1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow the use of 'Regular Store Permit' in Henesys and/or anywhere.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FxckBanshee, Apr 28, 2021.

Would you like to see this added?

1. Yes

40.7%
  2. Yes (New Item)

7.4%
  3. No

51.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:55 AM
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    DISCLAIMER: I am talking about allowing the Regular Store Permit, not the Hired Merchants.

This idea actually comes from an old MMO that I used to play when I was younger called Asda Story, which allowed players to set up their own little shop anywhere on the map. The most popular places where people set up stores were of course the main cities, but some people would also set up shop outside of dungeon entrances where they would sell potions and buff-scrolls.

Basically, what I am suggesting is that we allow players to use the 'Regular Store Permit' outside of the Free Market. This would allow people to set up shop in towns such as Henesys (which could help with this problem), or even other locations that do not contain any monsters.

A better alternative would be a new item similar to the 'Regular Store Permit which allows players to set up shop anywhere for an hour. This would combat the problem of people setting up shop in towns and AFKing for days on end, as it would require them to be active and re-open the store once it closes.

Let me know what you all think. I personally miss the days where Henesys was full of people selling and trading items and think that this suggestion could add some much needed traffic to towns.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Bro no.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:55 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    When you just trying to owl items and it warps you across the maple world. :(

• Like Like x 5
  4. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    yooo bro imagine selling red snail shells at amherst broooo

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I think this would cause Henesys to become very cluttered with stores. Muh nostalgia RUINED

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    3:55 AM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I don't think there'd be any reason to set up shop anywhere outside of FM. If I owl for a scroll that is priced 5% more but in FM rather than outside of vic, I think I'd always choose the more expensive one out of convenience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:55 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't think thats the main issue.

main isssue is Owl will become the cheaper VIP Teleport Rock. And now lvl200s can go back to henesy.

Edit: typo, not henesy but maple island

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I don't think teleporting is a real concern. Owls don't let you teleport to the shop unless you're in the same channel. It could be set up in a way where you teleport only if you're in the FM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Permits do not show on owls.

EDIT: Actually I am not sure if that is still the case.

10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Just wondering but suppose there is no way of allowing owls to show where the store is when you're in the same channel as the store other than the name of the store if it's in there?

Other than teleporting to it of course but often you'd want to check multiple stores and pick up 1 or 2 scrolls per store.

this is a non-issue but mainly wondering if it's something where any quality of life thing could be changed for it to show the location always.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I mean, where would this even be useful, besides at poverty dragon? every other map is FM-able. There's a few boss maps that disable fm, but what's the point of a store there.

12. OP
    OP
    FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    I was most thinking in the direction of allowing it in Henesys/towns, where it could be a nice addition for people who quickly wanna sell a few items. Back in the day you could go to Henesys and there would be multiple people in Henesys spamming "S> Lorem ipsum dolor | TRADE ME". Lower leveled and/or newer people who weren't trading in the millions yet would have a chance to buy and sell stuff to and from other people, without the hassle of finding the only free spot in channel 6 room 10 of the free market.

The free market is dominated by a handful of people who have multiple characters, clients, and hired merchants, leaving other (lower leveled, newer, single-character) people with no efficient way to sell or trade their items besides going to an NPC. There's no point in going to the free-market and attempting to buy/sell your item in chat as 90% of the people are AFKs with chalkboards.

Like I said, the best course of action would be an item that allows the creation of a shop for 30-minutes to and hour. People could set up a shop in Henesys for an hour, and passer-by's could check out the shop when the are in Henesys and potentially purchase something.

EDIT:
    It seems like people aren't too keen on the idea, so feel free to close this thread or deny the suggestion if need be.

13. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:55 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't see how this solves anything nor do I even understand what the issue is. Owls exist so its not like your store will never sell things if its in a channel besides 1. The goal of the town feedback thread is to make them more lively, not just another afk FM? We already have that. #free-market on the discord exists so I don't see the point in having a place to spam S>MY THING@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@.

When FM ch 1 was the hub spot for chatting, game stores were banned on the bottom floor to avoid blocking chats. Since the permits block chat as well, and if this becomes popular after implementation, how does this not just absolutely kill Henesys as the social hub people are trying to turn it into, as well as hurt the suggestions in that feedback thread?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    That's a valid point. Like I said, I felt like this could be a nice alternative to the overly polluted and dominated free-market, but you make a fair point. I guess I was just under the blissfully pure impression that people weren't going to abuse the system and absolutely demolish Henesys with multi-client stores, but rather just set up a small store every once in a while.

This thread can be closed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:55 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    u can use one owl to locate the guy's channel, and another owl to teleport to him. and is still cheaper den using a VIP rock

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    7:55 PM
    Closing thread -as requested by OP.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.