1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ANIME

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by danh, Nov 23, 2019.

please help me

1. you suck at watching anime

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. you are doing great king keep it up

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. danh

danh Blue Snail

Nov 22, 2019
    Male
    12:26 PM
    Danh
    Hi guys!

Still new to this server, but I always like to ask people their different tastes! I also asked for some suggestions today, so if you remember me, respect!
    I'm a bit new to anime (started like this year), so I want to know all the animes people have watched (and suggestions).

I have watched: (most of these I have finished)

Naruto & Shippuden
    AoT
    SAO (all seasons sadly) -> alicization is hype tho dont @ me
    Steins;Gate
    Demon Slayer
    HxH
    Unlimited Bladeworks & Fate/Zero
    FMA:B
    MHA
    YLIA :(
    Re:Zero
    Assassination Classroom
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Promised Neverland
    Black Clover
    Erased
    Dr. Stone
    Madoka Magica
    NGNL
    most studio ghibli movies
    Your Name

(yes i am a basic bitch), I have watched most of the basic stuff, so any recommendations would be EXTREMELY HELPFUL, plz i am so bored of this type of anime

Currently am watching Cowboy Bebop and Mob Psycho!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    4:26 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I love Trigger's stuff! If you liked the action and high energy of the other anime you've watched, try Kill la Kill, Darling in the Franxx, or SSSS Gridman. Little Witch Academia is a classic from them, but it's also a bit cutesy and your list is very shonen heavy so idk if you'd like that haha.
    If you liked the story and pace of YLIA, try some of Kyoto Animation's works. Violet Evergarden might be a nice place to start if you liked YLIA.

cheers! SlimeSmile

3. LeeDragon

LeeDragon Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2016
    Male
    7:26 PM
    LeeDragon
    Dark Knight
    One Piece

• Like Like x 4
  4. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    2:26 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    That is a LOT for one year!
    Possibly more than I've seen.
    A few lesser known or less 'Shounen' and fantasy than the ones you listed:

-Clannad: It's pretty much a love story, but I've noticed a lot of people that normally wouldn't look twice at the romance genre have liked it. Also, make sure you have tissues when you start watching.

-Kotoura-san: Also a love story XD between a girl who can read minds and a pervert.

-The Lost Village: I'm not even sure how to explain this one. Psychological thriller?

-Hetalia! Cutesy and light, 5 minute episodes of countries as people. No strong emphasis on historical accuracy, just comedy and fun.
    (Good for when you have to wait an indeterminate amount of time)

Oh, and Log Horizon! Which IS Shounen and fantasy and unfortunately overshadowed by SAO but pretty different and very good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    1:26 PM
    • Mysterious Girlfriend X: A great anime revolving around a very weird concept. It's a romantic story about two lovers, Urabe and Tsubaki. They are not your average couple though, they don't do the usual habit of kissing and hugging each other, instead they swap each other's drool. At first that seems like a very weird anime to get into, but as you watch the show makes all the weirdness about itself feel normal and as a result you get an anime that is very genuine of itself. Would recommend if you're into romance animes. Would not recommend if you cringe about the drool thing (but give it a try!!).
    • Spice And Wolf: I haven't watched this one in a while so my memory might be vague, but it's a romantic anime about a trader and a wolf girl who travel the land together and encounter a series of difficulties on their journey. The show never got concluded though, so if you want to know what happens after the second season you'll need to pick up on the light novels.
    • Serial Experiments Lain: An anime in which the border between the real world and 'The Wired' starts to crumble. As Lain, the main character, gets interested in computer technology, she discovers that reality is not what it seems to be. Great anime if you like a good mystery, although most of the questions that spring up from the anime, you will have to answer yourself.
    • Gakkougurashi: Great anime, but i don't wanna spoil anything, so i'll keep it at that.
    • Perfect Blue: A psychological horror movie about a former J-pop idol moving on to become an actor. I also don't want to spoil anything about this one.
    • Anohana: A real tearjerker of an anime. The story is a very heartwarming and welcoming one about a group of friends all grown up, but the ending can make even the toughest among us cry.
    • Tokyo Godfathers: A nice little comedy movie about three homeless people raising a child they found abandoned in the streets.
    • Flying Witch: Just a very cozy anime to sit through. Recommended to watch this alongside an anime you know is hard to get through.
    Those are just some of my favorites among the years i've watched anime (5 years iirc, 375 hours of anime). SlimeSmile
    I'd say for one year though, you've really watched a lot of anime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    danh

danh Blue Snail

Nov 22, 2019
    Male
    12:26 PM
    Danh
    Thanks for the recommendations! And ya i started watching naruto around like last year and finished it this February... and then i got hooked

7. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Jojo

And start from part 1

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Colorful (カラフル): A 2010 Japanese animated feature film directed by Keiichi Hara. It is based on the novel of the same name written by Eto Mori, produced by Sunrise and animated by the animation studio Ascension. It also deals with some of the pressures on school children as they come up to graduation before entering college or university.

Deals with suicide, cheating, stress, death, jealousy,depression and also about life

9. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    7:26 AM
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    Cowboy Bebop is the bee's knees.

Here's a couple:

Baccano! - Very confusing your first time watching, jumps back and forth between two story lines but great wrap-up.
    Durarara!! - Same writer as Baccano, jumps between multiple story lines. Lot of the story starting out is obscure (I'm still watching this so is it kosher to rec? :p)
    Haikyu! - Volleyball...with character development. I just love this one, nothing else I can say, idk.
    Birdy the Mighty Decode - One of my all time favorites. Space chick in heels fights bad guys. Really cool relationship between the protagonist & deuteragonist.

That's just a few, may come back and update this post as I recall old/watch new shows.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    8:26 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    If you enjoy musical animes.
    Nodame Cantabile, K-ON, Kimi no Uso, & Love Live are some suggestions i have for ya. SlimeTongue

11. Nekokoro

Nekokoro King Slime

Apr 6, 2021
    Female
    CC1 FM18
    7:26 AM
    Nekokoro
    Bishop
    Gang Gang
    Me watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time
    200iq.gif

• Like Like x 1
  12. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I'll post some links for their synopsis so that you can take a look and check them out yourself, listed by my personal favorites.

*Some have extended series continued by viewing one of the main characters and you'll find a list of them under 'Animeography'.

Series
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Gou (Higurashi: When They Cry - Gou) *
    Gakkou no Kaidan (Ghost Stories)
    Gleiphir
    Mahou Shoujo Site (Magical Girl Site)
    Ousama Game The Animation (King's Game)
    Mousou Dairinin (Paranoia Agent)
    Blood+
    Blood-C *
    Durarara!! *
    Occultic;Nine
    Mayoiga (The Lost Village)
    Ajin (Ajin: Demi-Human) *
    Death Note / Death Note: Rewrite
    Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) / Mirai Nikki: Redial
    Zombieland Saga *
    Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) *

Movies
    Mind Game
    Tenki no Ko (Weathering with You) *(Your Name - Taki x Mitsuha / Natori x Tessie(cameo)
    Toki no Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)
    Summer Wars

Well, have fun with whatever you choose.
    yes most are horror/thrillers.

13. Hitchner

Hitchner Red Snail

Sep 2, 2021
    Male
    xIzanamix
    I/L Wizard
    Konosuba!

Probably the only isekai I like tbh. Dude gets reincarnated into a fantasy world but he learns his "OP party members" are all useless.
    There are two seasons and a movie.
    Got renewed for a third season recently and that airs in the coming months.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Syrinz

Syrinz Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Sep 22, 2020
    Female
    Xyrinz
    Bishop
    Beaters
    You have Goblin Slayer profile pic pog. Love that anime too

15. HolyPaladin

HolyPaladin Orange Mushroom

Feb 29, 2024
    Male
    6:26 AM
    Holypaladin
    Paladin
    Started season 2 today! :)

16. Hitchner

Hitchner Red Snail

Sep 2, 2021
    Male
    xIzanamix
    I/L Wizard
    Oh yeah a friend told me to watch it. Seen the first episode and was like...i dont know man this doesnt seem like anything i really want to watch but he told me just please watch it. I have a Three episode rule for anime, if i dont get sucked in within three episodes ill drop it, and im glad i kept watching. Was def. Worth.

• Like Like x 1