1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Can't open client after installing "We are unable to connect to MapleLegends"

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by verbarian, Sep 15, 2022.

1. verbarian

verbarian Blue Snail

Sep 15, 2022
    6:26 AM
    Moonstruck
    Cleric
    Hello, after installing the game from the MapleLegends16August2022.exe installer, I can't launch it. When I click MapleLegends.exe, nothing appears to happen for about 30 seconds and then I get an error saying "We are unable to connect to MapleLegends. Please check the MapleLegends homepage for ongoing server checks and updates."

I did not have any previous MapleLegends version installed and I did not edit the config after installing. Here is the Crash Log that was generated when I tried to run the client:

[T-1.13.1] - [2022-09-15 10:01:27]
    Exception code: C0000005
    Exception address: 00402B52
    Base: 61660000

Call stack:
    00402B52
    00823C92
    77B12A56 (ntdll.dll)
    77AEDE02 (ntdll.dll)
    77AFD8A5 (ntdll.dll)
    77AFD795 (ntdll.dll)
    77344113 (KERNEL32.DLL)
    0087C6F1
    7733FA29 (KERNEL32.DLL)
    77B07B5E (ntdll.dll)
    77B07B2E (ntdll.dll)
    --------------------------------------------------

to fix I've tried:
    1. Running MapleLegends.exe as admin
    2. Flushing DNS
    3. Resetting network settings
    4. Creating firewall exception for MapleLegends.exe
    5. Create a copy of MapleLegends.exe and running that (someone said that might work)
    6. Running MapleLegends.exe with firewall completely turned off
    7. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Edit, also tried:
    8. Running MapleLegends.exe in compatibility mode
    9. Restarted router
    10. Restarted computer
    11. Installed MapleLegends on different drive (not in ProgramFiles)

Not really sure where to go from here, I'm looking for any suggestions at all.

2. Seiras

Seiras Horny Mushroom

Jun 24, 2019
    5:26 AM
    I/L Wizard
    I have no idea how to make use of that crash info ;D

- Have you checked your antivirus if you have one? Consider making an exception or temporarily disabling it. Even if you don't pay for one, they often come preinstalled on computers and aren't completely dormant.
    - You could also try booting in Safe Mode and see if it runs there. Just make sure you don't stay in safe mode because it disables system Restore points.
    - You could also try creating a new Windows profile and check if it will load on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    verbarian

verbarian Blue Snail

Sep 15, 2022
    Moonstruck
    Cleric
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I don't really know what that log means either, just thought I'd include it for extra detail. I will try booting in Safe Mode after maintenance is over. I got the same error when trying to run it on a different Windows profile.

4. Seiras

Seiras Horny Mushroom

Jun 24, 2019
    5:26 AM
    I/L Wizard
    You can technically test the safe mode thing right now. The server seems to be in a weird state at the moment where it's 'offline' on the website, but it isn't fully down. There's a problem though... safe mode might not work for you. I just tested two of my computers (both of them work without safe mode) and only one of them worked while in safe mode (the other got a gr2d error). Ironically, it was my high-end computer that failed.

There's 3 different forms of Safe Mode that I know of:
    1. Safe Mode
    2. Safe Mode with networking
    3. Safe Mode with command prompt

You'll want to choose #2 with networking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    verbarian

verbarian Blue Snail

Sep 15, 2022
    Moonstruck
    Cleric
    Ok, so I tried in safe mode with networking, but got the same error. Here is what fixed it for me: cut and pasted the MapleLegends folder to my C drive... Can't believe that worked since I tried moving it from my F drive to my E drive and that didn't work. I guess it needs to be installed on the same drive as Windows, maybe I missed that somewhere in the troubleshooting guide.

Thanks for your help! Hopefully this can help others troubleshooting the same issue.

• Useful Useful x 3