1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Boosting Certain Party Buffs/Self Buffs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Taehe, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    11:47 PM
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    I greatly appreciate that the GMs are taking the time to balance out the game and increasing the appeal of certain classes with a low player population. I would also like to take this time to give some balance feed backs that should be considered.

So it is common knowledge in the game that attack buffs do not stack with attack potions. Example: Rage/Warrior elixirs can not stalk. This is also the case with Speed Infusion and Weapon Boosters, but the GM's compensated for this by increasing the the power of Speed Infusion.

I recommend to implement this for classes with unique self buffs/party buffs. Why? All classes have unique attributes they bring to the game and have specific buffs that class can bring to the tables. It ruins the purpose of playing a class if you can substitute it for a potion.

1. The thief class has haste which has great utility and no potion can match its effects.
    2. The dark knight class haste Hyper Body, which is vital to keeping a party alive in end game bossing.
    3. Buccaneers have Speed Infusion, which overall increases everyone attack rate/damage rate.
    4. Archer class has sharp eyes, which is unrivaled in its ability to increase a parties damage.
    5. (Surprise) Even paladins have Threaten, which reduces armor by 20%, which is a huge deal in end game bossing.

All of these party buffs mentioned above can not be easily replicated by common pots in the game, with the exception of event potions.

But.....
    Heroes have Rage (Currently +15 att) which can be replicated by ciders (+20 att or warrior elixir +12), which in comparison to other party buffs.... is not that useful. Despite the buff on this, I never get asked to "rage" in a late game boss because everyone is using ciders (+20)/bears (+20). The role of a hero as a buffer is replaced by a pot, which destroys the heroes uniqueness or contribution to a class. The attack bonus from rage should be either 20 attack or equivalent to the most common attack pot (Warrior elixir +12) + 10 damage = 22 damage. This would allow heroes to have a unique spot of allowing other party members to free up more Use Space, or an incentive to recruit heroes because they give slightly more damage than the average attack pot.

Mages have Meditate (Currently +20 matt) which can be replicated by Wizard Elixir. This is one of the special cases because the only class that uses Wizard Elixirs is the Bishop tree line. However, a buff should not be on the same level as a common put and thus meditate should at least be buffed to +30 matt (arguable).

Corsairs lack party buffs. Rip.

Now the counter argument that I am aware of:
    A majority of the 2nd job buffs are based on utility versus the damage oriented 4th job party buffs. Meditate and Rage are considered damage buffs and thus should be thus weaker. However, the utility buffs retain their usefulness and importance into late game. Rage and Meditate do not carry as well into late game and I repeat can be replicated by a POT. A class party buff should not be on the same level of common pots.

2nd Job Buffs:
    Hyper Body
    Haste
    Threaten
    Meditate
    Rage

4th Job Party Buffs:
    Speed Infusion
    Sharp Eyes

Other things that should also be addressed if this goes through are self attack buffs.
    Bowmaster's Concentrate (currently 26)
    Heroes' Enrage (currently +26)
    The current state of affairs with these two skills is..... they are pretty useless. Slightly better than ciders/bears, but have a ridiculously long cool downs.
    Solution A: Remove the cool down on these self buffs/lower it by half.
    Solution B: Increase the bonus attack damage in order to justify the long cool down on these two skills.
    (Warrior elixir 12+ 26 =38 concentrate/enrage.)

Dark Knight's Hex of the Beholder (unsure). Solution:
    (Warrior elixir 12 + Hex of the Beholder.)

Please add any comments on any self buffs/party buffs I miss that fails to stack with our current pots.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
  3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    wrong. current threaten only reduce -20(L O L), not -20%.

except this, I agree on. #RageMe

4. OP
    OP
    Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    O wow then Threaten is pretty useless too then LOL. Okay might want to buff threaten too then

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:47 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Also some first job skills: focus from bowman increases accuracy and avoidability, but no more than bless does, even though bless is a more general buff that increases many things.

mages and warriors get magic armor, which helps a little when you first start out, but end game... doesn't really do much.

I think buffing meditate from 20 magic attack to 30 would be a great idea, considering rage now exceeds the attack power of warrior elixir. So why not have meditate exceed wizard elixir?

The only problem with that, then, is that unlike those who attack physically and still have ciders and heartstoppers which are better, mages have nothing that greatly increases magic attack that can be bought or farmed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:47 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Speed Infusion needs a range boost, as it is now I need to be rigth up to someones butt to make the skill to work. Would be nice to have same range as HB, Haste or other skills.

• Like Like x 6
  7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    A job that can 1-2 shot all the shit on a map, perhaps doesn't need too much of a buff.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
  9. Nyxlife

Nyxlife Red Snail

Mar 1, 2017
    9:47 AM
    NyxWarrior
    Buffs us paladins! :kappa:

10. OP
    OP
    Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
  11. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I like the rage idea, hero's are always getting yelled at to not rage but that wouldnt happen if rage was actually useful :3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    NO RAGE SHOULDN'T BE BUFFED SO I CAN BULLY HIM OVER AND OVER TILL THE END OF THE WORLD

Honest my opinion is, all watk pot overs cider, is broken af......

best watk pot for KMS i lived before playing in ML, was "baby dragon food" in leafre grocery, which gave +8 watk. so our options were
    1. FK THAT we'll spend nx for +20 watk, NO RAGE PLZ?
    2. I LOVE YOU HERO RAGE ME
    3. we don't have hero and we're poor af, let's just deal with baby dragon q.q

yes, i should confess that i was shocked when i saw NLC in ML......

13. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Idk i think it would be nice to not have ciders/warrior elixers taking up inv all the time and it would make heros have a good party buff

14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Actually heroes rage is pretty nice watk buff. (+15). cider overcomes it but we're lazy af to restock it and it's limited for slot restriction. what really matter are stoppers and apples.

15. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Yeah idk too much on this matter but i think its a cool idea

16. Pahoua

Pahoua Blue Snail

Mar 20, 2017
    Female
    2believe
    Bandit
    Hogwarts
    this is a great idea!
    soemtimes less is more..that's why we're all here in the 1st place right~?
    it would be nice to be able to appreciate someone's teambuffs again ♥

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    7:47 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Solution for dark knight hex of the beholder should: make hex of the beholder give attack equal to dragon blood + hex of the beholder, so that the effect emulates having both buffs, if the two don't stack then dragon blood is essentially useless late game, and is essentially useless early game too, since it give same attack as a warrior potion, 12.

18. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    5:47 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Still not good cos we wont be able to use apples or stoppers

19. OP
    OP
    Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    . What does apples and stoppers have to do with this? Of course you can not stack it with apples/stoppers. The whole point of this is that these attack buffs do not stack with ANY attack buff. We are talking about to compensate the lack of stacking. Ofc it should not be as strong as stoppers/apples.

20. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    5:47 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    He talked about dk buff that every few sec we can get up to 25 att i think but thats mean we can use apples or stoppers cos it will just cancel them