1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Better rewards for low level PQs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nikki, Nov 19, 2015.

Yay or nay?

1. Yes, i'm for da ppl

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. No, i'm an elitist and prefer the feudal market we currently have

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    1:01 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Hey, if I started playing this server right now I would most likely be discouraged by the prices of items in the fm in relation to the meso drop rate and value provided in the past (better gacha back in the day creating an undeniable economic advantage for old players). I would also be discouraged about the (much needed) gachapon requirement level and dependency. I would want a piece of the millions of mesos (made legitimately or not :rolleyes:) sitting in other player's accounts.

We should vary and improve the rewards for PQs like KPQ, LPQ, OPQ, and PPQ.

But Nikki, people will farm the shiiiiiiiiiit out of that!
    Who cares, it requires active play, it's an even playing field, and most PQs are level limited. It will also give the newer players the impression that all of us do something other than FM hoe (we do, but can they see that? no)

This suggestion is being made for two reasons: 1. The servers FM presence is still pitifully small, people need more incentive to buy and sell. Putting in demand items that are not TO valuable would help this and encourage active play 2. I have heard from friends I have who have started playing this server that it is dreadfully hard to get into due to the emptiness feel at the beginning. There are more active players at the upper levels than lower levels. That is nothing like v62 maple story was. I have also heard similar things from random new players I have spoken to.

What are your ideas for improving player retention?

• Like Like x 5
  2. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    2:01 AM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    No, i'm an elitist and prefer the feudal market we currently have

^

server needs help tho

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nock

Nock Mano

Nov 12, 2015
    /find Nock
    Crossbowman
    Circus
    This server is great, but I do agree that some things do need changing or help. In most cases, both real life and MapleStory, the rich get richer, and the poor stay poor. I was fortunate enough to get money and items from various people, and have a great guild / alliance who helps me a ton.

Coming into the server and looking at the characters / items in existence already, is very intimidating. One big thing that I seemed to struggle with, is that it is extremely challenging, near impossible, to afford / create decent INT Gear to compete with other players.
    Most people expect you to HP Wash as almost any class. Coming into the server at this point, it is very hard to afford potions / gear as it is, let alone INT Gear for HP Washing.

As a Level 35 Crossbowman who created his character yesterday, I did about 15 KPQ's and have been questing / grinding. Through my 15 KPQ's, I did not get a single valuable scroll. I have found that the best way to make mesos starting out is through farming Leathers / Work Gloves and selling them for about 1m each. I'm going to start doing LPQ now, so hopefully I can gain some mesos through farming scrolls / capes.

I agree with this suggestion, and think that the beginning gameplay of this server needs improvement. It took us hours to find 4 people to KPQ with, and I've yet to find a party to LPQ with (been trying for about 30 minutes). Another suggestion would be to decrease the amount of people to enter a PQ to 3 for KPQ, and 5 for LPQ & OPQ (I think you can OPQ with only 5 people).

4. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    11:01 PM
    PQ gives pretty decent rewards already. It's more like the lack of active low levels. I log on my 4x char once every week and can never get in a LPQ in the 30minutes I wait (there's nobody there). I don't think improving the rewards will get new players to join the server. After the old active players farm the new pq rewards the pq will die again. What do you want the pq to give anyways? Are overall 10% scrolls and slime shoes not good enough at 2x? Are tons of capes, and broken glasses, at 4x not enough?

Those guys who played this server non stop for months have months worth of items and that is fair. I see that increasing the value per time spent is important at the moment for end game players, NOT new players. They have a ton to grow and work with. If they joined the server to be the very best, play a cleric it should be obvious now.

5. Nock

Nock Mano

Nov 12, 2015
    /find Nock
    Crossbowman
    Circus
    I agree, it wouldn't make sense for new players to have items that old players have worked for, for months. However, new players struggle immensely with trying to find / create INT Gear for HP Washing. The only way to make a new non-Mage character that is decent in terms of damage and HP Washes, seems to only be possible by making a Cleric first. I think that this is bullshit and is not how the game should be approached or played. People tell new players to make Bishops for funding first, yet seem to complain that the root of a lot of the server's problems is from there being too many Bishops.

6. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    The problem being outlined is that even if somebody joined the server and worked the same amount for months, they wouldn't be able to come even close to amassing the value many players have. This is mostly because gacha has been slowly nerfed/diversified (until very recently)

It may not make sense for newer players to have some of the items that the older players have amassed, but it makes a ton of sense that they should be able to obtain some of the 'in demand' items that players of all ages/playtimes want. We must remember that many old players currently have some items that, in the current server price level state, will never be made again. Some have done this through hard work, and others have done this simply through clever merchanting.

My simple answer to this is no, it's not enough. Unless it is attracting the mesos of the higher leveled players (it isn't), it's not enough. As for the 'not enough active low levels,' an increase in rewards would help that indefinitely. There are always players at all levels of the game that need extra value. If you provide more value for older players to complete lower level activities, you'll effectively be creating "ambassadors" that know and love the game. Ain't no better way to improve new player retention in my mind :eek: When I'm a new player and I see someone that's passionate about the game they're playing, it pumps me the heeeeeeeeeeeeell up :D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  7. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    I argue against that. If they really worked hard and farmed for just as many hours as the top players and work together with them they will have just as much items. Yes, working together with other players is a must. I'm sure other players are willing to help someone grinding their ass off just don't be a dick. The items and wealth are very much luck based.... So good luck as well?

