1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

AP Reset.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Animate, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animate

Animate Timer

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    5:16 AM
    Donut
    I/L Mage
    JSquad
    I encountered a small problem while I was power grinding my way through maple island.
    I remember getting a quick AP Reset after I hit level 10/11 so I can properly distribute my AP. I would usually run through maple island with all STR to make it easier to kill snails and whatnot and then reset my AP later when I got my job. Would it be possible to provide 1st job AP resets, instead of starting all over from scratch? Not a big deal, but it certainly is annoying.

2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I don't think this is how it worked in GMS

3. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    This was a change made by Neckson in the late v60s i think. When they implemented auto-AP into STR on Maple Island, they also removed the training camp and drastically simplified the tutorial. I believe there was also some "recommended AP distribution" thing that would auto add your AP for you.

It would be possible to reset AP added on the first job advancement, but I've discussed it with Kim and it's generally not a change we'd prefer to make. It makes Maple Island a bit too easy for a class like magicians (who already have the easiest road after their advancement). I feel like the level 8 requirement was specifically made for magicians because of their difficult Maple Island experience. Additionally, because STR and INT help raise HP and MP respectively, there are edge cases where a system like this could be exploited, particularly if a player decided to make a late job advancement.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.