1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent earrings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    4:16 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    That happened quite a while ago since the gap wasn't nearly that when I joined in ~March; they were much more similar to what they are now. Prices dipped due to the huge population boom and a ridiculous amount of everything popping off of stuff like Gach, and with 90% of the population being newer players, noone having the mesos to pay the outrageous prices that were the standard of the low-pop days.
    The Gach changes that have been made lately were mostly to buff Hunting Gach while nerfing ''Vote2win'' from people just funding themselves through Cash Gach. Every recent changes to these were announced. I might be missing your point here, though!

No, we didn't discuss this yet.
    I personally think that there's some definite issues with 1);
    During the Agent item, to get the final item (Shoes), you needed to have all the other permanent items. This means that if we had decided to just make them untradeable and kept it unchanged, people who still had those from last year's could use them to skip most of the questline (Which was pretty time-consuming) to get their item.
    There's also the fact that, as the event was, you have ONE shot at landing good Chaos Scrolls. If you were unlucky and your first one decreased your relevant stats to zero on your shoes/earrings, then, too bad, better luck next year. I don't think this is something we want to repeat, especially not as the way to get best-in-slot items; they were frustrating for players last summer, and I'm sure a repeat would be even worse. It needs reworking/rebalancing; taking decisions now based on the future Summer event is no good, in my opinion.

Thank you for adding suggestions though ❤

Fan project or not, this is a server people have donated for to keep going, that people have invested thousands and thousands of hours into to play.
    It's not wrong for people to feel like they're owed something/they're getting screwed when decisions like these are made. The fact that this is a fan project makes player feedback that much more important; Big companies have the finance departments and community managers raising huge red flags to the top brass who will come kick you and your team's ass if you make dumb decisions and release dumb shit. If players don't tell us we've made a mistake and they feel like we owe them something for it, who will?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:16 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I honestly think you haven't been around long enough to make a lot of these statements. Yes, this is a fan based project. But you'd be surprised at how much private servers can rack-up through donations.

There was an incredible amount of push back when these items were first announced. All the concerns were summarily ignored and the perma agent items were added to the game. So people adapted and worked around the fact that they were going to be permanent. If it was ever even in question whether or not these items should have been permanent, then the change should have been made immediately or at the very least the community shouldn't have been mislead.

Sure, the staff have every right to do whatever they want, but you can't have a server without players. The player base has already been bleeding steadily due to a string of poor decisions by the staff. To say the opinion of the community doesn't and shouldn't hold any weight whatsoever is pretty ignorant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    would hate to be in your shoes rn

Points have been made regarding current and future decisions, hopefully in the future there is sufficient feedback that is taken into consideration before balance decisions are made. There's not much that can be done about what is already done (lol), but definitely some compensation would not be too out of line for the ridiculous items that are agent earrings.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    But you knew that it was a mistake, and I'm not ignoring that you have acknowledged it. Otherwise you wouldn't expect backlash. And I am one of the many that have donated to the project. I understand that player feedback is a needed element in a project like this, but is that really what's going on? It is a lot of people talking without any real solution being presented, and when one is, it is instantly disagreed with by the same people that present no real solution.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:16 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    I mean sure, if Kim decided to close down ML tomorrow and wipe all our characters and such then that's the end of it, we can't say anything about it can we? However, the issue i have a problem with is the fact that this agent equipment decision is for the greater good for the server. How ironic is it that it comes at the expense of dedicated players that have stuck with the server the longest?

What do you mean we can't state if it's good enough or not, with no community there is no server. Making decisions that completely and utterly screw over certain dedicated players is something that we, the community simply has to accept because this game is fan made project? If the GMs don't give a flying fuck about the server then sure, no need to think about the community at all and we players won't ask for anything, or even be here for that matter.

I'm sorry but you clearly have no understanding of how it feels to be placed in such a situation; and even though this sound's pretty bad, i honestly wouldn't expect a lvl62 assassin to even remotely understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Making time a factor into what people have what voice, and what material in what comments is relevant is certainly a good way to things.

7. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    The point is because you weren't around when the stuff happened, you wouldn't have any context into why the backlash is seemingly more severe than it "should" be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    10:16 AM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    A very justified backlash about this topic imo.

This could have simply be prevented by presenting a solid compensation for the players that have bought these items. Keeping the items alive for 1-1.5 years or swapping them out after they expire in a few months for a replaceable earring 10-15 stat depending on how godly your earrings were sounds really fair and would certainly make players less upset about their earring purchases.

Releasing the items was a mistake, but deciding to announce removing them like this without a compensation plan is even worse.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    I think things are getting a bit heated right now, lemme reiterate the point of this thread .

This thread is meant to discuss a possible solution to appease everyone if possible or if not a compromise that the staff are willing to allow.

I understand that yatayata opinion is that no compromise or compensation is really needed as ultimately it's up to the game moderator decision.

I also understand the opinions that Franco deserves to be compensated due to the hard work that he has put in to earn the meso.

