1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffs Timers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by philip, Jun 30, 2021.

1. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    1:17 PM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Add Timers to buffs that indicate how many seconds or minutes are left on the different buffs or is this againt the GMs-like ideals?

How do you guys rebuff. Do you use a specific method?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    2:17 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    there the pictures with the skill icon, and they become more grey as they about to expire....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    7:17 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    ^what above says, and they start to blink in the last few seconds. I kind of just naturally recast them quite often so it's not a huge problem for me. The more you play the character the more you get used to the times where you can kinda just tell when it's time to rebuff.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Exactly the same here, I just look at buff when it's about to fade I rebuff, however, I have been wondering if there is an easier method people use like a website, an app on pc, or maybe a program to help track buffing.

5. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    4:17 AM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    If you're in a boss with a timer like zak or HT, some people track major cooldowns like Time Leap and Res with when they cast it and how long the cooldown is. For smaller buffs, it's not worth tracking them like that and you kinda have to rebuff based on your feel of it's duration time plus visually on the top right buff indicator.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I am a bit greedy, so for me, it means a lot to rebuff the last few seconds f.eks with Shadows star, shadow partner, or holy symbol. Basicly more throwing stars /buff duration, or amount of summoning rocks or Eph drops from less time attacking. Mainly thinking of ways to always top perform

7. OP
    OP
    philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I was actually thinking the timers you mentioned while writing this post. I often hear alarms in voice chat for dispells and seduce, so I was wondering if there were something similar to this and yes, true, rebuffing is most of the time situational, but I would still like to get some insight

8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:17 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Rebuffing in boss shouldn't be a problem because you just do it in weapon cancel. And you spend half the time waiting for cancel to wear off in most bosses so you have plenty of time.

9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    4:17 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Some people use multi-timer apps for HT runs to keep track of sed timers etc. You can probably just do a similar version with HS/TL etc. I think you just set multiple timers (of various lengths), and whenever you rebuff/see sed, you just click that specific timer.

10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't know if is possible to add to this version and most likely it won't be possible. Maplestory does have this system tho:
    upload_2021-7-1_0-3-51.png
    On top of the grey area overcoming the image showing up the duration, it shows a number with the number of minutes left of duration, once the timer reaches 1 minute it will display a 60 and it will show a countdown second to second until the skill is over. This also applies to cooldowns so you know exactly the time left until the skill is back up. รง

If this was added it would be some neat quality of life but as it is right now it isn't too bad, the grey area marks the time decently well and I don't see that much confusion when comes to the durations. When comes to cooldowns you will most likely use them on a boss(Time Leap,Resurrect, Holy Shield), so just look at the timer of the boss when you use it and subtract the cooldown to the timer then you will know when the skill will be up.

11. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:17 PM
    I think this probably falls into the big bucket of "it would be nice, but it would take too much work to implement"

This would require reprogramming the client, I believe, which isn't trivial. While it would be a nice QoL improvement, I don't think it would really give that much benefit.

In grinding situations, you rebuff on the shortest buff timer. If you have a party with HS, SE and HB, you just rebuff every 2 minutes since that's when HS runs out. If you're solo grinding with this, the mules are probably in FM, so you can't time the rebuffs super accurately, even if you know exactly when they're going to expire (you need to avoid taking damage for however long the out of breath thing lasts). It would make it easier, but the difference would be negligible. If you're grinding with others and getting the buffs from them, it's usually quite hard to coordinate a group of people to convene at a perfect timing interval to min-max your buffs like that, especially with how desynced maple is as a game.

For buffs like shadow stars, you can see when it's close to running out and just keep an eye out for it to start flashing. This tells you to be ready to recast as soon as it actually disappears. Obviously would be easier to time with an actual number counting down, but min-maxing to that level is going to make much less of a difference than general RNG that's happening all the time.