1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium Cannot use emotes (F keys) Cash Shop or Original

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Nopp, Sep 1, 2020.

Has this happened to you at one point or another?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Nopp

Nopp Red Snail

Jul 6, 2020
    9:23 AM
    Nopp
    I/L Wizard
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): As the title depicts, I cannot use my F key emotes.
    What is supposed to happen?: Able to use emotes.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: A couple months ago. I found a thread on the forums saying other people have had it happen to them too, specifically after the May patch.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): This bug would come and go, but the majority of the time they would be unusable. It seemed sometimes like it would revolve around certain times of the day. I was also able to fix it occasionally by relogging until they worked. I've also had them working, relogged and they stop working. Neither of these were consistently repeatable. As of late, the bug has been permanent, 24/7. I was hoping the August patch would help be a solution but it has not.

2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:23 AM
    Just relog and it should be fixed, if not reopen the client and it should work

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:23 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    +1 to reopening the client. it's happened to me a few times too. especially after i leave the client on overnight or something like that.

4. Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    From a friend who used to have this problem, she literally restarted her whole computer and only opened ML for the F keys to work

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nopp

Nopp Red Snail

Jul 6, 2020
    Nopp
    I/L Wizard
    Okay, I accept the blame on this one. In my original message I should obviously have been clearer when stating my efforts of "relogging" were actually reopening the client. I certainly misspoke and I imagine that is what causing such confusion

6. OP
    OP
    Nopp

Nopp Red Snail

Jul 6, 2020
    Nopp
    I/L Wizard
    I just tried this, didn't work. Solid thought though. Thanks!

Edit: Actually just got this to work. Took a few tries though

7. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    What did you try out so that others with the same issue can refer back to this post in search for fixes.

8. OP
    OP
    Nopp

Nopp Red Snail

Jul 6, 2020
    Nopp
    I/L Wizard
    I restarted my computer. I didn't open anything before MapleLegends. I waited until I was logged on just to be sure (and confirm the faces and CS effects worked).
    It works most of the time.

If I log out but leave the client open, I can re-log in and they still work (up to this point this has remained true).

If I ever close the MapleLegends client (or it gets closed) but I need to reopen it, I'll restart my computer before doing so (that is if I want my faces and effects to work).

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Lets just hope this upcoming maintenance will fix this issue without it reoccurring onwards.

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    As an add-on, the glitch extends to cash shop effects as well. Typically I only see it the first time I log on in a day, and an alt+f4 and relog does the job for me.

I'm actually not sure, but I think I've crashed upon bosses spawning while under this effect. Though I never had a way to test that, so pianus spawning in may have been crashing me for another reason in past patches.

11. OP
    OP
    Nopp

Nopp Red Snail

Jul 6, 2020
    Nopp
    I/L Wizard
    Can confirm. This is true.

12. Iaora

Iaora Blue Snail

Nov 28, 2020
    Female
    PaperStars
    Cleric
    I was wondering if there was any other fix for this bug other than starting up Legends early after booting up my computer. This fix has worked for me luckily. However, I've noticed this was an issue for all of my clients if I ever relogged in the middle of the day or launched a client a while after bootup. I've tried relogging on my clients 1-2 times, but the bug wasn't resolved.

It's a bit disheartening to not emote when folks are talking to my character :(

(I hope it's okay to revive an old thread. I couldn't find any rules against doing so)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    This seems to happen randomly but for the replying to an old post it should be fine.. I think otherwise they would lock the thread :pinkbean:

• Friendly Friendly x 1