1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we please get FM slots?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wrongway, May 23, 2020.

1. Wrongway

Wrongway Blue Snail

May 3, 2020
    8:51 PM
    Everyone at one point has seen a shop in the FM take up two spots. Sometimes, like usually when the server closes and the FM resets (like just now), two people can take up five potential spaces. Sometimes it’s intentional. I’ll even see in my guild chat of people asking to save them a spot. Sure, you’re being a buddy saving space for your friends, but you’re being inconsiderate to everyone else.

I honestly see no downside for designated FM spots (as in, you can’t just park wherever, you have to park within the lines). It benefits everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Automata

Automata Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2019
    Male
    CH5 FM
    Automata
    Camper, F/P Arch Mage
    Seeing as most people just owl for things does it even matter?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    or you could just be faster than them instead of complaining and coming up with impossible suggestions

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    5:51 PM
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    For the most part, I see people reparking afterwards so there's always a chance for you to retake. The free market is just that, a free-open market. No rules, besides what's hard coded in.

Unforunately, I have to agree with this:
    I've never struggled if I was actually trying, if you're unable to get a spot I personally favor just down-scaling what room you're attempting for (say if you're going for Ch1 FM1, go for FM2-6 instead). The people who consistently get FM1, a lot of us have been doing this for a long time, and forcing us into slots would just slow down the mechanics we've actually bothered practicing to secure spots for ourselves.

Besides, FM's already been expanded, there's a LOT more room now than there was last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    yup, and its not like anyone gets an unfair advantage over anybody else. litearlly everyone gets the same notification at the same exact time. the only thing the matters is your attentiveness and diligence

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Wrongway

Wrongway Blue Snail

May 3, 2020
    maybeandymaybeandy

As a new player, can I ask what mechanics you’re refering to? Mechanics imply technique. It seems to me people just run to an open spot and park.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Lunatic

Lunatic Blue Snail

Jun 28, 2015
    Male
    Derrrick
    Night Lord
    Colors
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    Just code all the shops with the same size, that red huge merchant store; is like two personal store spaces, because its so big..

9. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    This is kind of a non-issue. I've had zero problems selling stuff while being parked in CH7 FM 19.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    Reki (the OP of that thread) was actually the one who taught me how to FM spot that way. Because of actual differences in the way I open spots, I tend to do it much faster than a player who's frantically clicking all over their inventory.
    I do have optimization strategies, as everyone else that regularly catches FM1 door spots does.

Again, with all that said, doesn't seem like an issue in my eyes.

11. OP
    OP
    Wrongway

Wrongway Blue Snail

May 3, 2020
    I think there’s a reason why in a fresh, open FM, the people aren’t spread across the channels and rooms. Channel 1 Fm1-6, and Ch 1 door spots are heavily desired for a reason. There’s plenty of items in the game that people don’t bother wasting an owl on like ores, quest items, mid-tier scrolls and equipment.

12. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    "EvErYoNeJuStOwLs"
    Owls are nx gated, people who wash or new characters can't afford to owl for every single item they might need, especially if they need to buy some scroll in bulk and have to go through multiple merchants

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  13. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    Two accounts, double; triple; quadruple client, just get another char on another account(s) and vote then owl? I'm pretty sure everyone does this either way..

14. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    I don't care as much for this; though, I could just have a personal shop right side of the door and AFK minimize a client in the FM.

Just saying for the ones that are complaining about spots; my items/scrolls don't really sell either way so idk.. (I'm using scroll guide)

15. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    ^ is correct, since there's no longer a rule on vote abuse, there's no point in not doing this. If needing washing NX is the primary stressor for not buying owls, well... there's your workaround.

On a sidenote, you can just edit posts to avoid double posting :^)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    When people claim the game's not vote to win or pay to win but also claim you need 4 accounts + internet connections (aka cell phone plans) just to be able to play on multiple characters, wash, look up items in the FM, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Wow...thanks for encouraging them to take up spots in The Junk Yard. :(

18. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    You don't need 3 or 4 just 2; one account with a Mage Bishop preferred; Vote on main account for washing character then play the soon to be Bishop and purchase global(equipments for all jobs/classes) INT gear then transfer some to your washing character level for that sweet extra mana.

19. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    AHAHA, that's Ch 6 FM2, I meant rooms 2 through 6 :^)

I believe you're just shifting blame at this point in an argument. Is it really our fault for you not utilizing all the features at your disposal or is it more a one-sided potential laziness? It's one thing if you've tried everything possible and it is quite literally impossible to vote on multiple accounts, if that's the case then I apologize for your experience with voting.

If that is NOT the case, then my first argument clearly shines and stands: stop being lazy and asking the game to reward laziness. This isn't necessarily any type of AFK instant gratification game. This is MapleStory, notorious for being grindy.

iirc all stores are the same size regardless of what they look like, except for the manually opened shops

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1