1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Customers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KOSEM, Apr 1, 2015.

1. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    4:55 AM
    I hope nobody minds if I vent my anger here over this. I keep encountering this during my day job, and I fail to get used to something this...annoying.

I work at a super market job involved with many people. At times I am being yelled at, even just because I was seconds too slow to perform an action during my day job, or put/organized merchandise not 100% the way the customer wanted it to be. I hate how many customers at supermarkets want to be perfectionists when it comes to this, you know? They expect me to be the perfect guy who's got a halo above his head as if he was sent by God to do everything perfectly without flaws. Come on, nobody's perfect, yet these people fail to realize it. They expect too much, when in the end it is me trying to do my job properly, and they dont seem to appreciate that much. I'm not saying ALL customers are like this, but, those with this annoying personality in them that makes them demand so much from me as if I am under obligation to do things 100% perfect - I am under obligation to do my job, NOT under obligation to do everything perfect. There is NO SUCH THING as perfect, yet that's what they think, and that's what these people expect from me, to do everything perfect. And it doesnt help when you try tell them to lower their expectations, that I'm just a normal dude, that I'm imperfect etc. - they dont accept that as an "excuse" for my imperfection, you know? Like I am getting tired of them trying to make it as if I am under obligation to do everything perfect. My only obligation is to do what I need to do the best I can. The bosses understand this, that I can only do the best I can, NOTHING PERFECT, but the customers are the ones that fail to understand this...shitty, right?

Anyone else interested to vent their anger from day jobs? I just did, and already feeling better...Come feel at home here.

2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:55 AM
    Working for and serving nice people/customers is great, they make you want to do your best.

But it sucks when you have to deal with assholes. Some people are overly demanding and absolutely horrible :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    7:55 PM
    NSFW
    What sucks is that you only get to see one side of this. No doubt she was behaving poorly but we can't know why. Nobody wants to behave poorly; nobody wants to be the bad guy.

4. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    I kinda doubt that actually. Some people are a bit more selfish and don't seem to really care if they're being nice to others or not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Well yeah, but as a general statement what I said holds true. There are exceptions to every rule.
    I know that in the past I have said or done some things that have totally made me look like a douche, and I know you have and so has everyone reading this. But the goal isn't to make myself the antagonist, that is a mindset that mainly only exists in movies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    4:55 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    Be nice to other people, and they should be nice back

I don`t know how some people expect others to be nice when they are rude

• Like Like x 1
  7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    10:55 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I recently installed a new power steering pump for a customer... and they came back 15 minutes later claiming that I broke the radio.
    People are nasty. It's 1/10. 1/10 customers are trash, whether a company says that they are "always right" or not. 1/10 cops are trash, 1/10 employees are trash.
    Just the fraction that I've noticed.

8. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Pareto principle for reals.

9. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    9:55 PM
    Paladin
    I actually don't mind the customers. Everyone usually holds a grudge against the person whenever they're yelling at them, but for me, it just goes in and out of my ears. Customers will always be customers. You just have to satisfy them as much as you can as a decent human being. As long as the customer is happy, I'm happy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:55 PM
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    yes i live in NYC so a lot of impatient jerks here...

One day i was ordering a sub at subway (a sandwich shop, for anyone unfamiliar) and some old woman who had just barged in physically shoved me to the side claiming that she had been in line the whole time and tried to force the employee to make her food first, while yelling at both me and the employee for being "idiots". I felt like whaling on that motherfucker with the nearest chair but decided not to because she was a pretty harmless old woman. Also the employee was pretty slick because he somehow managed to make my sandwich first and sneak it to me without that other bitch looking. I gave him a polite "thanks" and he replied with a smile.

11. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Would have been nice if the employers put that woman in her place though. Giving in will only encourage her to do the same in future.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:55 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Don't know what to say here except that saying "the customer is always right" is crap.

13. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    4:55 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I think you guys are missing the point of the saying "the customer is always right". It's not that they're always right, it's making the customer FEEL like they're always right. Whether you're providing a service or selling goods, the customer is the businesses source of revenue. You always want to give that customer a pleasant experience because you represent the company. Now, i understand that's extremely hard to do when a customer is being an asshole and this is where i have identified the actual problem. I think we can all agree you can't prevent assholes from being your customer. However, you can talk with your manger about policy's or procedures in place to deal with those types of situations. If they do, learn them and exercise those procedures. If not, as professional as you can, suggest the implementation of them. That might be easier said than done but that's a whole other problem in it's self. Just my two cents...