I'll admit that starting in the server at the moment sucks, because there's less opportunities to make PQ friends that are progressing together and competing.

If you want to HP wash, borrow gear. Making those gears took months for them it should for new players as well. Well if you want to be the best this is how to play. I don't like it either, so I play a bucc and I don't hp wash.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:01 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I do agree. The best thing we can do I think is eliminating all the crap rewards. No more screws, no more ores, no more crappy potions no one wants. KPQ should probably see a lot of 10% scrolls. oa dex, oa int, earring int, gfa, helmet scrolls, weapon scrolls, anything a new player could either sell to other players for decent cash or keep for themselves so they can start making their own gear. I do have a cool KPQ idea. You know how LPQ and OPQ love to give out capes, right? Well KPQ should give out gloves!

LPQ has 60% scrolls. This is the time when many players around this range could use them. If we just remove the ores and other crap, LPQ should be fine.

LMPQ I think needs to be changed entirely too. It's too damn repetitive and the rewards fill up your inventory with a life supply of potions and def scrolls. If the whole layout of the maze was randomized, it would actually be quite challenging for a party to map out the whole thing. People would be breaking more boxes trying to determine what is where. And more importantly, the PQ should consist of more than killing tauros, looting their tickets, and nothing else matters. Tauromacis ticket amounts need to be reduced, but increasingly better rewards/exp for more tickets also is a must.

OPQ is something that's also been discussed. I think this PQ should have 30% and 70% scrolls that are actually wanted by the playerbase.

Above all else, staff need to roll up their sleeves and do something. People will repeatedly ask for change. It isn't a problem that will simply go away if ignored. The server needs to progress to something better than GMS. It needs to provide something that simple nostalgia cannot make up for. So long as our standard is being "GMS-like", we'll never set ourselves apart from other servers and be mediocre at best. The server is great. I love how many bugs and issues have been fixed. But still, it could be better. :)

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:01 AM
    Moderator Post
    Anyway to give a bit of a happier response right now all these things are under discussion :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Which is no longer an option after the Franco incident......... BibleThump . I pray for all the new people coming to the server in dreams of making it to the top. Washing is going to be more difficult for you guys as no one is willing to lend gear anymore.

11. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Well I mean at least you'll admit, although sarcastically, that you have a strong need to dominate at least one aspect of your life. Others seem to hide it and support only agendas that are in their best interest.

It's a game, can we make it a bit more even while also injecting more in demand items into the market please? :p

12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    The low level PQs are all (no exceptions) easy PQs at easy levels. so why give good rewards? I don't play much (I'm in Quebec right now so I don't play at all) but I do agree that the economy shouldn't be luck-based.

13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:01 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That's exactly the thing. Right now it is luck based with gachapon being the fastest way to make big mesos.

Adding decent rewards to PQs rewards people that work for it as well as brings people together more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    At times I do felt like I was forced to PQ with whiny bitches and slow learners to get them broken glasses. Forcing people together to get nice rewards just creates frustration. No need for better rewards, just need new players. I doubt new players are looking for a server with a "better PQ reward" tag. Just the tag "V0.62 maplestory" is enough. Maybe add a "Stable and reliable server" tag too and have less shitfests about dupes and scams. Fix the market up a bit, make the game rewarding at all levels, and boom the game is great again. The question is HOW? And I say this isn't the way, I don't want to make new characters just to farm items I need on my main character. Neither do I want to wait for new players to join and farm me scrolls for vast amounts of my imaginary buccaneer mesos. Make me farm on my main character. The game is rewarding enough from 1-8x. 9x-13x could use some love. 14x+ has nothing to do.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:01 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Did you ever consider that maybe if the rewards for doing PQs were better, more people would try to do them instead of grinding, which then should increase the potential pool of players to PQ with and hopefully you'd have less chance of "being forced" to party people you don't like?

16. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    It wasn't the rewards that made PQ fun with the people I did it with. It was working together with them. Ah shit I like typed my whole pq journey. I doubt increasing rewards will attract quality new players to the game from my experiences. Old players do not contribute to a great PQ squad. I'm one of them and I admit I'm impatient now.

17. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    LF> EXP for GPQ based on party lvl

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Bettering PQ rewards is not aimed at attracting new members, but rather retaining the members that have already decided to join this shitshow as new players.

19. Aobocoddd

Aobocoddd Blue Snail

Nov 12, 2015
    2:01 PM
    Kano
    Cleric
    I agree.
    Since I 51Lv,NOBODY I knew from lpq are playing Opq.
    Because I am so tired for doing pq and same reason for other ppl.we spend long time in pq and just got ore pots and something worthless?
    Lpq glass is the point we do that for 35times pq it's hard time for me.

When GS2 lv up fast why am I need going to waste time in opq ?
    Gs2 is bored but fast so I rather stay here.
    But infact for me pq is the way let me knowing ppl,specially I'm not speak English well.
    But Pq is more and more harder to looking for ppl.
    Because maplelegends are losting ppl ,isn't it?
    Once the ppl like me 3-4weeks player (70lv) feel bored because I dont feel much fun from game...

New player is important
    BUT how you keep old player is the most important thing!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 2