1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change AP Resets to 1k NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Resemblance, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Resemblance

Resemblance Red Snail

Nov 24, 2020
    Male
    1:32 AM
    Cleric
    Gold
    3.1k Each is too expensive for something so mandatory.
    Too many people I know can't or will not play their chars cuz they lack NX.
    They planned it all, calculated numbers, got INT gear, leeched through sweat and tears.. But now they either stuck with too much baseINT, or fresh AP that they can't afford to take off. Few of them almost stopped playing and some quitted entirely.

NX SHOULDN'T BE THIS KIND OF A BARRIER TO ANYONE.

If AP resets change to 1k each, people would still need to think hard and plan ahead for making a decent washed char. Also, a new player would still have to wait a while before being able to afford an attacker.

We are here to have fun!! the game isn't fun without washing >> washing requires too much NX >> reduce the cost of AP resets.
    Consider this:
    lvl 110 Warrior has 7k hp with items - monsters lvl 100+ do 3-4k dmg - that's 2-3 hits for a "tank".
    lvl 140 Wizard has 13k mana - each attack cost 5k mana (monsters do 3-4k dmg).
    Maplelegends is unplayble without good washing (and that's before bossing).

Btw just to be clear, I think HP Washing is amazing and very intresting.
    It's just that it takes too much time to aquire the NX needed, and I don't think it should be the biggest factor in making a char or in playing Maple.
    I get the fact that some waiting is required for new players, but this is too much.
    Do u expect every new (smart) player to open a mage, get to lvl 140-150, wait another few months, and only then open the char they actually wanted (if it's a melee. a year if their only sin is wanting a sin)?

I really hope You guys do something, even if it's not making AP resets cost 1k NX each <3

Thank you for reading, and thanks to everybody who made this server what it is.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    3:32 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You aren’t gated by NX though? You can easily farm 100’s of resets via any event. Just last event people were able to farm 1000 points per 6 hours of effort which equates to about 50k NX worth of resets per 6 hours of effort. You put in 6 hours a day for a 30 day event and that’s 5-6 months of voting. You have a life and you put in 2 hours a day? That’s still 2 months of voting that you don’t have to do any more. You want it to be even easier? Sorry man but that’s just entitlement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:32 AM
    Moderator Post
    When they are 1k people want them to be 500 each

• Agree Agree x 10
  4. Aurum

Aurum King Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    6:32 PM
    Aduro
    F/P Wizard
    This is interesting. And I see where you're coming from. I myself felt personally hesitant on making characters that "require" a lot of INT or a lot of washing (e.g., a bowman). Perhaps this is why people are always looking for "SE" mules and archers for CWKPQ (but this is based on my own anecdotal experiences -- I don't know if there is truly a deficiency of archers and if it is really because they are particularly harder to wash, etc.).

However, in order for the continuity and activity of this server, there needs to be a reason why we vote everyday and why we receive the amount of vote cash that we do. Due to the lack of Vote2Win content, I would argue that AP Resets are the most significant reason why long time players continue to vote to this very day. Voting, in turn, will keep our rankings high and further promote our server to new players. I see it as an investment -- a form of delay gratification. Although I've never personally yet attained an end game character (or even a washed character at that), I could imagine the satisfaction it has brought to those who have already done it, as well as the journey they've experienced with others while doing so.

Personally, I'd rather be off with this whole HP washing system to begin with. But, this causes a lot of controversy among new players and longtime established players. I can definitely see the issue from the side in favour for HP washing, but I still respectfully disagree and think the system should be eradicated along with leeching (it basically does no good in attracting new players). I have my specific reasons for it, and I posted them in another post, but I will not elaborate further here.

Here is how I see it. Some things (e.g., getting to fourth job, getting to level 200, and, unfortunately right now, getting enough APR to wash a character) need to be a challenge or hurdle. If they weren't a challenge, we would easily lose interest in the game, the server would die out, and the economy would crash. There would be no need or existence of any long time established players. I am aware that the extreme converse would result in the latter as well (thus the reason why you wrote this post). I'm not saying the game is perfect the way it is right now but I'm also not saying I completely disagree with your view either. The degree to which this game actually is a challenge is certainly debatable. I think we need to find the correct balance between what is too challenging vs. what is too easy.

Good chat!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Niva

Niva Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Female
    The market would crash if they change the NX req

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Resemblance

Resemblance Red Snail

Nov 24, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    Gold
    I farmed as much presents as i could and still wrote this post. I think you'r entire attitude of blaming the victim is wrong at its core haha #Metoo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Resemblance

Resemblance Red Snail

Nov 24, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    Gold
    I need almost 3 days of voting for 1 lvl up!! (must use fresh ap, 5 apr). That's when spending almost no NX on other viable stuff. It buggs me alot because Maplelegends cash shop is really good and because i can't do 1 lvl per day. At least there is double voting now :p although i've hoped for better nx drop rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    6:32 AM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Here is something you need to note.

Before MapleStory Private Servers, you had to PAY REAL MONEY to use AP Resets.

Here in MapleLegends you don't have to. Also, washing is optional to some degree and you don't have to wash as much as what some people will say.

Because if AP Resets are so cheap and accessible, it will kill the authentic experience that MapleStory Pre Big Bang is about grinding and MapleLegends is simply removing the Pay 2 Win aspect. To add on, there won't by any motive for some players to make an enthusiast character (such as infinity washed characters) if its way more accessible to the average players.... And it will make the server Vote 2 Win if washing can be done so easily.

• Agree Agree x 4