1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Authentic TOT Flight

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Percora, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Percora

Percora Red Snail

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    1:27 PM
    Percora
    Magician
    Let's face it: the real reason no one goes to TOT isn't the fact that Shaolin is better, or the long prequests, it's that the dragon transformation moves at a snail's pace if snails had dragon wings.

Since TOT's inception in GMS, the dragon had a much faster horizontal speed and was able to complete the flight in 30 seconds compared to the one minute of travel on Legends wherein we can't answer calls, texts, or discord messages without completing the flight if we don't want to fall and redo it #firstworldproblems

Is it possible to make the dragon faster? Thanks for all the hard work!

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. amin45678

amin45678 Blue Snail

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Souna
    Probably not since the dragon speed is most likely hardcoded in the client

3. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    12:27 PM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    after traveling there a bunch of times, I can say although it is slightly annoying, It would never prevent me from going there. Just sharing my input.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Percora

Percora Red Snail

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    Percora
    Magician
    I meant it sarcastically but it kinda flopped lol. I'm mostly just wondering if it's possible to implement in a way that doesn't take too much dev time, but i'd understand if it's not possible.

Something I should have mentioned in the OP is, while moving one character isn't a big deal, moving multiple characters (mules) can be quite a drag as one cannot simply door to TOT; the flight is a mandatory +1 minute per character, and +1 minute back once you decide to leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    1:27 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Thank you for bringing this up. What i remembered when playing on the official servers back in the day, is when you reach the next map, just by going down to the clouds will teleport you to the entrance map of ToT. In this case, you will need to fly all the way to the portal to enter. A small inconvenience sure, but it would make travelling there easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    7:27 PM
    agree that the flight should be easier, also another thing thats annoying is that pets dissapear, that should be changed too.

7. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    They're working on flying mechanic now with Auf in NTP2 so we should hope that it gets pushed to the dragon flying map soon too!!