1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

can some one explain defense and hp wash plz.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Discor, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    3:46 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Hello i am new to the game and some one wrote that wdef and mdef are meaningless.
    can some one plz explain y ?
    and if i already ask questions , i really don't understand y hp washing is mandatory to some characters, is it impossible for them to boss without hp wash period or is it impossible for those characters to solo boss without hp wash? what if those characters are lvl 200 without hp wash or in a big party , will it still be impossible to do a boss without hp wash ?
    edit:
    V220 answered my question thank you to him , and how do i close the thread?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    8:46 PM
    I personally don't believe wdef and mdef are meaningless.
    They provide a character with more defensive stats, allowing you to take reduced damage to physical and magic attacks.
    I think they were trying to say that wdef and mdef scrolls are meaningless, as they can be better used to scroll stats such as LUK,DEX,STR,INT, weapon attack, and magic attack.

HP is required if you wish to participate in killing Horntail (currently the hardest boss right now).
    It hits 7.8k ~ when the tail and legs are up, which requires you to have atleast 4.9k HP.
    The rest of the parts hit around 5.4k ~, people usually wash up to 5.6k just to be safe incase of dispells as you will be instantly 1 shot.
    This is mainly pertaining to ranged classes.
    Melee classes can go about without washing (however some of them still do just to have more survivability).
    You can do pretty much every other boss without washing.

3. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    3:46 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    actually this is what i bean told : " Well def does not matter since it reduces the dmg linearly and at end game it will reduce just a very tiny % of the damage you take. In early game you feel a difference if you got a zakum helm for example but at end game it really does not make big difference."