters, unlike some Korean Folk Town quests.

I also wanted to mention that I am not proposing this change because I need it in my questing guide, as the guide will bring players to level 40 without completing this quest. This is is just for the sake of the quest being fair and worth doing for players at level 35.

2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:01 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Honestly I don't think this quest as really that bad, since IIRC the rice has 100% drop rate so you basically just have to kill 300 Retz. A lot more quests are even more tedious and give even less returns.

3. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I am not arguing that it is the most tedious quest or the quest with the least return. I am arguing that it is a quest which is not really worth completing, because it is generally not worth a player's time to kill 300+ retz, and that this shouldn't be the case. I believe the quest would be worth doing given the above solution, especially since it could be reasonably paired with the Cleaning up Helios tower quest.

I have posted a separate thread suggesting low-return quests be fixed in general by increasing their individual rewards. I believe all of the content in MapleLegends should be as meaningful as possible as I believe this improves the server and provides new ways to play the game.

4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:01 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    LF>Quest Balance Committee

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Rather than changing quest requirements, I think it's better to just give more EXP from them instead.

6. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I think increasing reward is usually the better option for most quests which need improvement, but for this quest in particular, 300 is an egregious quantity and it should be lower.