Shall we agree that these two points are directly conflicting and move on?

YatayataYatayata, yes it's up to the staff, but we can always discuss and hope for possible solutions that the staff may not have thought of

FrancoFranco and ghost, if ultimately there is to be no compromise, I do feel bad for you but it may be for the best of the community?

However lets hope for a solution yeah? And keep this thread on track :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:16 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    This is going to be my last post directed to you since it is getting way off topic. My point is to show that those unaffected will simply not understand or sympathize with those that are affected. Those who have not gone through the hard work and dedication will not understand how this decision affect it's victims. Your opinion matters, but a lot of your words simply bear no weight.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    If you think that the account I decide to use as my forum account is the only character I have, bad assumption. Also, not important.
    Community is important, it does make a project like this function, but during these "discussions" I have not seen the community act as such.

This is happening right now, and I am around for it right now.

Feedback being ignored in certain events and content changes
    Time taken to correct issues.
    Miscommunication from staff.
    Lose of time/meso/items.

Am I missing anything there? I didn't need to be present during the problems to see that they exist.

I would like to do that also, but yeah..

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    I mean you can just stop replying...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    MOVING ON~~~~~~~

Are there any suggestions that I've missed out and/or anything anyone wanna add

Possible solutions so far

1. Make it untradable (no because it makes agent shoes easily gotten)
    2. Compensation (donor nx and nothing that benefits the user in min/maxing)
    3. Removing earrings in 6 months
    4. Removing earrings in 1 year from announcement
    5. Nerfing the current agent earrings (hard to decide what stats should be given)
    6. Wipe (-.-)
    7. Refund earring and - 100m from cost and give back 13 dex earrings
    8. Remove and apply for compensation
    9. Trading agent earrings for a nerfed stats earring
    /SPOILER]

Some of the issues raised and my opinion in brackets

1. 25-30 stats ain't significant (trust us, it is LOL)
    2. Staff delayed answers (we got it, staff fucked up, moving on)
    3. Horrible balance (we got it, staff fucked up and learnt hopefully, moving on )
    4. Previously op earrings are sold for op-er earrings which turned out to be temporary (something really needs to be done to address this especially with the inflation)
    5. Probably stuff that I missed out, someone lmk and I'll edit the first post later

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Yes, those are the problems present. Being around for this particular instance wouldn't show you exactly just how many times this sort of stuff has happened in the past. People are frustrated that certain members of the staff doesn't seem to learn from their mistakes. Every time it's the same song and dance. In fact, they've found a new way to disappoint this time by making an even poorer decision to try and fix a bad decision from the past.

15. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I understand it is frustrating, so lets work together to find a solution that will work. Not find one that will make everyone happy because nothing will, but find one that will work to keep the community going.

16. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    3:16 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    [​IMG]

I dropped 2.1bil on these. I am very upset with this decision. Lf>2.1bil compensation. Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    10:16 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Making them permanent but untradable is unfair and would give the people who has the earrings an advantage others cant compete with.

I feel we got 3 options here:

1. Keep earrings permanent, still tradeable. GMs dont want this, but thats on their poor judgement for adding them in the first place. Not our problem.

2. Remove all earrings, no compensation. This will satisfy the GMs but the community will start raging like they are now. Imo this is even more of a bad choice as this is not something people will forget.

3. Remove earrings, people apply for compensation. This is gonna be a shitload of work and nearly impossible to get right as people need proof on what they paid/sold to get the earrings.

I believe number 3. Would be the best choice if possible. But i really think it aint. Therefor it has to be either 1. Or 2. Which is gonna split the community in some way anyways.

If i were a GM and cared about the server and its future i say swallow my pride, keep earrings and just pretend like it never happen just like a shitty one night stand ending with gonorea.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    Marksman
    I’ll just copy and paste what I’ve written on the other thread as a possible and small (imo very small) compensation.

“Just a humble suggestion: Perhaps it is possible to look into extending the duration of the current agent items to expire around the same time as the next batch of agent items? Justification below:

Some form of balance can be created from this chain of thought:
    1) New agent items from the upcoming event will now have an expiry date of 1 year as per other event items
    2) For the sake of ensuring fairness as the oldagent items do not have an expiry date, we will be imposing a similar feature to them
    3) Therefore both agent items will expire around the same time.

It gives players whom have invested time and effort into their current agent gears a form of compensation (longer duration on their gears); thus we adopt a perspective that their agent gears will now; 1) be in-lined with the server direction and; 2) be balanced with what the newer players will ultimately be receiving.”

Thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    1:16 AM
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    1. It's not our problem but sadly, objectively, these earrings are too OP and will be expired.

2. Will show GMs care more about server than community.

3. It's a shitload of work, but if you dug yourself a hole you have to get yourself out... Ghost had a good idea about it
    Make a baseline of that and work on balancing it. Remember we still have a couple of months to work together, community and GMs, to make a guideline but it's gonna require a lot of patience (rip).

• Agree Agree x 2