1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandit: distinguish between pickpocket meso and monster drop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lastknown, May 24, 2020.

1. Lastknown

Lastknown Blue Snail

May 7, 2020
    5:17 PM
    Can you please make mesos dropped from pickpocket skill not automatically picked up by pet(meso magnet). The meso magnet should pick up mesos dropped by monsters but I believe the mesos from pickpocket skill is much better put to use as Meso Explosion ammo.

Currently bandits have to choose either to not use Meso Explosion at all while grinding because pet picks up all mesos or exclusively use Meso Explosion to grind. If pets do not pick up pickpocket mesos, bandits would be able to farm monster drops and be able to use ME more effectively.

If certain bandit players really want the extra mesos from pickpocket they can manually pick it up. I believe this option is much better than the current choices of having to manually pick up ALL MESOS to be able to use Meso Explosion, or having pet loot all mesos and not using Meso Explosion at all.

Thank you for your consideration. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:17 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This was actually added after a request was submitted to make them lootable by pets

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    I also find it very inconvenient... I could be alternating between assassinate, bs, and meso explosion at bosses.

4. OP
    OP
    Lastknown

Lastknown Blue Snail

May 7, 2020
    ???? Do not like that change at all....if so there should be an option to not make pickpocket loot-able but that sounds a little too complicated to implement(there would have to be an option under meso magnet to turn off pickpocket loot just for bandits). The only reason I can see why bandits would want to loot pickpocket mesos is when they are 4th job and use boomstep exclusively. But for those that do not have the funds to exclusively ME train at himes/shaolin, 3rd job grinding is extremely difficult with only band of thieves as mobbing skill.
    Also I believe encouraging people to spam one skill (boomstep) is detrimental to the overall play-style of bandits.

5. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    With the cool down of boomerang step, you are pree much required to multiskill for best DPM. BS>Darksight>Nate is a good one with the shad buffs.

6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    As someone who grinded over 1000 hours at shaolin, being able to auto loot mesos with a pet has not only saved my sanity (because i grinded before the change and it was absolute ass to pick up all htose mesos), but i've probably made at least a few hundred million mesos from just pickpocket. (like on average u get the same or more raw meso from pickpocket than per drops because the monks are so fuckin tanky)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    6:17 PM
    Shadower
    Actually, if you had pickpocket active during a boss run you run the chance of lagging your other party members and with the server unstable as it is, a higher risk of D/C. As another note, you shouldn't have your pet out in a boss run with meso and item loot out in the first place, so that ultimately makes this a moot point.

Regarding the thread overall:

Quite frankly, the amount of meso that pickpocket drops is proportional to damage, and then in turn the amount of damage that ME does is proportional to the amount of meso you've exploded. That being said, the solo pickpocket meso DOES build up when looting, but damage wise a 200 meso stack AT BEST does like maybe 1.5k damage, and of course the time it takes overall to boom like 4530978695 stacks of meso just really isn't worth it, and the damage coming from 35 stacks isn't worth it either.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Lastknown

Lastknown Blue Snail

May 7, 2020
    Lmao honestly was just frustrated at having no decent mob skills at beginning of third job...now that I'm 110 I like that pickpocket is pet-lootable. And you're right bossing pet loot is off anyways :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:17 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Welcome to the Shadower fam!

• Friendly Friendly x 1